Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

CType

Stops Yes or No?

Hi,

Ive been searching the forum for a difinitive answer, and the fact that I can't find one is probably all the answer I need.

It seems that sometimes a trade gets stopped out, and then the price goes back to where you where expecting it to go when you entered.

The question is: Are professional traders just taking your shares cheap, or Is that really just the way the market moved that day?

If the pros are just taking your shares cheap is that considered part of the risk of trading? You just set your stop and hope they don't bother with it that day. The lack of any concern from this forum tells me not to worry about it. I would like to know what your opinion is of this practice, if it actually exist, and what can be done about it,.

Thanks

Bill

My trade strategy always brackets an order, with a target and a stop. I will trade a 2nd position with a trailing strategy as well. Typically, as per my trade system, I enter a trade where my entire trade profile is predetermined; where my entry is, my fixed target, my initial stop.. also, how I manage the trade as it progresses. Where price has to go to trigger some trade mgt rules; reducing risk, locking in a little bit of profit, exiting a position at my predetermined fixed target, and then letting the remainder run with a trailing stop strategy.

My entire trade is a component to a greater tradeplan that acts as my roadmap each and every session. I know when I start my session, how long I trade for, and even have a dynamic, self adjusting daily goal setting strategy that guides me regarding my trigger to stop trading. My tradeplan allows me to quit positive on most sessions while also allowing me to take what the market wants to give me, vs what I want out of the market.

In the end, I have done my research to establish an edge in the market and that's what I trade and how I trade. The stops are a key part to the overall plan.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Tams, I'm guessing by your answer you would just make sure the stop is reasonable, and not worry about stop hunters.

Yes I do, if you mean do I try and stay outside the potential price movement. I use 1.5 to 2 time ATR to place initial stops.

Thanks Tams, I'm guessing by your answer you would just make sure the stop is reasonable, and not worry about stop hunters.

Yes I do, if you mean do I try and stay outside the potential price movement. I use 1.5 to 2 time ATR to place initial stops.

2x ATR is often within 2 standard deviation,

ie. there is a 95.4499736% chance the market will go there without any special MM effort to hunt you.

2x ATR is often within 2 standard deviation,

ie. there is a 95.4499736% chance the market will go there without any special MM effort to hunt you.

Im not sure you can conclude that (though may be wrong :)). Within any sample 95% of the data will be within 2 standard deviations so assuming a normal distribution (market data is not normal but lets not split hairs), there is a 95% probability that any data will not be outside 2SD.

Thanks Tiobingo. I'm getting the impression that I should be more concerned about where to place the stop then I am about getting stopped out by some market manager. That's what I really wanted to know.

Im not sure you can conclude that (though may be wrong :)). Within any sample 95% of the data will be within 2 standard deviations so assuming a normal distribution (market data is not normal but lets not split hairs), there is a 95% probability that any data will not be outside 2SD.

trend bias will skew the distribution to the naked eye.

CType, some trades will win and others will lose and you can't be too worried about trying to avoid the losses that fit within the winning results of a system that gives you a winning edge over time. If you try to avoid the losses, you'll wind up ironically, missing the winners and getting the losses anyway. To make matters worse, most people will find some 'thing' to blame rather than their own lack of a well researched tradeplan and their own failings as a trader. You ask an excellent question but I think that the more important questions you need to find answers to are questions like: What should I trade? How should I trade it? The answers to those questions will come from some good old fashion hard work that would result in a good winning tradeplan. Read a lot of the posts on this forum and you'll soon learn that many traders have not bothered to do that kind of preliminary work. You could tell from their questions (and responses). Some have, of course, and you can also tell from what they say. Try to find a good mentor or trade coach.

ctype,

You must never forget to pay attention to volume averages. If the averages are low then its likely that you will find it nearly impossible selling your holdings, even with stop orders. Find a volume range that you're comfortable with and only trade those stocks meeting that range.

*Good luck on your next trade*

It seems that sometimes a trade gets stopped out, and then the price goes back to where you where expecting it to go when you entered.

I find that some of the best entry opportunities often occur right after a thrust/shakeout. I don't know what sort of strategy you use, but you may look at entering a trade only after a test/rejection of the opposite direction.

-bbc

Thanks bbc,

Right now I'm trying to get familiar with my charting software, and how to code the scans to find what I'm looking for. Also being pretty new at this I thought I'd find what someone else is doing, or has done and just work on that until I get it. There are a lot of books on short term tradeing, almost all of them panned by someone for one reason or the other. I researched the authors and now I have a book by Oliver Velez "Tools and Tactics for the day trader", but it covers swing trades as well. Its a bit old though.

I'm going to start trading using only one of his techniques, and just stay with that one until I'm comfortable with it. There is a lot of information on this site that I'll need to digest sometime, but for now I don't want to get back into that information overload condition I was in a few days ago. I 'unsubscribed' to dozens of sites this week only keeping this one, one from Worden for software support, and my account. I had so many ideas floating around my head I didn't know where to start. :confused:

Well thanks for the information everybody, I'm going in.:)

Bill

trend bias will skew the distribution to the naked eye.

Indeed it will. However that is an argument against your original point :). And as I mentioned the 95% rule is for normal distributions (and financial data series clearly are not with there 'fat tails').

Anyway on a more constructive note one can look at MAE (Maximum Adverse Excursions) to fine tune stops. It's a bit of a a balancing act really, wider stops more winners but the losses will be larger, narrower stops less winners but smaller losers.

Personally I prefer market structure for stops (swing highs/lows) but the world and his brother knows there will be orders accumulated there making them more vulnerable perhaps.

I'm getting the impression that I should be more concerned about where to place the stop then I am about getting stopped out by some market manager. That's what I really wanted to know.

correct.

The market does not care who you are, where your entry is, where your stop is.

wait for the risk reward entries that suit you.

Though there may be traders hunting obvious stops, there is not a global conspiracy of traders out there hunting your stops. (you will always have times your stops get hit then reverse right to the tick, just as you will always have days when you fail to take an umbrella even when you know you should and it then it rains.....another global conspiracy :))

Getting stopped out is half the fun. I have found that most of my trades retrace after the entry. So, one strategy I have is to have my normal entry and then wait for the retracment. Then place my stop when I do the order. This way my stop is further away than the original stop would have been and I make more when I hit the original target.

Test this out with your strategy and see if it does not imporove your results. Of course the retracment might be a reversal and you stop out anyway..so stop and reverse:)

BW

Hi,

Ive been searching the forum for a difinitive answer, and the fact that I can't find one is probably all the answer I need.

The question is: Are professional traders just taking your shares cheap, or Is that really just the way the market moved that day?

If the pros are just taking your shares cheap is that considered part of the risk of trading? You just set your stop and hope they don't bother with it that day. The lack of any concern from this forum tells me not to worry about it. I would like to know what your opinion is of this practice, if it actually exist, and what can be done about it,.

Thanks

Bill

Here is a strategy on how to make money day trading ES:

1) you need a minimum $100K

2) u begin trading 2 contracts. for every $100K increase in your account, add 2 more contracts. dont really need chart. just dom

3) your profit target will be 2pts and no stop but add when the market is not going in your favor. the reason to add because u have that STAYING POWER. the market will always reverse or retraced

4) once u profit, enter again asap. must do this continously nonstop.

5) if the market still cant hit your profit target at the close, swing it

That is how you trade. Placing stop means u are asking to get stopped out. In fact, when placing stop really mean u are doing the big funds a favor by getting filled fast.

Hope this help

I find that some of the best entry opportunities often occur right after a thrust/shakeout. I don't know what sort of strategy you use, but you may look at entering a trade only after a test/rejection of the opposite direction.

-bbc

Yep. If price approaches a level without any kind of test or violation, it's tough to know if the level (top or bottom) is in and if your stop will live. It's better to see a 'peek' through the doorway and let PA show a rejection. Tim Morge (of MedianLine fame) spent some time documenting what needs to be seen and coined the term "Good Separation." He wrote a pretty good doc imo, which can be found here.

CType,

In my opinion, risk control is a must to survive. There are many ways to control risk - price stops, time stops, far out of money options etc.

I think the problem is most people trade with notion they are right till market proves wrong i.e., wait to get stopped out at their hard stop. Better way in my opinion is to aggressively manage position to break even. The goal should be to play the game for free (i.e., with stop at break even) as often as possible. Not many people do that or think that way. Myself and other professional traders I know do that.

I see you are looking for a system. My suggestion, pick a simple trend-pullback method, one market, one time frame and spend next few months just trading on simulator only one setup making around 1000-2000 trades. Then the method will become yours. Challenge is not finding a system but ability to do the above.

I don't think realistically an individual trader can compete with professional firms on mechanical or fundamental based systems. Better bet would be discretionary trading.

Good Luck

CType,

In my opinion, risk control is a must to survive. There are many ways to control risk - price stops, time stops, far out of money options etc.

I think the problem is most people trade with notion they are right till market proves wrong i.e., wait to get stopped out at their hard stop. Better way in my opinion is to aggressively manage position to break even. The goal should be to play the game for free (i.e., with stop at break even) as often as possible. Not many people do that or think that way. Myself and other professional traders I know do that.

I see you are looking for a system. My suggestion, pick a simple trend-pullback method, one market, one time frame and spend next few months just trading on simulator only one setup making around 1000-2000 trades. Then the method will become yours. Challenge is not finding a system but ability to do the above.

I don't think realistically an individual trader can compete with professional firms on mechanical or fundamental based systems. Better bet would be discretionary trading.

Good Luck

Hello

Here is the best way to take a trade:

Lets say we want to short corn at a resistance value of 594 2/8.

Once price hits 594 2/8, WAIT DON'T SHORT IT.

Let price go down and then wait for the retrace / test back to 594 3.8 or a little higher.

If it doesn't retrace and the trade runs away from you let it go, it's a missed trade.

BE PATIENT, trade with the sim until you get the hang of it.

Fibtrader

Hi,

Thanks

Bill

I am assuming you are talking about stop losses. There seem to be all sorts of opinions as to where to place stop losses, and I have read numerous comments that too many traders place them a specific percentage away, or a specific amount away, and tend to get stopped out easily. whether it is specific action by certain individuals "hunting" stops, or jsut the normal action of the market due to various strategies, when you are out, you are just as out no matter the cause (hunter or otherwise).

I believe it is Charles LeBeau who recommends a 3x Exponential ATR stop as a chandelier stop. Those, too will get stopped out, but the original stop (placed at time of purchase) is used to protect capital and to provide the figuring point for how much to purchase, and the traveling stop, once you are in profit, is to protect profit, act as a selling stop if there is a reversal, and cover you if you do not have a specific sell target.

I saw one program (which escapes me now) where they used a 4 ATR stop consistently (which of course limits even more the size of purchase).

It may be that you are placing the stop too close; increasing the amount of ATR may reduce the number of times you are stopped out. However, it also limits the size of purchase. On the other hand, it may let you run longer without having to re-group and purchase back in. As they keep saying, there is no Holy Grail.

Hi,

In ly thoughts, there is no definite answer to that question, the reason is that you never will be able to avoid getting shaked out unless you just don't trade

I'm a pure discretionnary trader. The result is that I seldom set hard stops as i prefer to rely on price action to determine if I should hold or exit a trade. But i always define a maximum risk that i can accept.

By the way, I try to adapt to the profile of each period (day or time of day) modifiyng the way I manage my trades. As a result, most of time market doesn't seem to offer good R/R opportunities, I just avoid trading that period, and when despite these precautions price action doesn't go as expected, I get out, not waiting to get stopped out or that my max risk to be reached.

That 's for day trading. Of course in addition you must consider that different trading timeframes (Scalping, DT swing ....) require different exit or protection strategies.

Well. that's the way I do things, but I wouldn't pretend there is no other ways to manage risk.

Ps. Sorry for my approximate english, I'm not a native

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Date: 17th April 2024. Market News – Appetite for risk-taking remains weak. Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Stocks, Treasury yields and US Dollar stay firmed. Fed Chair Powell added to the recent sell off. His slightly more hawkish tone further priced out chances for any imminent action and the timing of a cut was pushed out further. He suggested if higher inflation does persist, the Fed will hold rates steady “for as long as needed.” Implied Fed Fund: There remains no real chance for a move on May 1 and at their intraday highs the June implied funds rate future showed only 5 bps, while July reflected only 10 bps. And a full 25 bps was not priced in until November, with 38 bps in cuts seen for 2024. US & EU Economies Diverging: Lagarde says ECB is moving toward rate cuts – if there are no major shocks. UK March CPI inflation falls less than expected. Output price inflation has started to nudge higher, despite another decline in input prices. Together with yesterday’s higher than expected wage numbers, the data will add to the arguments of the hawks at the BoE, which remain very reluctant to contemplate rate cuts. Canada CPI rose 0.6% in March, double the 0.3% February increase BUT core eased. The doors are still open for a possible cut at the next BoC meeting on June 5. IMF revised up its global growth forecast for 2024 with inflation easing, in its new World Economic Outlook. This is consistent with a global soft landing, according to the report. Financial Markets Performance:   USDJPY also inched up to 154.67 on expectations the BoJ will remain accommodative and as the market challenges a perceived 155 red line for MoF intervention. USOIL prices slipped -0.15% to $84.20 per barrel. Gold rose 0.24% to $2389.11 per ounce, a new record closing high as geopolitical risks overshadowed the impacts of rising rates and the stronger dollar. Market Trends:   Wall Street waffled either side of unchanged on the day amid dimming rate cut potential, rising yields, and earnings. The major indexes closed mixed with the Dow up 0.17%, while the S&P500 and NASDAQ lost -0.21% and -0.12%, respectively. Asian stock markets mostly corrected again, with Japanese bourses underperforming and the Nikkei down -1.3%. Mainland China bourses were a notable exception and the CSI 300 rallied 1.4%, but the MSCI Asia Pacific index came close to erasing the gains for this year. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.vvvvvvv
    • Date: 16th April 2024. Market News – Stocks and currencies sell off; USD up. Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Stocks and currencies sell off, while the US Dollar picks up haven flows. Treasuries yields spiked again to fresh 2024 peaks before paring losses into the close, post, the stronger than expected retail sales eliciting a broad sell off in the markets. Rates surged as the data pushed rate cut bets further into the future with July now less than a 50-50 chance. Wall Street finished with steep declines led by tech. Stocks opened in the green on a relief trade after Israel repulsed the well advertised attack from Iran on Sunday. But equities turned sharply lower and extended last week’s declines amid the rise in yields. Investor concerns were intensified as Israel threatened retaliation. There’s growing anxiety over earnings even after a big beat from Goldman Sachs. UK labor market data was mixed, as the ILO unemployment rate unexpectedly lifted, while wage growth came in higher than anticipated – The data suggests that the labor market is catching up with the recession. Mixed messages then for the BoE. China grew by 5.3% in Q1 however the numbers are causing a lot of doubts over sustainability of this growth. The bounce came in the first 2 months of the year. In March, growth in retail sales slumped and industrial output decelerated below forecasts, suggesting challenges on the horizon. Today: Germany ZEW, US housing starts & industrial production, Fed Vice Chair Philip Jefferson speech, BOE Bailey speech & IMF outlook. Earnings releases: Morgan Stanley and Bank of America. Financial Markets Performance:   The US Dollar rallied to 106.19 after testing 106.25, gaining against JPY and rising to 154.23, despite intervention risk. Yen traders started to see the 160 mark as the next Resistance level. Gold surged 1.76% to $2386 per ounce amid geopolitical risks and Chinese buying, even as the USD firmed and yields climbed. USOIL is flat at $85 per barrel. Market Trends:   Breaks of key technical levels exacerbated the sell off. Tech was the big loser with the NASDAQ plunging -1.79% to 15,885 while the S&P500 dropped -1.20% to 5061, with the Dow sliding -0.65% to 37,735. The S&P had the biggest 2-day sell off since March 2023. Nikkei and ASX lost -1.9% and -1.8% respectively, and the Hang Seng is down -2.1%. European bourses are down more than -1% and US futures are also in the red. CTA selling tsunami: “Just a few points lower CTAs will for the first time this year start selling in size, to add insult to injury, we are breaking major trend-lines in equities and the gamma stabilizer is totally gone.” Short term CTA threshold levels are kicking in big time according to GS. Medium term is 4873 (most important) while the long term level is at 4605. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • Date: 15th April 2024. Market News – Negative Reversion; Safe Havens Rally. Trading Leveraged Products is risky Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Markets weigh risk of retaliation cycle in Middle East. Initially the retaliatory strike from Iran on Israel fostered a haven bid, into bonds, gold and other haven assets, as it threatens a wider regional conflict. However, this morning, Oil and Asian equity markets were muted as traders shrugged off fears of a war escalation in the Middle East. Iran said “the matter can be deemed concluded”, and President Joe Biden has called on Israel to exercise restraint following Iran’s drone and missile strike, as part of Washington’s efforts to ease tensions in the Middle East and minimize the likelihood of a widespread regional conflict. New US and UK sanctions banned deliveries of Russian supplies, i.e. key industrial metals, produced after midnight on Friday. Aluminum jumped 9.4%, nickel rose 8.8%, suggesting brokers are bracing for major supply chain disruption. Financial Markets Performance:   The USDIndex fell back from highs over 106 to currently 105.70. The Yen dip against USD to 153.85. USOIL settled lower at 84.50 per barrel and Gold is trading below session highs at currently $2357.92 per ounce. Copper, more liquid and driven by the global economy over recent weeks, was more subdued this morning. Currently at $4.3180. Market Trends:   Asian stock markets traded mixed, but European and US futures are slightly higher after a tough session on Friday and yields have picked up. Mainland China bourses outperformed overnight, after Beijing offered renewed regulatory support. The PBOC meanwhile left the 1-year MLF rate unchanged, while once again draining funds from the system. Nikkei slipped 1% to 39,114.19. On Friday, NASDAQ slumped -1.62% to 16,175, unwinding most of Thursday’s 1.68% jump to a new all-time high at 16,442. The S&P500 fell -1.46% and the Dow dropped 1.24%. Declines were broadbased with all 11 sectors of the S&P finishing in the red. JPMorgan Chase sank 6.5% despite reporting stronger profit in Q1. The nation’s largest bank gave a forecast for a key source of income this year that fell below Wall Street’s estimate, calling for only modest growth. Apple shipments drop by 10% in Q1. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • The morning of my last post I happened to glance over to the side and saw “...angst over the FOMC’s rate trajectory triggered a flight to safety, hence boosting the haven demand. “   http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/topic/21621-hfmarkets-hfmcom-market-analysis-services/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-228522   I reacted, but didn’t take time to  respond then... will now --- HFBlogNews, I don’t know if you are simply aggregating the chosen narratives for the day or if it’s your own reporting... either way - “flight to safety”????  haven ?????  Re: “safety  - ”Those ‘solid rocks’ are getting so fragile a hit from a dandelion blowball might shatter them... like now nobody wants to buy longer term new issues at these rates...yet the financial media still follows the scripts... The imagery they pound day in and day out makes it look like the Fed knows what they’re doing to help ‘us’... They do know what they’re doing - but it certainly is not to help ‘us’... and it is not to ‘control’ inflation... And at some point in the not too distant future, the interest due will eat a huge portion of the ‘revenue’ Re: “haven” The defaults are coming ...  The US will not be the first to default... but it will certainly not be the very last to default !! ...Enough casual anti-white racism for the day  ... just sayin’
    • Date: 12th April 2024. Producer Inflation On The Rise, But Will Earnings Hold Demand Steady?     Producer inflation rose slightly less than previous expectations, but the annual figure continues to rise. The annual PPI rose to 2.1% and the Core PPI rose to 2.4%. The NASDAQ and SNP500 end the day higher, but the Dow Jones continues to struggle. This morning earnings kick off with the banking sector including JP Morgan, BlackRock and Wells Fargo. All 3 stocks trade higher during pre-trading hours. The Euro trades lower against all currencies despite the ECB’s attempt to establish a hawkish tone. USA100 – The NASDAQ Climbs Higher, But Is the Growth Sustainable? The NASDAQ was the only index which did not witness a significant decline at the opening of the US session. In addition to this, the USA100 is the only index which is witnessing indications of a bullish market. The price has crossed onto a higher high breaking the resistance level at $18,269. The index is also trading above the 75-Bar EMA and at the 65.00 level on the RSI which signals buyers are controlling the market. However, a similar large bullish impulse wave was also formed on the 3rd and 5th of the month and was followed by a correction. Therefore, investors need to be cautious of a bearish breakout which may signal a correction back to the 75-bar EMA (18,165). The medium-term growth and its sustainability will depend on the upcoming earnings data.   Bond yields declined during this morning’s Asian session by 18 points, which is positive for the stock market. However, even with the decline, bond yields remain significantly higher than Monday’s opening yield. This week the 10-year bond yield rose from 4.424 to 4.558, which is a concern. If bond yields again start to rise, the stock market potentially can again become pressured. 25% of the NASDAQ ended the day lower and 75% higher. This gives a clear indication of the sentiment towards the technology sector and reassures traders about the price movement. Another positive was all of the top 12 influential stocks rose in value. Apple, NVIDIA and Broadcom saw the strongest gains, all rising more than 4%. Producer inflation read slightly lower than expectations, however, the index continues to rise. The Producer Price Index rose from 1.6% to 2.1% and the Core PPI from 2.1% to 2.4%. Therefore, it is not indicating inflation will become easier to tackle in the upcoming months. For this reason, investors should note that inflation and the monetary policy is still a risk and can trigger strong bearish impulse waves. EURUSD – The Euro Declines Against Major Currencies The European Central Bank is attempting to concentrate on the positive factors and give no indications of when the committee may opt to cut rates. For example, President Lagarde advises “sales figures” remain stable, but the issue remains they are stably low. Officials said the decline in prices generally confirms medium-term forecasts and is ensured by a decrease in the cost of food and goods. Most experts continue to believe that the first reduction in interest rates will happen in June, and there may be three or four in total during the year. Due to this, the Euro is declining against all currencies including the Pound, Yen and Swiss Franc. The US Dollar Index on the other hand trades 0.39% higher and is almost trading at a 23-week high. Due to this momentum, the price of the exchange continues to indicate a decline in favor of the US Dollar.   Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Michalis Efthymiou Market Analyst HMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.