Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sergio83

Free Market Profile Charting Tool

Hi,

I finally developed an Excell worksheet (actually is made with OpenOffice Calc) with which is possible to visualize Market Profile charts after have inserted Highs and Lows from a simple copy/paste from the MT4 History Center.

I hope that my work can be of any itnerest for some other beginner and to receive some usefull help or suggestion on how to better use this tool.

If want the worksheet, just send me a private message on this forum or leave your email.

Good work Sergio83! Very interesting analysis. Please share with me. jdevron@socal.rr.com

Hi,

do you know, that there are EAs for MT4 to show MP?

You may choose days of looking back, if too much, MT4 will slow down though.

But nice, using MP with futures, you only have one session / day.

If using with FX, you have 1 day / 24 hrs.

The EA, I'm using, shows 3 sessions overlapping (Asian, London and US).

Mine is an old one (only looking for the pic and POCs), but I just googled, and there are some, which seems to be usable and are free to use too.

josch

sorry everybody... after a while I forgot about this post..

you can download it form here; SergioMP.ods

and here an explanation

for use this worksheet you need OpenOffice Calc. Is like excell but you can download it for free from internet, just google it.

I've written two Macros in this worksheet, one deletes all the data inserted in the different day tables for high and lows (called Clean), the other calculate and visualize value area initial balance etc. (called SUBs)

if you don't know how to add a macro to an hotkey please follow this video from the minut 1.58:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORH6T3ZDh-E]Calc. How to create macro and set hot keys - YouTube[/ame]

In the worksheet there are 3 sheets for every day, you insert the open-high-low-close value for each half hour in the first sheet and automatically the prpofile will appear in the sheets with asia-western session and whole day session. For visualize value areas point of control and so on, you have to run the SUBs macro and wait few seconds.

i trade with EUR/USD forex spot., but the scale of the prices will change accordingly to the values you insert in the Highs-lows table.

In the "parametri" sheet there are few parameters you can change for adit the scale price step, or open-close time or the range of prices shown in respect to the open price of the week.

The macro SUBs will calculate every day that has an open price inserted, if there's also the closing price, the day will be calculated only if in the cell "i50" there's the number "1".

sorry everybody... after a while I forgot about this post..

you can download it form here; SergioMP.ods

and here an explanation

for use this worksheet you need OpenOffice Calc. Is like excell but you can download it for free from internet, just google it.

I've written two Macros in this worksheet, one deletes all the data inserted in the different day tables for high and lows (called Clean), the other calculate and visualize value area initial balance etc. (called SUBs)

if you don't know how to add a macro to an hotkey please follow this video from the minut 1.58:

In the worksheet there are 3 sheets for every day, you insert the open-high-low-close value for each half hour in the first sheet and automatically the prpofile will appear in the sheets with asia-western session and whole day session. For visualize value areas point of control and so on, you have to run the SUBs macro and wait few seconds.

i trade with EUR/USD forex spot., but the scale of the prices will change accordingly to the values you insert in the Highs-lows table.

In the "parametri" sheet there are few parameters you can change for adit the scale price step, or open-close time or the range of prices shown in respect to the open price of the week.

The macro SUBs will calculate every day that has an open price inserted, if there's also the closing price, the day will be calculated only if in the cell "i50" there's the number "1".

Hai mr.sergio tq for your sharing ..... after i check your giving link it already dead . Hope u can attach new one because i want practice MP to improve my trading or who already have file can post here or can email me : newship_8@yahoo.com

Edited by za_xc03

Hi Sergio,

I am studying Market profile now and interesting in it. Could you

share the excel to me ? I would like to do some experiments with it.

Thanks a lot.

Moreover, It would be more appreciated if you could share some experiences

and precautions. Thanks.

My Email : mxjiang.tw@gmail.com

I would be interested in having a copy of your profile tool to experiment with.

My email is iratei@yahoo.com. Very interested as I find MP fascinating too. The big question is always How to determine if I should trade extreme prices back to the middle or go with a breakout?

If want the worksheet, just send me a private message on this forum or leave your email.

Hi Guys I am new to market profile if anybody is having any working excel file especially for NSE stocks, I will highly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. Please mail to ram.pgr@gmail.com