Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

OEC Giving Free Demo Accounts to Live Account Holders (as Requested Previously)

From here:

Starting on September 1, 2010 OEC will be offering all Direct Live Accounts free access to our Simulation Environment. Details on how to access will follow.

I know that is something many on here and other boards have asked for, so good to see that OEC has listened!

Took them long enough to get with the program. Like 4 years or so?

Infinity/Transact users have had this for quite awhile now.

Just another OEC Marketing #FAIL. Guess their new owner figured it out for them.

Once again... always someone ready to chime in and bitch about something w/ OEC, even when it's something good like this. Many have requested free demo accounts and here they are.

:doh:

Cue someone to complain that you must have a live account to get this for free now.

BTW, where are all the complainers about the 'unstable' platform in the other thread? Where did they go? It was happening 'weekly'. As a matter of fact, MACD you were one to say 'thanks' to that person for posting that very complete analysis.

And here you are ready to bash OEC once again.

Yep. I'm not a shill for them either.

Seems you like them a lot and post "updates" on a regular basis.

OEC should be paying you or TL for your persistent goodwill on their behalf.

Are you the same Chris M who works for them or something?

Yep. I'm not a shill for them either.

Seems you like them a lot and post "updates" on a regular basis.

OEC should be paying you or TL for your persistent goodwill on their behalf.

Are you the same Chris M who works for them or something?

I work a lot w/ OEC and post the updates here. Most appreciate it but there's always someone that loves to give their opinion where it's not needed. Do you even trade at OEC?

And I am not the same Chris Micciche @ OEC. You are more than welcome to contact OEC and confirm this for yourself. Their 800# is 800.920.5808. If you want names, PM me and I will tell you who you should ask for.

It's kind of flattering just how much you and Tams stalk me around this site though. I'm not sure why you two seem to have this man crush on me, but you do. Maybe it's time to find something better to do with your time? ;)

I work a lot w/ OEC and post the updates here. Most appreciate it but there's always someone that loves to give their opinion where it's not needed. Do you even trade at OEC?

And I am not the same Chris Micciche @ OEC. You are more than welcome to contact OEC and confirm this for yourself. Their 800# is 800.920.5808. If you want names, PM me and I will tell you who you should ask for.

It's kind of flattering just how much you and Tams stalk me around this site though. I'm not sure why you two seem to have this man crush on me, but you do. Maybe it's time to find something better to do with your time? ;)

I wouldn't bother too much with him. This is just "forsearch" who was banned twice before and saw his chance to come back again with a new id when new management took over. He clearly has nothing better to do. Pretty sad really.

Yeah, most shills are pretty pathetic, I agree. Shameful, truly shameful indeed, Fanus.

macdfx,

With all due respect, why do you feel a responsibility to "police" TL? Did MadMarketScientist request that you do?

I can only speak for myself, but I have a feeling that most here would agree with me...I think TL would be a better place if we simply ignored the "shills" and let MMS quietly remove promotional posts, etc. IMHO, your posts that attempt to police TL do not add anything...if anything they bring down the community with name calling, etc. (I had to look up "fanus").

And for the record, I don't think BF is a shill...but that's just my 2cents and I know some here would disagree...but regardless...if you don't like his posts, simply ignore him.

:2c:

Cory

Edited by Cory2679
typo

From here:

Starting on September 1, 2010 OEC will be offering all Direct Live Accounts free access to our Simulation Environment. Details on how to access will follow.

I know that is something many on here and other boards have asked for, so good to see that OEC has listened!

My understanding is: if you are an old customer using a live account you’ll have to pay $50/month instead of $25 to use the demo, starting on the first September.

Not really fair, is it? And what is the catch?

Do you have different info?

Cheers

Yeah, most shills are pretty pathetic, I agree. Shameful, truly shameful indeed, Fanus.

You realize that your response makes no sense, right? I realize you are just here because this is the only place where you can even remotely attempt to pretend to actually be someone (even though you just embarrass yourself), but this wouldn't hurt your cause by taking a minute to think first before you post.

My understanding is: if you are an old customer using a live account you’ll have to pay $50/month instead of $25 to use the demo, starting on the first September.

Not really fair, is it? And what is the catch?

Do you have different info?

Cheers

Clarification:

All direct OEC customers with at least $5000 in the live account will be offered a free demo account. If you do not have a current live account, the balance is less than $5000, or have an account with one of OEC's brokers, the demo is priced at $49.95 per month, starting September 1st.

Nice move, thanks to OEC. :-)