Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

winnie

Simple Trading System Signal

I believe TradeStation 8.5 onwards has improved Point and Figure charting which added the option to choose typical High/Low or Close and One-Step Back for 1 box plot. Since using both TS8.7 and Bull'sEye, I still believe BE is better for analysis since we can switch products and box size much more easily than TS.

As in bar chart choosing different bar period generates different signal, also in PnF charts setting box size & number box for reversal would generate different signals.

I am wondering if someone is able to identify the magic calculation between the asset and its box size and, box to revers

As in bar chart choosing different bar period generates different signal, also in PnF charts setting box size & number box for reversal would generate different signals.

I am wondering if someone is able to identify the magic calculation between the asset and its box size and, box to revers

You need to look at it from the other side imho. Ask yourself what sort of size moves do I want to identify and trade? This determines your box size. How much 'confirmation' do you require? That determines your reversal size. i.e. if you are trying to capture 100 point multi day moves a 1 point box 2 point reversal will not serve you well (an vice versa). There is no magic calculation just as there is not a magic bar size for time based charts. Its a data sampling issue. You need to sample the data in a suitable day to reveal what you want to see and filter what you do not.