Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

vienna

Multicharts Replay?

For the MC experts here: I want to replay Charts with 5-Min bars in a accelerated version, such as one 5-Min bar per Minute. What is the best setting to do this? (tick-by-tick, minute-by minute ?) my objective is to practice marking-up charts with tls' etc.

many thanks,

Vienna

For the MC experts here: I want to replay Charts with 5-Min bars in a accelerated version, such as one 5-Min bar per Minute. What is the best setting to do this? (tick-by-tick, minute-by minute ?) my objective is to practice marking-up charts with tls' etc.

many thanks,

Vienna

I would do one bar at a go...

it forces you to focus on the EOB MADA.

...but wouldn't you miss the intrabar stuff, with the prorata volume etc.?

The purpose of my post is to make a decision between Ninjatrader and MC, for the JH method. I need replay and was wondering if MC's replay feature is up to par with Trade Navigator and Ninjatrader... I am used to MC and would prefer to stay with it, unless the replay function is much better in these other softwares....

Vienna

...but wouldn't you miss the intrabar stuff, with the prorata volume etc.?

The purpose of my post is to make a decision between Ninjatrader and MC, for the JH method. I need replay and was wondering if MC's replay feature is up to par with Trade Navigator and Ninjatrader... I am used to MC and would prefer to stay with it, unless the replay function is much better in these other softwares....

Vienna

if you can master EOB MADA...

intrabar is a cakewalk.

ps. depending on your indicators, you might not get the intrabar PRV. This is a complicated thing, playback does not give you a 100% "real life replay".... don't know how to explain it in 25 words. The best is to try it and see if it works for you.

thanks, will try that..what is your take re MC replay versus TN or Ninja? Do you have an opinon on this?

i have no experience with TN

i have tried nt a few years ago... don't have any recollection tho.

nt is free, why don't you download it and give it a try for yourself?

If I may bother you for one more thing: for MC, I use Esignal...is OK, but expensive... do you have any recommendation for a datafeed?

I use InteractiveBrokers.