Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hi Pa18,

the £185.00 quoted by two different local solicitors.

Have been demo trading on MTB ECN MT4 and there seems to be little to no difference from Alpari's MM MT4 version, maybe it's me but I did expect a new experience. I was considering using MT4 to analyse and use desktop pro to place trades.

Anyway, thanks for the info mate it has been noted.

I haven't made a trade yet as can't decide whether to use MT4 or MTB's proprietary system, desktop pro, any advice here gladly taken..

try both....every system and user has different preferences and likes and dislikes.....needs and wants. Only you can try before you buy

I thought ECN Brokers worked on commission but they also have a spread too. So am I right in believing they charge both a commission and a spread.

dont hold me to this as it is a generalisation and you should check various brokers.....

most ECNs dont have a spread as such. They deal directly into the interbank market....and so any spread is just the normal market spread, without the additional spread of the broker....hence they might charge commission and have minimums.

You need to check out each broker and see how they do it, why they do it, (remember they need to make money too) and understand exactly what they offer.

Have you seen the firms that offer zero spread, and zero commission....ask yourself. How do they stay in business?:2c:

If you have enough money stick to a ECN, pay the commission if its small (eg; $2 per million). It might save you more in the end.

Hi Pa18, found out that there are two types of notaries in the UK. The public notary, who charges £185.00 an hour and a Commissioner for Oaths who charges are set by law at a full £5 for the whole thing.

Solicitors eh, it's a wonder they don't have a bad name. ;)

Hi, nice to meet you all.

Have been demo trading for about 12 months now and have decided to go live. I chose Dukascopy originally but wasn't willing to pay £185.00 an hour for a public notary on a small account. So have opened an ECN account with MBTrading. I haven't made a trade yet as can't decide whether to use MT4 or MTB's proprietary system, desktop pro, any advice here gladly taken.

I thought ECN Brokers worked on commission but they also have a spread too. So am I right in believing they charge both a commission and a spread.

Look forward to reading your messages folks to see where you went wrong and where you went right, hopefully, with your advice I can get to the latter stage without losing to much on the way:confused:.

Was this a charge for verifying some documentation?

Hi Pa18, found out that there are two types of notaries in the UK. The public notary, who charges £185.00 an hour and a Commissioner for Oaths who charges are set by law at a full £5 for the whole thing.

Solicitors eh, it's a wonder they don't have a bad name. ;)

Hi FP, yes, that's the one, I did mine at the Commissioner of Oaths. I glad you found a cheaper solution ;)

John, the charge is for officially verifying you are who you say you are from a VIP

HELLO EVERYBODY...I just log in and new...Its so good that i ll actually have someone(s) to talk and ask about trading...HAVE A BAEUTYFULL DAY:helloooo:http://cdn.traderslaboratory.com/forums/images/FH_Sahm/smilies/custom2/heeeelllllooooo.gif

Hi Everyone,

Found this site after several days trailing through the net looking for a good forum dedicated to trading.

I am new to forex trading and have just opened a Demo account with FXCM so hope to search this site for lots of good positive information regarding trading strategies etc.

Regards Tamag

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the forum. I have been lurking on here for a few months now. Tons of good stuff. I hope I can be a positive influence and add some value.

Hey all

New guy on the block. Old dude, very opinionated, trading since the ark landed on the rocks, say it like it is, I have a lot of info - probably too much; make neat charts and talk a lot if you didn't figure that one out by now. Hope I can add something to the forums with my experience and hopefully I can learn here also. Learning never ends.

Need to get a cool avatar.

slick60

Greetings Fellow Trade Stalkers...

Started in 1980... Futures..have traded almost everything... Now specifically Daytrade ES.. Trade Full Time..

Use MP/Volume Analysis + Some Indicators. Use High and Low Volume Nodes for Targets.

Biggest Challange - Initial Stop Placement and Trailing stops.

I tend to trade with the intra day trend taking positions on continuations... I can thread my entries pretty well... my risk is in the area of 1.25 - 1.5 pts..per contract. I scale one at 1.5pts and then manage the rest.. Since I am descretionary, within a rule based process I have not been able to program what I do..so I am not able to research the variables of different stop/profit methodology.

I hope to learn what other daytraders are using and if there is a common solution that has risen to the surface..

Tom

Thanks for the invite. I'll check it out... Since I don't know my way around the site, if you know of any area that has a focus on trailing stops/open trade management as well as initial stop management, I would appreciate being directed there.

In the ES I tend to leave 1.5 - 2 pts on the table at the end of a swing and this can be a substantial percentage of an average swing based on my timeframe..so I am interested in seeing if there is any "fairy dust" out there so I can capture a bit more..

Thanks again for your time and welcome.

Tom

Hi All,

I've been reading, absorbing and laughing with members of TL for a couple of years now (time does fly). I found TL through my searches for info on DB Phoenix. I swing trade stocks and sometimes ETF by locating trading areas at levels of support and resistance. I've managed to be fairly successful trading, but still continue to work part time at a business I've owned for over 30 years (can't seem to let it go). For relaxation, I enjoy sailing the beautiful Pacific Northwest, playing guitar and keeping fit.

I haven't seen a post by DB in quite sometime and hope he is doing well. His lessons certainly helped my trading account. Does anyone know how he is doing?

Hi there,

I'd like to start off a thread where everyone can post to say hello or ask a question. I personally am an experienced trader and not a beginner. However, being a new member of the TL team, I feel I do qualify!!

I trade E-mini futures mainly S&P 500. I am a full-time retail trader. My main concepts are auction theory and volume analysis. I try my best to listen to the market and control my basic human instincts!! :crap:

Cheers,

TheNegotiator.

Hello All

iam new member here

hope i can discuss here to progress my knowlede in forex

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member of TL. Interested in FX (have been trading for about 3 months), the main timeframe is 4H (sometimes 1W), I use both technical indicators and economic news.

The profit is unstable but I think it's the matter of time :missy:

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member of TL. Interested in FX (have been trading for about 3 months), the main timeframe is 4H (sometimes 1W), I use both technical indicators and economic news.

The profit is unstable but I think it's the matter of time :missy:

Welcome Landser, good luck to you.

slick60

Hi...I am new here, in this forum. By this forum I want to learn how to extend my experience from many friends in all over the word. Thank you. I will also share my experience from Indonesia about our activity and now in trading