Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jackb

PowerCharting Joins TTM

not, if you filter it with time of day, day of week, multiple time frame confirmation and bid/ask volume.

Yes, even if you do rudimentary things like what you listed, its still a blow-up in the making.

Ha funny indeed especially since you mentioned Taleb. I was going to say that you don't even need a 'back swan' for it all to result in tears, chances are there will be a 'correction' that is bigger than the account being traded before very long. I can't see many starting out being able to swing 1024 contracts if price goes 10 'units' against you. I'm loath to ask (as I am not that interested) but he/they are not advocating others trade like that are they? If not then why even present it?

I can only surmise that he/they:

1. Know the truth and they are actually in awe of the Kevin Trudeau's of the world.

2. Kind of know something's not quite right but they prefer to deal with it through compartmentalization, obfuscation and self-deception. Such an issue isn't worth really addressing if it runs the risk of chasing away clientele.

3. Are completely clueless and oblivious as to what's really going on.

Right now, I'm inclined to believe it's a little of #2 and a greater amount of #3. But I'm also inclined to believe that he/they will become privy to this thread or other similar critiques elsewhere. So, ultimately he/they will become fully vested in #1.

The nice thing about it is that I'm confident one of their customers will post here when D-day hits since it's really just a matter of When, not If. I don't begrudge them for riding it for all it's worth. Hell, even after the blow-up, people will rationalize it as being caused by something other than a fatalistic Martingale system.

Ooooyyyyyyy

Uh yeah, I never had a losing trade either, and I'm uhhh, Handsome, yeah, and uhhhh Rich and tall, and witty.... Did I mention I never had a loser?

Get real... If he has had a streak (it happens), it will end. TTM started off with some good trading ideas / style, but has turned into a mass marketing, cross marketing "venture". In John & Huberts refs to there "masterminds" adventures, they have spoke of just selling more, finding 'bright peoples stuff" to resell over & over, to each wave of newbs falling off the turnip trucks.

Simple Question EVERY trader should ask.. "If this person has the grail, why is he trying to SELL it to me?" If I owned the Golden Goose, I'd hide in a cave with dual satellite connections and milk it to death, then retire quietly.

Those that can DO, those that cant, TEACH!

Trader, Know Thy Self...

.......... L. O. L. ..........

I assume you meant that to be offensive. Sorry, but I do have a busy life. It's Sunday evening, and I am just beginning to lay out my week and had a few minutes to check out this forum - the first time in months by the way I believe.

Originally Posted by traderguy101

i am very busy, but just thought i would post a quick note ...

.......... L. O. L. ..........

I assume you meant that to be offensive. Sorry, but I do have a busy life. It's Sunday evening, and I am just beginning to lay out my week and had a few minutes to check out this forum - the first time in months by the way I believe.

no that's not meant to be offensive... I am laughing at your post, that's not offensive. L. O. L.

Thats about a generous a characterization as I can manage given what I am hearing about the room..I would look for another alternative.

Steve, it's impossible to give you an alternative here.... as anyone who attempts is shot down for being a newbie, first time poster, having less than 10 post, or whatever. In otherwords you might be sincere in wanting an explanation, but most here have no interest in anything but what they already know for sure (which in their minds is more than anyone else).

Jack I just saw this He trades a real account - you can see his orders appear in the DOM when he starts putting in size.. Are you sure? I presume he obscures his account number or does he? Are you sure it is not sim? If he uses a Martingale betting strategy he will blow up spectacularly. It's not a question of if its a question of when.

His broker is Infinity Futures, and you can see them at nearly any trade show or call them on the phone. I believe Robert Hoffman has given Infinity permission to state his performance (this is somewhat common in the industry if a client agrees to it).

Actually, he goes short and long probably an equal amount - so this is not a trending issue (although you didn't refer to what market you were talking about).

Robert does know he will have a loss, and I have seen him have them... just not in the last 16+ months.

Also, he is one of the best managers of money I have seen in a trader, so he will not be stupid enough to be painfully hurt when a loss comes.

He's simply benefited from the characteristics of trending markets that have been in play over the purported period in which he "hasn't had a losing day."

Well if they are (students), they must be asleep and want attempt to trade with him anyway. He warns then of his ability to trade large several times a day, most times even before he enters a trade.

This is the problem with these forums... you are saying "what I dislike about this is that HIS Students are probably unaware" whereas if you knew the facts you would say instead " What I LIKE about this is that HIS Students ARE aware"...

No offence to you, but there is no way you can correctly evaluate this as you are assuming false assumptions from your past (I assume bad) experience.

What I dislike about this, is that HIS STUDENTS are probably unaware of the magnitude of risk they are exposed to if the emulate this strategy...Steve

Actually, he goes short and long probably an equal amount - so this is not a trending issue (although you didn't refer to what market you were talking about).

Robert does know he will have a loss, and I have seen him have them... just not in the last 16+ months.

Also, he is one of the best managers of money I have seen in a trader, so he will not be stupid enough to be painfully hurt when a loss comes.

How do you know that Hoffman knows he will have a loss? Do you subscribe to his room? Is he a friend of yours that you have had intimate conversations with on this topic?

I think I have been very patient with this crap

Look the gentleman can do whatever he wants and whatever people with let him do (obviously)...

For me I have the following unanswered questions...how does a person get "personal attention" in a class of hundreds of students. I am thinking he or she does not..period..prove me wrong.

How does a person learn to trade watching a trader who scales in & out with virtually unlimited capital. How does a student learn to manage risk that way? They don't....and what kind of lesson is learned by folks who have limited capital and are trying to move to the next level.....I'm thinking nothing worth coming here and mentioning, otherwise we would have heard a few success stories.(we havent')....I think I have wasted enough time on this subject.

I think I have been very patient with this crap

Look the gentleman can do whatever he wants and whatever people with let him do (obviously)...

For me I have the following unanswered questions...how does a person get "personal attention" in a class of hundreds of students. I am thinking he or she does not..period..prove me wrong.

How does a person learn to trade watching a trader who scales in & out with virtually unlimited capital. How does a student learn to manage risk that way? They don't....and what kind of lesson is learned by folks who have limited capital and are trying to move to the next level.....I'm thinking nothing worth coming here and mentioning, otherwise we would have heard a few success stories.(we havent')....I think I have wasted enough time on this subject.

This has nothing to do with you and your (im)patience. Why is that you felt compelled to make such a comment? Again, do you know Hoffman personally?

This has nothing to do with you and your (im)patience. Why is that you felt compelled to make such a comment? Again, do you know Hoffman personally?

I could ask you the same question. I've taken the time to look into this and my opinion is unchanged. Except that now I am thinking that you're acting like a shill. I've seen enough to make my mind up...

we're done here.

I could ask you the same question. I've taken the time to look into this and my opinion is unchanged. Except that now I am thinking that you're acting like a shill. I've seen enough to make my mind up...

we're done here.

You're right, I'm not interested in conversing with someone who is incapable of responding to simple questions and acts like a child. Run along now, it's past your bed time.

You're right, I'm not interested in conversing with someone who is incapable of responding to simple questions and acts like a child. Run along now, it's past your bed time.

No problem "Mr. Hoffman", I'll be on my way now....thanks for the interview. We all enjoyed it..

I know you are busy and I sure am as well. We will just agree to dis-agree on a few pts.

Robert has a great memory and get's to know people on a personal level. I believe this was even a surprise to Hubert and John (how well he knows his students). I have never met anyone in the trading community that is willing to help as much as him.

I expect someone to chime in now and say "sure he helps but there is a fee", but the other side of that coin is he has helped many people and organizations for many years in the past. In my opinion he has a special skill set that few have, and deserves what his fee structure is now.

IFor me I have the following unanswered questions...how does a person get "personal attention" in a class of hundreds of students. I am thinking he or she does not..period..prove me wrong.

Well if they are (students), they must be asleep and want attempt to trade with him anyway. He warns then of his ability to trade large several times a day, most times even before he enters a trade.

Does he explain exactly how large? As I said before few people can afford to multiply there size by 1024 times if price moves 10 'units' of rpice against them. And of course if price continues to move unfavourably you must double again and again and again.

That's fair, but it's also fair you plan on eating crow or something if he doesn't....lol.

Would you even be willing to publically state in this thread to say something like "I guess Hoffman knew more than me" if he doesn't blow up in the next 12 months?

Also, what is the defination of blow up (meaning he has to leave the business, or perhaps losing a million bucks)?

Can we set June 1, 2012 as the date?

I would give the OP 12 months max for a blow up.

Absolutely, and he has a scalling calculator that is also provided to all students. He works through the calculator on an almost daily basis.

Does he explain exactly how large? As I said before few people can afford to multiply there size by 1024 times if price moves 10 'units' of rpice against them. And of course if price continues to move unfavourably you must double again and again and again.

That's fair, but it's also fair you plan on eating crow or something if he doesn't....lol.

Would you even be willing to publically state in this thread to say something like "I guess Hoffman knew more than me" if he doesn't blow up in the next 12 months?

Also, what is the defination of blow up (meaning he has to leave the business, or perhaps losing a million bucks)?

Can we set June 1, 2012 as the date?

what does hoffman has anything to do with me? (or you for that matter? are you confused? LOL)

unless you and the OP and hoffman are one and the same person.

in that case, I think you would blow up in 12 months as well.

I know you are busy and I sure am as well. We will just agree to dis-agree on a few pts.

Robert has a great memory and get's to know people on a personal level. I believe this was even a surprise to Hubert and John (how well he knows his students). I have never met anyone in the trading community that is willing to help as much as him.

I expect someone to chime in now and say "sure he helps but there is a fee", but the other side of that coin is he has helped many people and organizations for many years in the past. In my opinion he has a special skill set that few have, and deserves what his fee structure is now.

I wish I had more time to respond, but I don't so all I have time to say is that I wish I had more time.