Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

binthere

Tradestation Clearing Bd

hi guys

does anyone know if there is a whay to use tradestation and the platform clear thru infinity futures or other broker?

i'm getting excellent pricing for emini's with infinity but want to keep my tradestation platform and strategies

any ideas?

thank you, binthere

I do something similar as long as you are ok with paying for the monthly subscription. It's fairly well hidden in Tradestation but as mentioned above you can pay monthly subscription fee (plus data) and then use all the great features of TS, but trade wherever you want.

For example, I run Tradestation, I then have Ninja Trader hooked up to it to read my strategies I'm running in Tradestation, and then have Ninja Trader connected to Interactive Brokers to auto-execute my trades. Now, I don't do that for all my trading, most I am taking the trades myself but I have a couple that I run overnight that there's no way I want to be awake for (3am for example!) and I let the automation work.

Works well for me.

Another hint, if you can fund the minimum account at Tradestation and just make the arbitrary number of trades they require let's say in futures, you can get that platform charge waived -- or at least reduced if you just fund the account. You need to tie up a little capital but it can save you $2K+ a year so something to think about.

Hope that helps -great trading!

MMS

MMS

your set up sound good!!, i'll end up doing something similar mantaining TS and moving the bulk of volume elsewhere, thank you for sharing!

spoke today with the TS guys....

in short if we want to use the TS platform the only BD to which they route trades is to rjobrien

thanks, binthere

This is coming a long way after the last post, but I just found I may have a use for this.

MadmarketScientist - is this procedure effectively using Ninjatrader as an API? If I connect TS to IB through NinjaTrader, I assume I'm looking at TS data on TS charts. Can I use the TS order entry platform, and/or the Ninja Trader order entry facilities?

Likewise, I have an account with a UK spread betting company who can accept orders via NinjaTrader. Does that mean I could trade their account using TS via NinjaTrader?

Does hooking up in these ways increase latency from firing an order on the remote dealing platform (e.g. TS) to it being received on the end trade server? And, err , how confused am I likely to get as to which account I'm trading :-)

Thanks, Max

The way it basically works is this....You connect Tradestation to Ninja Trader. With the new version 7 it's easier than before. However, the data doesn't flow through - so this connection isn't so you can chart in Ninja with TS data. It's simply a connection that if you're running an Easy Language strategy in Tradestation that fires a trade - you can send that trade to Ninja Trader.

Ninja Trader can then be connected to any broker it's compatible with and fire off the trade in that broker. Such as IB.

So this is a solution for when you wanted to use a strategy inside Tradestation, but want to have your trades executed somewhere else besides Tradestation brokerage.

Thanks.

MMS