Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hi to all TL Traders

I've only just begun this venture (since Feb 2010) and enjoying soaking up knowledge through great websites like TL :)

at the moment trading demo only

want to trade live again wit new technical approach

lerning to trade shares (cfd), fx , commodities ,

looking for micro account no dealing desk broker with MetaTrader platform, living in UK

New to the game and eager to learn risk management.

Good luck to all :)

Marek

Welcome to TL Marek!

TL is a great place to learn for sure. Make sure that you don't rush to go live. Also, make sure that if you're sim is the sort which touches a price and fills you immediately, that you look at each trade to see if the price went through your order subsequently. Otherwise when you go live you are likely to see a big discrepancy between what you are doing now and the results you get with real money.

Just felt like saying thank you to all TL members for making it a great community!

Hi Guys!

I'm a long time lurker- finally glad to writing here and hope to interact with all.

I am a stocks guy. Been trading for 5 years very actively, tried almost all markets, but trading stocks short-term is my love. I've done OK with my trading so far... made enough money to pay for a comfortable lifestyle.

I'm a discretionary trader and idea person- keep note of hundred trading strategies in my secret vault.

:cool:

DD

Hey everyone, Im new to trading, so I just thought I would introduce myself here. Im going to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Finance next year, so I decided to use the knowledge that I have so far to start trading. I must admit the stuff I learned in college so far was pretty much useless so I had to learn by myself for the last few months. My experience so far has only been with a simulated account. I was doing pretty well until last week... and then you know the story! So far my strategy has been to invest in new 52-week highs and small mkt cap stocks. I hope to use this forum as a tool to get some insights on trading and to hopefully get some of my questions answered! :)

Hello everyone:

I trade futures and options. FX, metals and indexes. Trying to automate some of my trading. I use IB (do not use this disaster) till I find something else.

Hope to exchange ideas and strategies.

Hey everyone, Im new to trading, so I just thought I would introduce myself here. Im going to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Finance next year, so I decided to use the knowledge that I have so far to start trading. I must admit the stuff I learned in college so far was pretty much useless so I had to learn by myself for the last few months. My experience so far has only been with a simulated account. I was doing pretty well until last week... and then you know the story! So far my strategy has been to invest in new 52-week highs and small mkt cap stocks. I hope to use this forum as a tool to get some insights on trading and to hopefully get some of my questions answered! :)

Welcome to TL ... *most* of what I learnt in college was useless too! :-) Education never stops ... I wish you the best and see you around the forums

MMS

Hello everyone:

I trade futures and options. FX, metals and indexes. Trying to automate some of my trading. I use IB (do not use this disaster) till I find something else.

Hope to exchange ideas and strategies.

Welcome! I would love to hear your thoughts about IB and whats wrong with it? See some of the good threads about automation: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/10442-manual-automated-trading.html

See you around the forums!

MMS

Learning the markets is a life-long process so stick around and get involved - there is no better way than to learn from others.

Probably more true than almost any other topic area I have come into contact with. It continues to amaze me that the more I learn the more I realize I don't know, but really enjoying the journey!

i being to learn how to invest for a year now. However, i haven't being able to get enough info on how to start, so can someone guide me in the right direction were i can get the info to learn on how to trade

Hello there!

A bit late introduction, since I've been on TL for quite some time. I've realized that TL is actually one of the best forums out there, so I'm here to stay.

Originally from Poland, used to live in South Africa for 11 years, and in Taiwan for almost 10!!! (time flies!!!).

In the beginning it was hell. I sat in front of pc for 16 hours a day, read tons of books, and thought I'm going to go mad or die from some stress-related decease.:doh: I started to learn trading in 2006, and since mid-2008 became profitable. 2010 was a bad year - I've lost discipline for my strategy and messed up with settings and time frames, resulting in giving back most of my profits.:crap: I can't complain since my core invested funds are still up. Now I'm on my way to recovery. What I've learned: discipline for trading is hard. Very hard. Period!

I trade only Daily time frame, mostly spot forex with real money, doing some demo on SP500 CFDs. I'm thinking of switching to futures one day.

I've tried almost all indicators, price-action, waves, Gann, Ichimoku, SR... you name it. Now my strategies are based on movings averages, which I treat as floating SR zones and indications of minor and major trends. I also employ Bollinger Bands and some oscillator (RSI and MACD) and very long term channels high-low. Backtesting is always in satisfactory profits, but as we all know, real trading is never the same:(.

I use fixed fractional % calculation as my risk management and try to get at least 2:1 ratio (profit double the SL). It's going well and I'm coming out of drawdown, but I think I spread my attention to too many markets (EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCD, EURCAD, GBPJPY, EURCHF, USDCHF, Silver, US500). I think something like 3-4 or less should be better, but cannot decide upon which markets to drop.

Anyway, thank you for this forum and Best of Profits to All of You!

Edited by SpecTrade

Welcome to TL Spectrade! Thanks for sharing a little about your story with us. You're of course very right about discipline being particularly hard in trading. The key for me is to be confident in my strategy and pinch myself when I am down to remind me that this one loser will only matter if I make it by not sticking to my downside risk plan!

Anyway, I hope you get involved in the forums as it's a great way to see what your peers think!

Hi, my name is Earle Semple from stone mountain, ga, i'm a newbie trader who have been demo daytrading for about 6 months, i will post my demo account here for about a month and would love some feedback?

this is this weeks demo results, please give feedback,

Holla at me soon

Earle A. Semple

Peace:)

before going on live trade, show us some of your statistics, if you care to, K?

trading paper and trading live are really quite similar and yet quite dissimilar in many different ways than one can imagine....

you really need to have the complete package of trading other than what you show us here....

the complete trading package could include but not limit to:

1--detail trading objectives, goals and plans;

2--personal statistics on past successful sim or otherwise;

3--personally devised past successful trading strategy;

4--personal reward/risk goals and objectives, and;

5--financial resource management plan.

do whatever you like.... K?

you are the absolute master of your own trading destiny....

wishing you plenty of luck and fun trading sim or otherwise.... :missy:

this is this weeks demo results, please give feedback,

I looked at 4 of the pdf files. I'm not familiar with the broker that you are using, or the platform. The information in those files is very basic. It looks like you are making a lot of winning trades, but I have no idea how long you held the trades, if there was any drawdown, or what the potential commission fees were. There are platforms that provide a lot more detailed statistics.

Hello,

I found this forum while looking for info on Wyckoff trading methods and it's been very helpful in that regard, thanks.

I've been riding a gold trade for about three years and am starting to get serious about learning to identify market tops and bottoms. I am specifically looking for tops in gold (signal to get out) and in treasury bonds (signal to get in). I feel the top in gold is still years away but I try to stay keep an open mind and stay flexible. I started shorting bonds WAY too early but in very small increments. When it turns I will start to build a more substantial position. I actually trade almost opposite to Wyckoff principles. I study fundamentals intensely, have too much in one sector, I average down, and I don't use stops. I hold a core position and trade small amounts to lower cost and build core. Seems to work okay for me. It does involve a lot of risk in dollar terms, but my personal view is that gold is safer than dollars right now anyway. I would prefer Wyckoff if I could read the markets well enough to make it work. We'll see.

I've been trading for about six months am still eager to learn. I invest in stocks, trade forex and considering options and etfs. I look forward to learning a lot from the forum, but I have to be honest. I am not the brightest color in the box, and facetious and sarcastic remarks turn me off to forums quickly. I tend to believe them, because I don't "get it". Hopefully, the crowd here has devised a sarcasm icon if they engage in such activity. Let's get started!

Dan

, and facetious and sarcastic remarks turn me off to forums quickly. I tend to believe them, because I don't "get it"

Dan

I made a conscious decision very early in life to respect what people say, and take what they say seriously. The down side to that, is that I sometimes believe things people say that aren't helpful. I could go through life being cynical and skeptical, but I really don't want to become that kind of person. I may be naive at times, and that's the price I pay for respecting what people say until it's proven wrong.

I often don't "get it" myself. But after a while I realized that it's not that I don't "get it", it's that I'm reserving judgement until I have more information. I try to keep a sort of neutral outlook. That neutral outlook keeps me from making quick decisions sometimes, and means that I "don't get it". It's more of a filtering mechanism in the way I process information from people than my mental aptitude.

Hello,

I found this forum while looking for info on Wyckoff trading methods and it's been very helpful in that regard, thanks.

I've been riding a gold trade for about three years and am starting to get serious about learning to identify market tops and bottoms. I am specifically looking for tops in gold (signal to get out) and in treasury bonds (signal to get in). I feel the top in gold is still years away but I try to stay keep an open mind and stay flexible. I started shorting bonds WAY too early but in very small increments. When it turns I will start to build a more substantial position. I actually trade almost opposite to Wyckoff principles. I study fundamentals intensely, have too much in one sector, I average down, and I don't use stops. I hold a core position and trade small amounts to lower cost and build core. Seems to work okay for me. It does involve a lot of risk in dollar terms, but my personal view is that gold is safer than dollars right now anyway. I would prefer Wyckoff if I could read the markets well enough to make it work. We'll see.

Be careful,that strategy is dangerous,especially in trading equities

Hi everyone! It is great to be here. I just landed on this site a few days ago and I am enjoying all the information.

I am a stay at home mother and housewife. My children are all in school now and I have a lot of time on my hands. I have an insatiable curiousity and find I need to stay busy. I stumbled upon day trading in the spring and have been studying the subject ever since.

Currently, I am working on a trading plan. I plan to trade currencies and will start with one pair at this time. I will begin backtesting strategies to narrow down a strategy or two. Trading plan will include stops and limits. Not interested in swing trading at this time. In and out before closing works for me. Basically, I am trying to include every risk measure possible in my plan.

There are a couple of things on my mind and would greatly appreciate some feedback on...

1. I have 2,000 capital and plan to contribute 150 each month. Although I am not anywhere near ready to do live trading, I am wondering if this is enough capital to begin trading.

2. Has anyone had any success starting small and building up capital. If so, I'd love to hear what strategies were incorporated into your plan.

3. At this point, I think I would want some live trading training. Any suggestions where or how I can do this?

Susanne

Just wanted to check in and say hi! My name is Sara aka Lil Miss Markets and I love trading and doing commentary on markets. Looking to me new people! :)

Hii Sara.. I am Henry, even i am also quiet new in Forex. Nice to meet the people like you as we both help each other.

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm trying to learn more about trading in general. I'm very new at this (been trading since June 10th, 2011), and I don't really have a specific type of trading yet. My trades tend to last about a week, partially because I can't watch my stock for most of the day. I've been making money on most of my trades, but I feel that a lot of it is just due to luck. I learned to use stops the hard way, losing most of my profit on one bad company. :doh:

Some things I feel I need improvement on are entering and exiting trades, how to find the right stocks, and knowing which indicators to use. I read Elder's book Come Into My Trading Room and I started to look at Investopedia, but I needed a place where I could ask questions and learn from the experts. That's why when I found this site I knew it would be perfect. :)