Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cuttshot

Weeklys

Weekly options have been around for some time now but I haven't really looked into them until just recently. From the looks of it volumes seem to be growing which has been the reason why I haven't done much with them to this point.

My positions have been in the 2-5 day range for most of this year so the weeklys seem like a great idea to consider. I'm looking into the best strategies to use with these. Has anyone been trading these? I'm more interested in single stocks but I'm open to the index and etf products as well. Any input on what strategies work best with these products would be great.

I have been trading weekly's on a trial bases using an option search engine at MTR Investors Group.

What I have been doing is selling naked puts on weeklys where the strike price is below a support level. I have been doing this on a Monday to give myself 5 days until expiration for the put to expire worthless.