Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AntaniTheBest™

Repositioning an Indicator

Hi ,

Would it be possible to move an indicator (such as moving average) in the middle of his career?

I try to explaine : a trendline drawn , if I wanted to move the move by grabbing his extreme. Here, if I wanted to move a moving average, to my knowledge, you can not because the MovAvg is anchored to the chart. I would only move the moving average and not everything that concerns the bar prices.

In addition, I would like to know if this movavg, it can not move from the extremes but in the middle or in a spot chosen by me.

Tks for help

Roberto

Hi,

Not sure if I quite got what you were asking, but if you need to position a moving average around the chart you might find this indi useful.

I have made it so that you can apply horizontal and vertical shifts both positive and negative.

The chart attached shows the same indi loaded a few times with some parameters changed to show you how it can work.

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers

Brooky

Brooky_MaMover.mq4

ma_mover.thumb.gif.cf1ef0e41664f2fba1082d1b6467e83d.gif

Hi,

Not sure if I quite got what you were asking, but if you need to position a moving average around the chart you might find this indi useful.

I have made it so that you can apply horizontal and vertical shifts both positive and negative.

The chart attached shows the same indi loaded a few times with some parameters changed to show you how it can work.

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers

Brooky

Hi Brooky and tks for help.

I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that the language on which the code was applied to EasyLanguage. :-P

Tks

Roberto

One way would be to add an offset input and add that to the average before plotting it. If you wanted to shift it left/right too you would need to add a y offset too. Something like

var: Period(13),Xoffset(0),Yoffset(0);

....code to calculate average goes here....

plot [Yoffset](MyMovingAverage+Xoffset);

It would not be drag and drop but it would allow you to 'nudge' the average around by changing the offset parameters.

One way would be to add an offset input and add that to the average before plotting it. If you wanted to shift it left/right too you would need to add a y offset too. Something like

var: Period(13),Xoffset(0),Yoffset(0);

....code to calculate average goes here....

plot [Yoffset](MyMovingAverage+Xoffset);

It would not be drag and drop but it would allow you to 'nudge' the average around by changing the offset parameters.

Tks BlowFish ,

But if I wanted to move the point Z? I try to explain better: Y is the beginning, X is the end: Z in the middle there. That 's what I want to move, leaving intact the Y and Z points. Something like that, it can be done? Is there a way to codify?

In addition, the drag and drop is not really possible?

Tks

Roberto

Tks BlowFish ,

But if I wanted to move the point Z? I try to explain better: Y is the beginning, X is the end: Z in the middle there. That 's what I want to move, leaving intact the Y and Z points. Something like that, it can be done? Is there a way to codify?

In addition, the drag and drop is not really possible?

Tks

Roberto

why don't you post a diagram?

Hi Tams ' date='

in graph attached . This is an example , with polynomial predict . But it could be any other indicator .

Tks

Roberto[/quote']

if you want to do a grab and drag,

no, it cannot be done because EasyLanguage/TS/MultiCharts is not designed for such an operation.

You might want to check out Amibroker. It has a slider where you can change a moving average period on the fly.

It could change the slope of the curve, but it still would not hold X and Y in place. To do that, you will need to re-evaluate the formula and its variables.

Edited by Tams

if you want to do a grab and drag,

no, it cannot be done because EasyLanguage/TS/MultiCharts is not designed for such an operation.

You might want to check out Amibroker. It has a slider where you can change a moving average period on the fly.

It could change the slope of the curve, but it still would not hold X and Y in place. To do that, you will need to re-evaluate the formula and its variables.

Ok . Tks .:-(

i'll try to modified formula and variables. ;-)

Roberto

Edited by AntaniTheBest™
//

Tams has pretty much said this but what you require is not 'repositioning'. You need to completely recalculate the curve to fit the points.....it will be unlikely to be a moving average after this.

I am not sure what curve fitting algorithm will suit your purpose, I seem to recall NURBS (Non-uniform rational basis spline) being popular. (This does surface too). Non-Linear regression or least squares would be good search terms too.