Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

lbj

Top 10 Trading Blogs

Top Investing Blogs ranked by Alexa Ranks.

newsflashr - latest business_blogs news headlines sorted by feeds

Regards,

Suri

Yes, a nice one, Suri. Btw, I also came across this nice page, which was one of the places I began my research.

Another 3 popular trading blogs I found (judging by loads of comments) are:

Hot Option Babe

the evil speculator - one nefarious trade at a time

blue chip bull dog

Anyone remember that blog of the guy who built his account up to about $50k in around 2008, thought of himself as an expert then lost it all on one trade as the market tanked - It was a video... prime time comedy and a great example of what not to do.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Anyone remember that blog of the guy who built his account up to about $50k in around 2008, thought of himself as an expert then lost it all on one trade as the market tanked - It was a video... prime time comedy and a great example of what not to do.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMwMsY0ndo]YouTube - Stock Futures Trader losses it all and flips out[/ame]

Warning - adult language present. I laughed once again when I watched this...

Without getting too heavy into shameless promotion, and having read many, many of the trading books/blogs out there over the years (the good and the bad), I will simply say I have outlined the way I actually trade the ES market in a new book called "Professional Day Trading and How to win.." (listed on Amazon) which among other things includes real trading examples/account statement verification, etc in an effort to show how "theory translates to actual trading results," so to speak, within realistic trading goals and expectations.

My goal was to write a book about trading from a "real traders point of view" that I have simply never seen presented in other books/blogs before, and so far I have received some very satisfying positive feedback to know that the material has been of use to others as well.

I would say if anyone is looking for a unique look into "one persons view of real trading," this is the type of book I have put together, and of course feel can be of use to traders...

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Day-Trading-How--Mini/dp/0945272502/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289495109&sr=1-1

Edited by EMC2Trader
bad link

I write a blog about building and programming Expert Advisors for MetaTrader. The blog jumps back and forth between the technical aspects like the pros and cons of the platform. I also try to cover the dos and don'ts of building an automated trading system. I've only been writing it for about two months, but I'd love to hear your feedback either here or on the blog comments.

Thanks,

Shaun

Can the first Poster Post a "Poll"

showing all the mentioned trading blogs

On the FIRST POST

and links if possible

SIMILAR to MBAGearHeads Post 10-06-2010, 09:15 AM

MBAGearhead Trading Journey

coiledmarkets.com

Don Miller's S&P Trading Tank

Forex Intraday Trading

Trading The Mini's

Scalp And Swing

Jules

The Deucalion Viewpoint

at http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/30/top-10-trading-blogs-8604-2.html

or Similar to the Poll at http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f34/trend-momentum-indicators-choice-9893.html?utm_content=jmesarch%40dc.rr.com&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Trend%20%26%20Momentum%20-%20Indicators%20of%20Choice&utm_campaign=Trading%20Without%20a%20Chart%3A%20Is%20This%20Even%20Possible%3Fcontent

Mentioned TradeBlogs to Date

list of top trading blogs like this one in Google

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-D...9495109&sr=1-1

Automated trading System

BeTrade blog about a new trading community (which is inside the

coiledmarkets.com

Don Miller's S&P Trading Tank

Deciding on a Backtesting and Trading Platform | Au.Tra.Sy blog -

Daneric's Elliott Waves

The Deucalion Viewpoint

Electronic Local

the evil speculator - one nefarious trade at a time

Forex Intraday Trading

The Home Trading Blog is OK

Hot Option Babe

Investor Trader | From mangy stray to financial fat cat

Jules

Market-Ticker - MarketTicker Forums

MBAGearhead Trading Journey

My Big Trading Log

PT multistation trading platform)...

Simplicity in Trading

Scalp And Swing

Traders Laboratory - Professional Traders Community - JEHs

Trading The Mini's

Quantifiable Edges

zero hedge | on a long enough timeline, the survival rate for

Mentioned TradeBlogs to Date

list of top trading blogs like this one in Google

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-D...9495109&sr=1-1

Simplicity in Trading

Scalp And Swing

Here's a quote from "Scalp And Swing":

My Last Post For A While : Disconnected

Another max+slippage daily loser (smaller than yesterday). Feel disconnected with the crude oil. I have headache, confused, dozens stopped out,

Another one:

Farewell to all my friends

I never good on trading, never will.

@JimMM

It's really not helpful to post references to such junk blogs.

Please post only information that can be of help.

Everyone knows how to google for a blog.

If you send people off to visit such blogs you are stealing their time

and they will probably ignore your postings in the future.

The video is PAINFUL to watch! Does anyone know how he lost the cash? Was he averaging down or something?

He's trading the Russell 2000 futures (a favourite of day traders for its high volatility and low margin requirements) and I think its Jan 2008.

He's gone long on Friday, probably averaging down a losing position and decides to carry it over the weekend. Monday is a US holiday but Europe is trading and Europe tanks. Its one of those days when the Dow was down something like -500 intraday. After the event it becomes clear that SocGen triggered the collapse by unwinding the positions put on by its rouge trader into an already weak market.

Anyway - my votes go for Don Miller and MBAGearHead. Most of the others are good for comedy value if you want to know why 95% of traders lose.

Anyone know the best blogs that we traders should be reading?

Would be great if we can get people to recommend their favorites her (but pls don't forget to say WHY they are the best in your opinion)...

perhaps you can watch this video on YouTube:

or this one:

it provides strategies and techniques for beginners. I'm certain that you guys can get brilliant ideas out of those videos. I actually earned a lot of information from those articles. Hope you'll enjoy examining it guys. :)

Here are my top 5...

Shadow Trader - Not necessarily a blog, but Peter Reznicek puts out a great weekly forecast video and has great market commentary.

Option Addict - A great blog for options traders

EminiMind - Step by step information on how to trade the futures markets.

Trader Interviews - Interviews with Top Traders, a great way to pickup ideas from some of the industries best traders.

Econ Talk - Conversations on the Economy, a fantastic weekly podcast.