Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

lbj

Top 10 Trading Blogs

Anyone know the best blogs that we traders should be reading?

Would be great if we can get people to recommend their favorites her (but pls don't forget to say WHY they are the best in your opinion)...

Edited by lbj

Without Question, the best is: electroniclocal.com

Thanks for all bakrob99. Could you just clarify this one? - as it looks like you made a typo in the link name: electroniclocal.com

Obviously I have to say my blog lol :)

I don't see anyone commenting on your posts, but looks like you've got a nice blog in the making there. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and thx for info...

Take a look at tradermike.net. It is an interesting site in itself but the blogroll on the right hand side has a number of good sites. The kirk report and slope of hope are two that I go to quite often.

Cuttshot

Thanks a lot, cuttshot.

Tim Knight's Slope of Hope is a real quality one - and I've never seen so many comments on posts on a trading blog!

Edited by lbj
typo

Trader Mike seems to be popular too - I've now seen this blog mentioned in different places actually...

Looks like need to pay for the Kirk Report.

Here's my blog about my practice, scalping and algorithmic trading. It's in french language but since some weeks, I use the google widget and I think my work is accessible to international languages.

It's very difficult to maintain a blog every day or every week in my own language and impossible to translate by myself in other language but now with technology, it's possible.

I would like to know if you understand the blog's content. My english language isn't very good but with the google widget the translation seems better.

Have a good day!

Oops! I forgot to give you the blog's adress: www.ykarius.fr

Big Mike as in big mikes forum? The only thing I would say about that one is that, when I was looking at it, there was a big thing about 'the hurrley trading method'.... After that i've never been able to take that site seriously

I am only reading one blog and it is from a gentleman who I found in Sierra Charts forum. He trades NQ and posts his idea on what he thinks will happen during the day as well as the areas where he will look to trade. Then he actually posts many of his trades (you can see them in the DOM portion of Bracket Trader that he shows). He uses a lot of different charts but is uncanny in nailing the turning points. Usually hits at least one or two 8 point or more trades a day.

Futures Journal

Hi guys,

I'm Nick - a newb. What are people looking for from Blogs when you start trading? I've been doing some homework and I'm struggling to know who to trust!? There's loads of opinions out there but how do other people choose who to listen to? The cynic in me thinks...If someone had a winning strategy - why would they share it??

Nick,

First welcome to traderslab. You are very right that there is an endless number of blogs available for one to look at. For me personally, I look for a few things. I like to see what people are trading. I can only look at so many markets myself so if I can pick up a new idea here or there then that's great. However, I would never let a blog influence my own trade plan or system. I have a system that I feel very confident in at the moment and I'm not going to let a blog influence how I trade that system.

I will also read blogs that post opinions on topics in the news. Anything related to finance interests me so I like to read about whats going on. This is just more for enjoyment than doing it to help my daily trading.

Finally, if I'm interested in a new market or new product then I will look to people that have experience in those areas. For example, I'm very interested in weekly options right now so I'm looking for people that have experience trading them.