Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
lonew0lf

High Lo

I'm trying to code this indicator to show me anytime I have a HL followed by a LH. I've attached the code below but it only appears to plot LH followed by HL. I've tried but nothing seems to work.

Attached is the code (not sure where I got the code from, most likely off a message board here) and a visual of what i'm looking to accomplish.... any assistance would be much appreciated.

// This indicator labels HH, HL, LL, LH on the chart.
//

inputs:  
LeftStrength( 3 ),
RightStrength( 3 ), 
LookBackLength( 100 );

variable:  
ID(-1), 
Offset( 0 ) , 
HighValue1(0),
HighValue2(0),
LowValue1(0),
LowValue2(0);

Offset = .15 * Average( Range, 5 ) ; 

if PivotHighVSBar( 1, High, LeftStrength, RightStrength, RightStrength + 1 ) <> -1 then 
begin 
HighValue1 = PivotHighVS(1, High, Leftstrength, RightStrength, LookBackLength );  
HighValue2 = PivotHighVS(2, High, Leftstrength, RightStrength, LookBackLength );  

if HighValue2 <> -1 and ( ( HighValue1 >= HighValue2 - Offset ) and ( HighValue1 <= HighValue2 + Offset ) ) then  
begin 
	ID = Text_New(Date[RightStrength], Time[RightStrength], High[RightStrength] + Offset, "DT");  
	Text_SetStyle(ID, 2, 1 ) ; 
	Text_SetColor(ID, black);

Value1 = 1;
end ;  

if HighValue2 <> -1 and HighValue1 > HighValue2 and value1 = 0 then  
begin 
	ID = Text_New(Date[RightStrength], Time[RightStrength], High[RightStrength] + Offset, "HH");  
	Text_SetColor(ID, blue);
end 
else 
if HighValue2 <> -1 and HighValue1 < HighValue2 and value1 = 0 then
begin
	ID = Text_New(Date[RightStrength], Time[Rightstrength], High[RightStrength] + Offset, "(LH)");
	Text_SetColor(ID, blue);
end ;
Value1 = 0;
end ; 

if PivotLowVSBar( 1, Low, LeftStrength, RightStrength, RightStrength + 1 ) <> -1 then 
begin 
LowValue1 = PivotLowVS(1, Low, Leftstrength, RightStrength, LookBackLength );  
LowValue2 = PivotLowVS(2, Low, Leftstrength, RightStrength, LookBackLength );  

if LowValue2 <> -1 and ( ( LowValue1 >= LowValue2 - Offset ) and ( LowValue1 <= LowValue2 + Offset ) ) then  
begin 
	ID = Text_New(Date[RightStrength], Time[RightStrength], Low[RightStrength] - Offset, "DB");  
	Text_SetStyle(ID, 2, 0 ) ; 
	Text_SetColor(ID, black);

Value1 = 1;
end;  

if LowValue2 <> -1 and LowValue1 < LowValue2 and Value1 = 0 then  
begin  
	ID = Text_New(Date[RightStrength], Time[RightStrength], Low[RightStrength] - Offset, "LL");  
	Text_SetColor(ID, white);
end 
else 

if LowValue2 <> -1 and LowValue1 > LowValue2 and Value1 = 0 then
begin
	ID = Text_New(Date[RightStrength], Time[RightStrength], Low[RightStrength] - Offset, "(HL)");
	Text_SetColor(ID, white);
end;
Value1 = 0;

// Experimental

if LowValue2 <> -1 and LowValue1 > LowValue2 and HighValue2 <> -1 and HighValue1 < HighValue2 and value1 = 0 then
begin
	plot1 (high, "HL LH");
	Alert("short reverse");
end;

end ; 

sample.thumb.png.2f76536bb8723ef1c4efc9a14558537a.png

sample2.thumb.png.1e13980273fad189735b2a98731cd046.png

This code was originally written by Ant,

I modified it with the bracketed text.

Both the original code and the modified code have been posted to various boards by different people.

TAMS - that must be where I got it then, thanks. Do you have any ideas on how to get this to plot the show me when I have a HL followed by LH?

yes it can be done.

if you can imagine it,

visualize it,

quantify it,

articulate it,

you can code it.