Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jcryder

Mad Hedge-Fund Trader

I am considering subscribing to John Thomas' new prgram which is called "macro millionaire". Has anyone had any success dealing with John Thomas and his "Mad Hedge-Fund Trader " program? He is promoting his new mentor program for a fee of 1997.00 per year. I have been following his webinar promotions over the last week, and of course they are impressive, but have been unable to find any substantiated reviews on Google searches that I believe to be independent reviews. Any help would be appreciated.

I am considering subscribing to John Thomas' new prgram which is called "macro millionaire". Has anyone had any success dealing with John Thomas and his "Mad Hedge-Fund Trader " program? He is promoting his new mentor program for a fee of 1997.00 per year. I have been following his webinar promotions over the last week, and of course they are impressive, but have been unable to find any substantiated reviews on Google searches that I believe to be independent reviews. Any help would be appreciated.

.......... you are kidding, right?

.......... you are kidding, right?

No, I am not kidding. Are you telling me that you know it is a scam? I am just here to learn and am trying to find out if anyone has any experience dealing with John Thomas and his Mad Hedge-Fund Trader program. Is there anyone out there who has any experience dealing with this program?

You're better off putting that 2k into a market account and learning to trade yoruself after first spending some time on a paper trading account.

You should learn about the turtles. You can give someone a step by step system and they will still fail. You need to learn on your own.

Read through this site and get ideas, develop a system, back test it, paper trade it then go out on your own.

I would recommend you get a good broker who understands what you are trying to do and will work with you to develop your system. Get good charting software and data and get started.

Thanks Nick. I am familiar with the "Turtles" and totally agree with your advice. I am not a newbie, and I understand that, although the system is important, trader psychology and risk management (to simplify and keep it brief) are the most important factors that decide whether or not you can be a profitable trader. I just was interested if any traders have ever had any dealings with John Thomas or his advice on profiting from macro economic events. I am just looking for an edge from the macro trend perspective.

Yes I know some folks who got involved. One of them actually caught herpes just reading the material......

Ok, just kidding.

Seriously though, you ought to give it a try, I think anytime a vendor offers a program with the word "Millionaire" in the title....clearly it is time to jump on it before that valuable program disappears.....right....

you know, I was giving this subject some thought...over the years I have tried quite a few "Millionaire" programs....lets see there was "Millionaire Dog Grooming"....that one sucked...."Millionaire Pest Control"...."Millionaire Tax Preparation" oh yeah and my favorite..."Millionaire Shoe Salesman"....and curently I am thinking seriously about buying the "Millionaire Real Estate Investor" program...you may want to look into that one as well.....

Edited by steve46

screw millionaire....these guys are behind the times. the new word today thanks to China, the growing budget deficits and the real big boys in hedge funds is BILLIONAIRE. if you are not aiming for that then clearly the system just does not work.

But no.... i dont know who John Thomas is.

No, I am not kidding. Are you telling me that you know it is a scam? I am just here to learn and am trying to find out if anyone has any experience dealing with John Thomas and his Mad Hedge-Fund Trader program. Is there anyone out there who has any experience dealing with this program?

trading is about understanding yourself...

you don't need anybody else.

There is a reason you can't find anything about him/it with google.

1. Most of these guys change their names frequently to stay ahead of the last generation of sheep.

2. Most of the sheep are far too embarrassed to post about it. They wonder if it was just them.

But the "millionaire" bit is a complete giveaway. Show some brains and stay away.

screw millionaire....these guys are behind the times. the new word today thanks to China, the growing budget deficits and the real big boys in hedge funds is BILLIONAIRE. if you are not aiming for that then clearly the system just does not work.

But no.... i dont know who John Thomas is.

Right! When I was a kid it counted for something nowadays my cleaner is one. Incidentally in UK English John Thomas is slang for *cough* a penis, I'd be wary.

He started this service in late November and his December returns with this service were over 20%, he uses alot of options spreads. Also, years worth of archives are available for FREE on his website. I have been following him for a while and he was spot on for all of 2010.

He does put on a cheezy hard sell with his marketing, but once you start reading his content and viewing the webinars you will see that he is for real. But like I said, his archives speak for themselves so don't listen to me - go read 3 years worth of content for free to see how roght or wrong he has been.

To be fair, i could post up 3 years of successful trades, they are pretty easy to find in the past, the difficuly lies in finding them before they happen!! Have you ever heard of the saying 'those who can, trade. Those who cant, teach' ?

I need an attorney to file suit against JOHN THOMAS, the so called MAD HEDGE FUND TRADER. The man is an arrogant, name dropping incompetent. I lost nearly $10,000 due to his advice during his 90 day trial period. I have the evidence to prove it. Please provide me the names of some law firms. I need to file a lawsuit against this man.

I need an attorney to file suit against JOHN THOMAS, the so called MAD HEDGE FUND TRADER. The man is an arrogant, name dropping incompetent. I lost nearly $10,000 due to his advice during his 90 day trial period. I have the evidence to prove it. Please provide me the names of some law firms. I need to file a lawsuit against this man.

You lost $10,000?! Why would you blindly follow a salesperson's trading advice with real money?? Why didn't you demo-trade first until you discovered whether or not John was legit?? You won't win a lawsuit...you undoubtedly signed that you completely understood the risk and relieved JT of any responsibility. Just accept responsibility for your bad decision, deal with the consequences, and move on... :roll eyes:

Edited by Cory2679

On which trades?? Please share. The short Euro trade is the only loser on the books and the realized gains since December are +26%. The BAC call spread returned 9% alone in one month.

Secondly, please report returns as a %. 10k is alot to some and negligible to others, depends on your portfolio size.

I have started with him on 2nd of January 2011 and for the past three months my account is down , 10%, out of his 12 recommendation , 11 are down, I have now decided I have to get out of some of my positions before losing more money, I have all his recommendations to date, if anyone needs it, I will be happy to forward his so called news letter to them, I do not wish this happen to anyone else out there, trust your own judgement, rather than so called expert.

A.R

John, I am new to Traders Laboratory and have your exact same question,except I only saw his presentation for the first time today. I agree with your assessment of all the Google listings...nothing from an independent source.

Have you received other answers from your inquiry? Would really like to see them if you had.

Thanks.

Ron Walker

arr said: "I have started with him on 2nd of January 2011 and for the past three months my account is down , 10%, out of his 12 recommendation "

Sorry thats impossible. John has a very transparent trading book. Since Jan 2 2011, he has initiated 9 trades, and

GLD Put Spread 37% gain

VIX Call Spread 15% Gain

SPY Put Spread 14% Gain

USO Put Spread 81% Gain

YCS 12% Loss

FXE Put Spread 75% loss

Oh and I forgot the still open position:

Sold TLT Puts 74.5% gain

So anyone claiming they lost alot of money with this service isn't using the service properly, sorry folks.

If you include December results, as the service started early December, the portfolio is up over 25% since inception.

I only subscribed after making a killing following his free content for 2 years. THis is the closest thing to the real deal as i have ever found. You can basically trade like a hedge fund for a fraction of the cost.