Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

blueberrycake

S/R on Minor Forex Pairs and Crosses

I've recently been trading the major forex futures (6E, 6J, 6B, 6A), and have been pleasantly impressed with the quality of trends, as well as their respect of important S/R lines.

Having started looking at spot forex, I realized that the number of currencies and crosses available for trading is quite extraordinary. The liquidity seems a bit thin on some, but probably sufficient for longer term trading on 1D and 1H timeframes.

I am curious, for those of you that have experience with a broader range of currencies, are there any minor currencies & crosses that are worth trading? By "worth trading", I mean that they respect horizontal S/R lines and MAs, and have good volatility / tendency to trend.

-bbc

Hi Blueberrycake.

I have found that while many of the crosses may have a reasonable liquidity, often the cost of doing business ie: spreads make the risk reward a bit hard to achieve compared to the range of the pair that day.

I found a very useful indicator that will let you know if it is worth trading a particular currency.

You can see it on the attached chart on the top right.

Basically any spread percentage under 5% is worth a look, but over 3% is really getting too expensive.

That particular indicator is not mine, but Hector has a great explanation of it at the following link.

What Currency Pair To Trade

ratio-e1292939750778.gif

I can't remember if I had to sign up or not to get it but I did and he has some very cool info on his site.

You asked two different questions ... trend/volatility and respect for S&R.

IM experience the likes of EJ and GJ can offer excellent trend/volatility even applying brooky's spread/averange test to determine costs. But S&R is determined on the majors as that is what the money is watching so you need to look at EU, UJ and GU while trading them to find "valid" S&R areas. Often they will appear to work - but generally that occurs when the majors hit S&R at the same time.