Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AlanP

SST General Issues

Hi All

Thank you Netpicks and SST I think this is a great idea to give us a Forum.

Just wanted to say thanks and I hope that I can help and be helped here.

In some ways SST is very simple in others it can feel very daunting and its not always easy/appropriate to ask a question in the OC as some queries can be a little too complex to key in and ask TJ to respond immediately.

I am looking forward to the re-arranged new Calc settings and just to make this post actually ask something, I would like to request that TradePlans are issued in a uniform way and also to make it clear where an extra Decimal place is appropriate or not.

Many thanks guys and here's to the success of SST and this forum

Cheers.

Alan P

Good first post, Alan, and I agree.

Also, if there is any way, for TradePlans to be like

presets in MT4, where they can just be installed

all in one piece. Wow....that would be something.

Thanks SST home team.

Ron

Thanks for starting us out guys. One of the reasons for the reordering of the input names for the Tradestation calc is so that the MT4 and Ninja Trader calcs will also be in the same order. So it should be very easy to set the calcs to the settings shown in the screen shots.

As far as the extra decimal, if the stop is supposed to be entered at 4 pips below the channel for a long example, then for Tradestation we would need to enter that input as 40, to make up for the 5th digit. I'm not sure where the confusion is. Everyone should know how their broker is quoting their forex markets. I guess I'm not sure how to present the tradeplans in a more uniform way either. I think the new calc will help with that, but each tradeplan might require its own approach. For example a TF 377 tick is going to be different from a EURJPY 5 minute chart. Perhaps if you can be more specific I can try to accommodate your ideas.

Edited by tjnoon

Hey TJ.

Yes now this is GREAT STUFF!

Thanks for inisiate the SST here in the UTA forum.

Like Alan said , the SST can be easy(for some) , but what's making it hard for me is all that V12 H/P in it's enjin. Man , this is one h..ll of a powerfull system. Awesome TJ.

I'm just taking this system from page 1 onwards.

TJ I missed some OC and VIP traderooms. I see you mentioned a new/updated calc.

Will it also be for Metatrader and when will it be available.

Thanks

Hein

Hein,

I'm not sure I understand your V12 H/P comment. As far as the new calc, it is ready and should be up on the backoffice site now for download. Make sure you install the subscription update first. If you have any questions or need help, send in a support ticket to support@sevensummitstrader.com.

I'm happy to hear that everyone is getting the feel and really liking the SST. It has been amazing since its release and those that really apply themselves to learn it will be richly rewarded. I think everyone is going to find that it really isn't so hard to learn either. It's all about the tradeplan and how one manages their trading. The SST is so powerful but without harnessing that power with control and precision, a trader still will find himself or herself faced with the same issues that haunt most traders. Remember why the SST is called the Seven Summits Trader in the first place and make sure you pay attention to ALL seven summits.

..As far as the new calc, it is ready and should be up on the backoffice site now for download. Make sure you install the subscription update first. If you have any questions or need help, send in a support ticket to support@sevensummitstrader.com.

TJ, what do you mean back office site? Do you mean the /setup?

It just shows a video when I go there. Would it be possible that there could be an official way of advising us of significant topics?

Thanks, Alan

Hein,

I'm not sure I understand your V12 H/P comment. As far as the new calc, it is ready and should be up on the backoffice site now for download. Make sure you install the subscription update first. If you have any questions or need help, send in a support ticket to support@sevensummitstrader.com.

I'm happy to hear that everyone is getting the feel and really liking the SST. It has been amazing since its release and those that really apply themselves to learn it will be richly rewarded. I think everyone is going to find that it really isn't so hard to learn either. It's all about the tradeplan and how one manages their trading. The SST is so powerful but without harnessing that power with control and precision, a trader still will find himself or herself faced with the same issues that haunt most traders. Remember why the SST is called the Seven Summits Trader in the first place and make sure you pay attention to ALL seven summits.

Hi TJ

My comment is ment to be a BIG Compliment. You get a V6 enjin , V8 enjin and then you get the SST V12 horsepower(h/p) enjin. Fantastic system. :cool:

TJ, what do you mean back office site? Do you mean the /setup?

It just shows a video when I go there. Would it be possible that there could be an official way of advising us of significant topics?

Thanks, Alan

Alan,

The back office is just NetPicks lingo for the download site where you originally downloaded

your indicators. You should periodically check back there because that's where you will get the latest set of indicators for the charting platform you are using.