Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jurotraderslab

Automated Strategies Risk/return Profiles Examples

I have always been interested in seeing what other people can come up with when it comes to fully automated trading strategies. By that I do not mean them actually revealing their strategy logic (why would they?) but rather providing a glimpse of what risk/return/drawdown etc. their strategy can achieve.

So here is what I would like to see ideally in this thread. Whoever has a strategy that is fully automated (purely mechanical), please share some of your backtested (or better yet traded) results. The only requirement I pose here: only include OUT OF SAMPLE tests of your systems.

By the same token, here is what I wouldn't like to see: a bunch of people saying it's impossible to come up with a purely mechanical trading strategy.

To be fair I am attaching a snapshot of one of my strategies, I hope to see many others.

StrategySnapshot.xls

Second try on upload.

Hello jurotraderslab. I have included one of my own strategies for the Mini Russell 2000 futures contract. This is a 12 month back test with a 4.5 point ($450) stop loss.

Best of luck,

crossbones

hi croosbones,no file or attachment is here.u need to try an other time plz.AND

450$$$ stop loss is not too big?what is your profit target?And by the way,which platform u r using for this strategy,,,ninja or trade station or some thing else?

That's a pity there are not so many exanples, otherwise it would be very nice

every TradeStation and MultiCharts software comes with 150+ autotrade strategies.

have you looked at them?

what comments do you have?

Tams, I would be curious to know exactly what you prefer to look at in evaluating a viable system?

Thanks,

James

I guess I cannot speak for Tams, but I would like to see that the fundamentals of the system are solid and properly implemented. In short, there should be no mysticism. The reasons for entry/exits should be clear, and reproducible, given the same conditions. The same is true for any other mechanical system in nature. How does your car engine distinguish between the first 100th revolution and the 10000th revolution? It doesn't. Neither should your trading system.