Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

kiatz15

TTM Indicator

Tradestation has their version of this as a canned indicator now. Under 'Show Me' it is called 'Pivot High' & 'Pivot Low'; use a setting of 3 bars; it is the same thing. I have the TTM scalper indicator; it is just a swing point/pivot indicator in paintbar form. TTM has some good indicators, but there are some great open-source ones on this forum as well. Swingpoint indicators lag, even with a faster setting of 3 bars. They are useful for trend trading on medium to higher timeframes, but not worth much for scalping, etc.

Check out the Squeeze, CCI, etc from BluRay on this forum; they are really good.

CH

You don't need to pay for it if you have thinkorswim. Just do a google search and there are a few web pages with free thinkorswim studies, they have all the TTM stuff.

However, let me tell you a secret. After using it for a few weeks, you'll stop bothering to pull it up. Just use your MACD or basic price action. It'll do a better job.

hi guys,

i will want to know how can i get my hand on the TTM scalper indicator?

please help me with it.. i am new here..

Pm me or reply to this thread. thank you!

I have TTM scalper alert. It's got a couple major problems:

1. First off, you, it's a "paint" indicator, meaning, in this case, it paints a white bar at where it thinks the swing pivot "just was". I say "just was", somewhat tongue in cheek because a) they need anywhere from 3-7 candles/bars, I've noticed, in order to do their Heiken Ashi 6 bar analysis. BOTTOM LINE: The indicator repeatedly frustrates me because they PAINT them in the "perfect position", but do so AFTER the fact. What's more, by the time you GET that ALERT = the time it PAINTS, the trade is LONG since over.

So, this is an issue I have with that particular Indicator.

So far i have bad experience with indicator. But still i am trying to get good indicator which really help me. I am also new here. i just join here so that i can improve myself though i at this time i am trying to lean Price Action trading. :missy:

The TTM Squeeze Indicator: A Few Key Points:

the TTM squeeze indicator was developed to keep from going cross eyed from looking at all of the line crosses. The TTM squeeze indicator visually represents what is happening with all of the lines.

The TTM Squeeze Indicator is very easy strategy to learn and works on all time frames. We like the Two Minute and Five Minute time frames the best.

The TTM Squeeze Indicator normal signal is red dots, no trade.

When green dots appears, it means that the TTM squeeze indicator is on.

When a red dot is followed by a green dot, it means that the TTM squeeze indicator has fired, volatility is expanding.

The histogram(the vertical lines) is a measure of momentum; If it is blue we go long, if it is red we go short.