Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hi, I have been registered here for several months and figured I'd introduce myself. I'm 33 and trade part time mainly options at this point. I've traded stocks, and forex in the past but have gotten comfortable trading options. I have been basically obsessed with the financial markets since I was 12. I don't consider myself to be an expert on anything and probably make more mistakes than your average trader but hopefully over the course of time I might be able to add something useful here. There seems to be a good amount of useful information here and some very friendly and generous people willing to share! Thanks for having me and I look forward to interracting with some of you in the future.

Nathaniel

Belated Welcome.... don't be a stranger.

Hi, I have been registered here for several months and figured I'd introduce myself. There seems to be a good amount of useful information here and some very friendly and generous people willing to share! Thanks for having me and I look forward to interracting with some of you in the future.

Nathaniel

Hello Nathaniel, enjoy the forum and good luck trading. :)

Welcome to TL Marek!

TL is a great place to learn for sure. Make sure that you don't rush to go live. Also, make sure that if you're sim is the sort which touches a price and fills you immediately, that you look at each trade to see if the price went through your order subsequently. Otherwise when you go live you are likely to see a big discrepancy between what you are doing now and the results you get with real money.

I have gone long way since this message, tried so many systems , lost so many times, after 2 years of losing I found the way to profit from forex. :)

...I don't consider myself to be an expert on anything and probably make more mistakes than your average trader but hopefully over the course of time I might be able to add something useful here. There seems to be a good amount of useful information here and some very friendly and generous people willing to share! Thanks for having me and I look forward to interracting with some of you in the future...

The reason I stayed alive in the market and learned trading is because of the people who shared their thoughts, strategies and experiences. I think there will be many benefiting from your contribution...

Hi all, I been trading live Forex for about 3 years, before that I traded Options and stocks about 5 years, Forex has been a tricky instument to trade and still is, I believe it's the most hardest instument to trade both technically and mentally, I love trading, I have a really booring time during the weekends because I can't trade, I love every minute I can be involved in some trading. that is pretty much all I wanted to do, not a full time pro yet but Im working hard on it, Brokers I use or used is CMC, Dukascopy, FXCM, Divisa Capital and now Tradestation, I really looking forward to trade Forex with Tradestation, their platform is a dream to what I used before, so what more, Im a swedish guy, allways looking for new trading ideas, what more to say, Im not a quitter, Im going to succeed or die trying:)

I love a schientists approach by trial and error, love to analyse stuff and what more, I love you guys:)

Hi all, I been trading live Forex for about 3 years, before that I traded Options and stocks about 5 years, Forex has been a tricky instument to trade and still is, I believe it's the most hardest instument to trade both technically and mentally, I love trading, I have a really booring time during the weekends because I can't trade, I love every minute I can be involved in some trading. that is pretty much all I wanted to do, not a full time pro yet but Im working hard on it, Brokers I use or used is CMC, Dukascopy, FXCM, Divisa Capital and now Tradestation, I really looking forward to trade Forex with Tradestation, their platform is a dream to what I used before, so what more, Im a swedish guy, allways looking for new trading ideas, what more to say, Im not a quitter, Im going to succeed or die trying:)

I love a schientists approach by trial and error, love to analyse stuff and what more, I love you guys:)

Hi Tradersone and welcome to TL !!!

Remember. all work and no play make Jack a dull boy......... :cool:

What methodology do you use in your forex trading? Were you able to carry anything over from stocks, options?

Hi Tradersone and welcome to TL !!!

Remember. all work and no play make Jack a dull boy......... :cool:

What methodology do you use in your forex trading? Were you able to carry anything over from stocks, options?

Thanks!

the methology I moslty use for Fx is swing trading, mixed with a lot of things for entry, such as Fibonacci, Elliot wave, Price action and more, Stocks are not as liquid and volatile compared to Fx, but there isn't to much differences otherwice, more than I miss volume in Fx, used to trade Options with stock as the underlying value so about the same as trading stocks, technical anaysis of the stock and made the entry on Options. Cheers:)

Hi, I've been studying the Jack Hershey method of trading the S&P mini as explained by Spydertrader. Its been a long slow learning process for me and I wont go live until my replays prove to me that I consistently "know that I know". Are there any current forums on the price-volume relationship? If not, I will just continue to study what has already been written.

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty much a newbie in the light of all your knowledge and experience. I am a student studying Accounting and Finance with a fascination for everything investment related. I have purchased a few stocks with what little funds I have but no more really than just to say I own some shares haha. I have run a few virtual portfolios on Investopedia for about a year and a half now, and recently tried my hand at their FX trading simulator. I'm fairly good at appraising common stocks using various financial ratios and financial statements but am still lacking much knowledge on the technical analysis part. I have learnt a bit about candlestick charts and such techniques as the fib retracement patterns. I know I have so much more to learn and I look forward to reading and contributing on this site with you all!

Been looking for a good trading forum for ages!

Karim

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty much a newbie in the light of all your knowledge and experience. I am a student studying Accounting and Finance with a fascination for everything investment related. I have purchased a few stocks with what little funds I have but no more really than just to say I own some shares haha. I have run a few virtual portfolios on Investopedia for about a year and a half now, and recently tried my hand at their FX trading simulator. I'm fairly good at appraising common stocks using various financial ratios and financial statements but am still lacking much knowledge on the technical analysis part. I have learnt a bit about candlestick charts and such techniques as the fib retracement patterns. I know I have so much more to learn and I look forward to reading and contributing on this site with you all!

Karim

Welcome Ktrading1,

I am sure you will find a lot here on TL to keep you interested.

Hello everyone!

Karim

Hello and welcome to the TL community

Hello,

I am new to trading, basically I have had my account for 1 month. I have been searching for a good place to bounce my ideas off of. currently I am going through the feeding the habit phase, i hope it doesnt go on forever :missy:

hope this place can be it.

Regards,

gannasmk

Hi. I am hoping to learn how to trade e-minis. I have a friend that has been trading ym for quite a while and he is showing me some basic information to get started. I don't want to lean on him too much so before I get started doing this I need to educate myself. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and just trying to get a basic education. I recently read about backtesting and was intrigued. Part of the strategy I am adopting is to paper trade for a whilel to get a feel for this and especially to understand charts. What I'd like to be able to do is to be able to go back into historic data and trade with a replay feature. I thought I saw something like that on think or swim. Is this what I think it is? It seems like a pretty handy way to practice basic trading when the market is closed. Are there other sites you could recommend. Are they free? I appreciate any help and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions on the basics.

Thanks

Hello,

I am new to trading, basically I have had my account for 1 month. I have been searching for a good place to bounce my ideas off of. currently I am going through the feeding the habit phase, i hope it doesnt go on forever :missy:

hope this place can be it.

Regards,

gannasmk

Hi gannasmk,

Welcome to TL ! Start bouncing those ideas whenever you are ready !