Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

HighStakes

No B.S Day Trading

I think John Grady's e-book is a fair deal at $40. Grady is now offering webinars too. Jack Broz also offers order flow training at:

TradeBondFutures.com

I agree that this style of trading is not for everybody (myself, for example). I am still using order flow in my projects, but I am relying on automation to do the parts that I am not very good at. I have no plan at this time to buy any trainings or mentorships, as those get expensive fast and emphasize adopting the vendor's style. I figure at some point I need to start thinking for myself.

Hello everyone,

This course (book + videos) came to my attention last week. It seems to fill a few gaps in my knowledge base and covers stuff I`m interested in learning more about.

NO BS DAY TRADING - No BS

Anyone here who`ve read it yet?

Thanks in advance,

HighStakes

Come on Highstakes,

Its only $39 Just buy it and see for yourself.

BUT

If you think you can buy the holy grail for $39. Well.....

You come from Oslo. Thats near the home of Father Christmas.

Kind regards

bobc

I think its a good question. Most of the books out there add little to our knowledge so checking if at least one person thinks it's good is sensible - its not the price of the book necessarily; we also have to invest the time to read it.

Lovely city Oslo; I was a little disappointed by Copenhagen but Oslo was as clean and beautiful as a European Capital deserves to be.

I think its a good question. Most of the books out there add little to our knowledge so checking if at least one person thinks it's good is sensible - its not the price of the book necessarily; we also have to invest the time to read it.

Lovely city Oslo; I was a little disappointed by Copenhagen but Oslo was as clean and beautiful as a European Capital deserves to be.

Spidey Sense

You are right

bobc

Al Brooks has three new price action books soon to be released. I'm betting they will help greatly to decrypt and expand on his first, horribly edited effort.

So, the money is probably better spent learning re-edited and expanded price action tips from Al who keeps it visually as simple as possible with a plain 5 min chart and a 20 ema than some Generation X-er with a potty mouth.

Al Brooks has three new price action books . . .

I tend to cringe when I hear the phrase "price action", because if you ask 10 people what they mean by it, you get at least 14 definitions. In general, if a trader is monitoring a chart (5 minute or otherwise), he is not doing what I consider to be "reading order flow". That's not to say there is anything wrong with trading from charts. I have used charts in the past.

"Tape reading" is another phrase that's often interpreted in many ways. Traditionally, it meant charting price moves, and had nothing to do with reading a Time & Sales display. That's unfortunate but understandable, since computers had not been invented yet.

I appreciate the input, rwk.

I`ve read well over 100 books on trading and extensively studied half of them. Knowing that 80-90% of what is written on trading is mostly useless and recycled garbage from guys who don`t know how to trade, I`m usually fairly critical, especially when it comes from some online vendor where the barrier for releasing something is pretty much non-existent.

The other thing is that I`m not so sure how reliable reading order flow is in a market such as S&P, considering arbitrage and program trading.

I`m intimately familiar with the works of Al Brooks. I read his book twice and then re-wrote it on the third time in a language I could understand. Learned a lot from him and myself:)

SpideySense,

When did you visit Oslo? I`m actually embarrassed over our capital as parts of it is dirty and full of visible drug abuse,etc.

Glad you liked it though. Parts of it is truly beautiful :)

Kind regards,

HighStakes

This was reccomended by one of the traders at a trading arcade I used to trade at. As a trader it made very good sense, then as a Broker taking orders of Investment Bank Traders either for their Clients or on a proprietary basis the article made even more sense. Good value for money and excellent.

"Turn those charts off and Trade!".

IMHO, price action apply to both charts and order flow. Just in different ways:

in candles/bars (charts) and in figures (order flow)

I tend to cringe when I hear the phrase "price action", because if you ask 10 people what they mean by it, you get at least 14 definitions. In general, if a trader is monitoring a chart (5 minute or otherwise), he is not doing what I consider to be "reading order flow". That's not to say there is anything wrong with trading from charts. I have used charts in the past.

"Tape reading" is another phrase that's often interpreted in many ways. Traditionally, it meant charting price moves, and had nothing to do with reading a Time & Sales display. That's unfortunate but understandable, since computers had not been invented yet.