Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

demeanor

Which Trading Platform is Better..I Need Play Money to Trade

The platform depends on what type of trader you are. If you are a technical trader, you'll want superior charting capabilities like you get with TradeStation or ESignal.

If you are a fundamental trader, and all you are doing is entering orders, just about any platform will do.

Find some demo and free trial offers and check out the common features to see what design you like.

There are different platform in market which allow you to trade with paper currency until you build up the confidence and get equipped with the platform. Butt his decision depends entirely on the fact that What type of trader you are ?

hi there !!

can anybody guide me as to which online trading platform is better which offers play money account to trade with paper currency...

responses appreciated...

Depends on what instruments you plan on trading, Spot Forex, futures, options,

Indices, etc.

The short answer.. Any broker will give you a demo account to trade (thats the "play money" you are looking for.) As far as platforms go, you just have to experiment. they are all different, some of the more popular ones are mt4, and tradestation, but each broker will have their own variation.

Of course the other option would be to find a third party signal provider with their own platform and just use your broker's platform for the BUY and SELL buttons..

personally I think the best platform out there comes in the form of Dynamic Fibonacci grids. I have been using them for over 5 years and use nothing else besides them. They work great especially for intraday scalping and shorter term swing trades.

...good trades,

Sam

Edited by Mysticforex

I think most online platforms offer a demo version as a way to suck you in and eventually take your money.. I mean as a way to introduce you to the platform and give you a chance to take it for a test run :).

I personally used a demo of Transact AT then NinjaTrader, and ultimately went with NinjaTrader.

Remember though, trading with a demo isn't like live trading, as the fills you get won't reflect the ones you'd get on the actual market.

What I can recommend is an autotrading platform. Due to lack of time Zulutrade has worked for me very well. I follow some Signal Providers and the positions they open (trades) are executed automatically in my account. It is really worthy a test of this platform.

^ I've heard some good things about autotrading platforms as well... but like shakespeare515 said, any broker will offer free demos so you just need to experiment to determine your trading style.

On the subject of autotrading platforms, I think Strategy Runner Lite & Pro do autotrading, but this is off the top of my head and not something I've ever really looked into - just wanted to give a name to check out.

Personally I LOVE interactive brokers.

Transaction fees are very small-half penny/share for most US equities and 2.40 for e-minis.

So unless you're regularly trading 1500 shares per transaction, it beats the 7.50 per transaction costs of fidelitiy/entrades of the world.

also, they have great historical data through their Trader Workstation and an API if you want to set up some sort of automated trading.

For futures only trading, I've heard NewEdge is really awesome, though I haven't looked into it. Any recommendations on where to do strict futures? I'm interested in swing trading Wheat at the CME.

Zulutrade has been showing some good prospects. Their signal provider program actually works. You just need to choose a good broker for you. 1.gif

if you said this couple years ago many woudl listen, but many traders been 'severe' already with zulu. nowadays we had a better option, a social trading capability, forexcopy feature. even so there's no lazy way to made profitable invesment, traders should keep on balance and have a better insight before taking decision. personally i use myfxbook autotrade feature with my armada markets account, been run for months, profit gain are good and reasonable, most important is the risk are keep at lower percentage.

Personally I LOVE interactive brokers.

Transaction fees are very small-half penny/share for most US equities and 2.40 for e-minis.

So unless you're regularly trading 1500 shares per transaction, it beats the 7.50 per transaction costs of fidelitiy/entrades of the world.

also, they have great historical data through their Trader Workstation and an API if you want to set up some sort of automated trading.

For futures only trading, I've heard NewEdge is really awesome, though I haven't looked into it. Any recommendations on where to do strict futures? I'm interested in swing trading Wheat at the CME.

My favourite platform to trade shares is also IB . Especially their web trader which is so easy to use. For forex MT4 is good as most forex traders would say.

Its actually a better option for you to fund a live account with small money and start trading; as you don’t need much capital to start trading a live account these days, with brokers such as Profiforex offering you a live account for as low as $1, but since you looking for play money, you an join demo contest in any of the trading platforms, from which you can take your winnings to start a live account.

Well there are many different types of trading platform available. For me few are good and some are really useless. Take a really very good while any trading platform as your all tradings are going to be part of it.