Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

I am new to FX trading, trying a demo account.

I want to try one more demo account from another broker. My question may sound silly :)

Is it ok to download MT4 from 2 different brokers at same computer at same time?

Thanks for educated reply.

you should not only use MT4 but try some other type of trading software's as well.

Hi,

I am new in TL...

I interested in Currency from last few days but i didn't get any platform to pacify my curiosity, then i got TL. I want to know more about forex then i can know more and more

Thanks

Hi,

I am new in TL...

I interested in Currency from last few days but i didn't get any platform to pacify my curiosity, then i got TL. I want to know more about forex then i can know more and more

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am the newest member here and just wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

:helloooo:

Hi and welcome to TL !

Hi,

I am Badsal, I am new to this forum. I just discovered this website today. It will be interesting. I thought this was an interesting article:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading/12069-stops-max-adverse-excursion.html

I use a trading journal to calculate the channel percentage of my stops on failed and successful trades. I find the data useful as I can apply it to the different markets I trade. Each market has different successful stop percentages!

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to trading. Interested (at the moment) in penny stocks (yes, I understand the risk as well as the gains). Been doing some paper trading, reading up and staying connected with the OTCBB boards, and other sites. Well, the time is getting close to getting my feet wet. Through the paper trading, I "lost" alot at first, but began slowly "getting" the grips of it and now seeing my gains increase.

I am still looking for a broker firm. Im not rich at all and need to find one that will let me open an account with a very minimum balance. WIll continue to do paper trading along with llive trading to continue to learn the market. My goal is to eventually do full time trading. I have no family (at the moment) and not much else. So I really have nothing to lose,a s long as I do it conservatively.

Thank you for bringing me onto the forums. I hope to at least be able to chat about the Market and learn some as I go along.

Jason

Hi to all,

just happened to stumble on your website/forum by chance.

From what I`ve read so far pretty cool.!

I also am very new to trading and like the majority of newbies have also made a lot of mistakes, I think the main thing people new to trading need to have or learn is patients.

Dont jump in to soon risking your hard earned money, take your time, do the trading systems research, find a system and time frame that suits you then try to perfect and run with it. Even if it takes 3 years to master the benefits and results will be fantastic.

Thanks

The OTCBB market is cyclical in nature. There are times when this market is hot with many stocks going up multiples of 100% in the course of a few days. Most of the time this market is flat and can act as a dirt devil to your capital. You first need to determine if underlying issues are moving. There is a site Trade-Ideas that has free end of day scans. Set up a scan of otc/pink stocks and each day at market close look at the top movers with volume. Be certain to scan for stocks trading a minimum of $100,000 in dollar volume. When you do this you will be able to spot if money is flowing into this market. If it is not, then stay away. Better to trade nasdaq/nyse stocks even if the number of shares you can buy is less. Good luck

Thanks. I see your point. But also, these low stocks, penny stocks, from my observation, move so quickly from minute to minute on an individual basis, that for short term (Day) trading, the volume wouldn't mount much on a large scale. By examining stocks and keeping a log of several stocks and watching alerts from Investors Hub, I have seen some trends. For instance, this past week, Thursday, all the markets went down, including the OTCBB, and the stocks I was watching went down as well. Friday, 4 of these stocks went back up and above there Thursday opening, which meant I would have profited if I was doing live investing. one stock, opened Thursday at .40 and ended at .25. Friday that stock closed at .75. A 200% gain. Of course I saw this throu my research so I immediately jumped on it through my papertrading. And it worked out. Just an idea. Doing the research through the several online sources has helped me spot these stocks and I am looking forward to trying them out with live investing here in a few weeks. I'm giving myself a little while longer of paper trading and research.

I am finding it fascinating and fun and has been occupying my time.

But of course, with all trading, you should always use good judgement and remember there is always a risk. Doing this research and continue doing so. Its fun and have been enjoying it.

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to trading. Interested (at the moment) in penny stocks (yes, I understand the risk as well as the gains). Been doing some paper trading, reading up and staying connected with the OTCBB boards, and other sites. Well, the time is getting close to getting my feet wet. Through the paper trading, I "lost" alot at first, but began slowly "getting" the grips of it and now seeing my gains increase.

I am still looking for a broker firm. Im not rich at all and need to find one that will let me open an account with a very minimum balance. WIll continue to do paper trading along with llive trading to continue to learn the market. My goal is to eventually do full time trading. I have no family (at the moment) and not much else. So I really have nothing to lose,a s long as I do it conservatively.

Thank you for bringing me onto the forums. I hope to at least be able to chat about the Market and learn some as I go along.

Jason

buying and selling penny stock is not trading. It is a form of gambling.

forget about analyzing penny stocks.

forget about studying penny stocks.

forget about papertrading penny stocks.

it is all a waste of time (and your hard earned money).

No need to debate what I say. This is not directed at you. I can't convert a believer. You understand the risk as well as the negative gains.

I am putting this in writing as a record -- as a warning for the new and naive. If I can save one sorry soul, my duty in humanity is fulfilled.

Hello All,

I've been a lurker on this forum for about a year and I must admit this is one of the more informative "and friendly" sites I've seen. I hope to become more active than merely lurking in the months ahead. A little about myself...

I'm a 46-year old full-time trader. Made my first own trade 26 years ago and have been at it mostly ever since, besides a 4-yr stint in the US Marines followed by five and half years at AT&T, but even still, I traded part-time during those years.

I grew up around trading, got my first job when I was 12 years old as a floor runner of paper tickets at the CBOT. Was mentored by Welles Wilder himself a few years later. This is before computers. We would receive our charts on newsprint every Saturday morning, and actually hand draw our indicators on those paper charts. We would plot out moving averages, Fib ratios, and ADX levels all painstakingly by yellow legal pad and pencil, and then transferred to the paper charts. Whew! Those were the days!

I've always been a Tradestation user. I was actually sold my first copy by Bull Cruz himself back in 1989. It was called SystemWriter back then. Later changed to SuperCharts, and now Tradestation. It was expensive in those days. Yes, about $900 per month with data and all the associated fees. This is before broadband so it required the big ugly satellite dish on the roof and very buggy software that would crash multiple times everyday. Still, we had to call our brokers to place trades.

These days I trade for Green Rock Capital which is a small private equity hedge fund out of Hong Kong. I'm am trading Forex, Equities, the German DAX and the S&P E-Mini's currently, but may soon start trading crude and metals. I have two trade assistants which help to alert to new opportunities and monitor existing positions. My current desk image below:

On a personal note, I have been living here in Asia for the past three years and I just got married days ago February 4th (pic below) to a wonderful lady that is also my best friend. She makes me a very happy man and I'll do everything I can to make it last forever. We're moving back to the U.S. by May-June.

I am not interested in promoting any brokers/services here or giving personal advice, but feel free to ask if you have any generic trading related questions. I'm always happy to help. I would like to be a long term helpful member on this board. Thank you for the opportunity. Cheers!

r9r3nd.jpg

ak7ig8.jpg

Hi riadh, if you have experience in forex trading then you can share it here. It will help new traders to learn more about forex trading. And if want to learn something more then fire your query here, other senior member will assist you. Don't search member of a particular country.

Hello,

I am located in North Africa and exactly in Algeria, would like to know if there are members from my country or any other Arabic countries ) :)

I have got a long enough experience with Forex and would like to give and take from the forum members.

thank )

Hi there,

We're glad your part in this forum. Hope to read your experiences, thoughts and etc. about fx. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

you should not only use MT4 but try some other type of trading software's as well.

Agreed. Of course MT4 is the most wide-spread platform but since you're a new to FX and haven't got used to a specific soft it would be quite easy to get into other existing trading platforms. Good luck!

Hello Traders! I'm Tom Smith from Fairfax, CA. I am currently a business analyst from a financial education site.

Hey!!

Does any one here trade using Elliott Wave Theory ??

Regards

Habib

Hello and welcome to the TL community!

Hi everyone, I have been trading for about 8 years now mainly stocks. I have started to trade futures in the last year and have had some good success. I have been using Capital Management Institute's "Channel Breakout DT system" and it has been working well for me. Has anyone else been using this indicator package?

:cool: