Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

winnie

Simple Trading System Signal

Position Updated :

Opened Position : USD : CAD (Sell)

Move Stop from 1.05 to 1.043

thanks for sharing your trades.

can you also post the

entry price,

MAE,

MFE,

current paper profit, etc ?

many thanks.

Edited by Tams

winnie:

Thanks much for posting your trades this way. It is very valuable and anyone who posts ahead of time with their analysis is doing all of us a great service since much can be learned by others strategies, especially in real-time.

Thanks.

MMS

Position Updated :

US Stock Symbol : V

Sell at 66.75

Stop at 68.25

Profit Target at : 63.75

Hi Tams and everyone,

Thanks for all your response. Tams, what is MAE and MFE ? Please let me know.

Below is the summary of my current FX position :

Item Entry Price Signal Stop Target

US:CAD 1.036 Sell 1.043 1.022

US:JPY 84 Sell 85.4 82.6

Stock Position

Item Entry Price Signal Stop Target

V 66.75 Sell 66.75 63.75

FX Performance since May:

Item Total Net Profit Number of Trade Winning %

AUD:USD 700 pips 7 71%

EUR:USD 560 pips 8 63%

JPY:USD 280 pips 1

CAD:USD 700 pips 9 78%

Stock Performance Since May

Item Total Net Profit Number of Trade Winning %

V $15.75 29 51%

C $1.26 25 56%

GS $33 16 62.5%

USO $7.5 22 54%

In order to shows you , I am actually trade my set up, just shows my last trade summary from interactive brokers. There are too many guys who do not trade but just talking and point out the High and low and explain to you why it is a hight. It is just waste time to follow them. If it works why not trade by yourself ????

Real.thumb.png.1d5a8b7b9f0d6bb42b61df8040afa62f.png

Hi Winnie, a fe posts ago you mentioned with trend trades (breakouts). Do you trade both styles? It seems you prefer fading reversals at extremes?

I guess that a reversal is a reversal and that both styles can be considered as with the immediate trend.

I guess the issues are when price ranges, a few boxes up a few boxes down.

For the forex trading, I use both trend set up and (Support and Resistance Set up). For the stock and futures, I trade when X turns to O (For Sell Signal) and O turns to X for buy Signal.

I will shows you an example on both trade I made.

Thanks for your question

Attached is a chart shows all the trend trade in US:CAD. Hope this can make things clear. Tomorrow I will shows you how I trade support and resistance in forex market. US: CAD is now at 1.02560, which near our profit target 1.02200. Hope we can take profit tonight.

Any question and new idea is welcome !

5aa7102ee47e3_TrendTradeReal.png.64a25156badfc482629457011f2fddea.png

Position Updated :

Forex

US:CAD Exit at 1.0220, Profit : 140 pips

US: JAPAN, Move stop to 84.7, profit target :82.6

Stock

V Exit at 66.75, Profit : 0

Reverse to Buy at 66.75 , Profit Target :68.25, stop loss : 66.00

Dear All,

Attached is a chart shows how I trade stock. Entry is simple, when X turns to O you short. When O turns to X, you long. It is a stop and reverse system.

For the profit target, it may bring some confusion. The Rule is :

1) If last trade is a losing trade, take profit at 2 Box from your entry.

2) If last trade 's profit is between 0 to 2 . Next trade, your profit target is 4 box from your entry. Provided that your equity is not in underwater condition, that means you are not in a drawdown period.

3) If you are in a drawdown period, your job is take profit quick. Your profit target is 2 box from your entry until you go back to your last equity high.

That means our profit target is either 2 box or 4 box from our entry.

Just take a look at the chart.

As some reader point out that when we are in choppy market, we will meet losing trade and a long period of drawdown. That's right and we could not avoid it as we do not know when the market will enter such choppy market. By taking profit quick , hope we can leave the drawdown as soon as possible.

5aa7102f720f8_StockTrade.png.a18f7fb66de39fb8114c8919267e8f56.png

For the forex trading, I use both trend set up and (Support and Resistance Set up). For the stock and futures, I trade when X turns to O (For Sell Signal) and O turns to X for buy Signal.

I will shows you an example on both trade I made.

Thanks for your question

Thanks. When you don't think too hard about what has happened further back than the last couple of 'O' & 'X' then you are always trading with the immediate trend I guess:)

I am not sure you mentioned this but I wonder what software you are using?

It occurs to me that the clarity and simply of P&F is well suitable to mobile devices, actually your approach looks well suited to automation too.

Edited by BlowFish

Thanks for your reply. Do you have interested to develop it into automation trading system ? Please help me to do so. For the software, I am using the Bull Eye's broker software which you can download from their web site. The software is not every expensive and I using Interactive broker to download the end of the day data.

I really want to find one who like to work together to develop this system into automatic trading.

Position Updated :

Forex :

US: JPY

Exit at 84.7, loss 70 pips

(No Opened Position in Forex now)

US Stock :

Symbol : V

Exit at : 68.25 , Profit : +1.5

Strategy Today:

US Stock

Symbol : V

Sell at 67, stop at 69, profit target 63

Winnie:

Good luck on the V trade. I looked at it on my charts and see on my Daily chart time interval the short just stopped at about break-even at $68.28 (was aiming for $62.70 to $64 but did at least go enough to lower stop), while on a faster 195 Minute chart, still very much a swing trade it is long from the break of $69 - target area $71 - $73.

Always interesting how different the outlook can be as you change time interval.

At any rate, best of success with it.

MMS

Dear MMS,

Thanks for your reply. I agree to you that V is in the up trend, as it is in X column in my point and figure chart, I would not short V until it hit back to 67, it a stop order. At this moment, I have no position in V.

Sometimes, I feel hard to use bar chart as you change the bar interval , you will have different picture and different view and make me hard to make a decision. This is why I use point and figure chart. II is more clear and more easy to make a decision.

5aa7102fbbb3d_Vupdated.thumb.png.b1d2c6b5ac5608502a0480a5f558c1f7.png

Yes, it is so clear to see the trend, support and resistance. Just the classic buy and sell signal does not work in the modern market. The 2 box reversal seems to better than the classic signal.

Hope I could help you to re-think about point and figure chart. Any new idea is welcome as I am still learning about it. I really enjoy trading the point and figure and my equity become more stable.

Thanks for your chart !

Hi Winnie,

Yes I am using multicharts. First thing I have noticed is what I believe to be a small bug in how it plots, nothing too bad and I have let them know.

I am not too sure how easy language will work with P&F, I plan to see when I get some time (maybe not for a while). It would always be possible to write a strategy keeping track of reversal and pullbacks in your own code. It may even be possible to do something with range bars (which have similar characteristics to P&F).

What software are you currently using?

Thank for your reply. Now I am using Bull-Eye Broker software which is the best software to plot point and figure chart. It is a end of the day software which could not be used in real time. I am using interactive broker and writing an excel program to download end of the day data. The data is in ASCII format which could be feed to Bull-Eye Broker. For the real time, I use my excel to download 1 minutes data and feed to Bull-Eye Broker. The good thing in point and figure chart is that you do need to get very close to the market even day trading as the box will not move very fast. Point and figure chart is better than the range bar as it use a box to plot rather than just the price. You could compare both of them and you will find point and figure is more stable.

Hope you have time to convert it into an automatic trading. Are you family with programming ?

Ta

I have been known to write the odd bit of code :) I might do something in EasyLanguage (Used by Multicharts & Tradestation) to construct and track virtual boxes internally. The main reason would be from the point of view of a completely systematic strategy. I am not really a system sort of guy though have no aversion to moving in that direction.

I have been known to write the odd bit of code :) I might do something in EasyLanguage (Used by Multicharts & Tradestation) to construct and track virtual boxes internally. The main reason would be from the point of view of a completely systematic strategy. I am not really a system sort of guy though have no aversion to moving in that direction.

you can check out this

Point & Figure Simulator

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/point-figure-simulator-6281.html

11804d1246381348-point-figure-simulator-2009-06-30-01.gif

ps. MultiCharts now supports native PnF charting. But I have never tried EL on it.