Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

winnie

Simple Trading System Signal

This is my trading system signal and just want to share if anyone interested in it.

Forex :

Euro Dollar (Position still open)

Last Signal : Sell

Date: Aug 10,2010

Entry Price : 1.31000

Reversal Price : 1.30000 (Exit short and reverse to buy)

*************************************************************************************

AUD Dollar

Last Signal : Buy

Date : July 9,2010

Entry Price : 0.8600

Exit Price : 0.9000 (+0.0400)

Exit Date: Aug 16,2010

Next Signal

Buy at 0.9100 with stop at 0.8900

******************************************************************************************

US : CAD Dollar (Position still open)

Date : July 10,2010

Entry Price : 1.0400

Reversal Price : 1.0400 (Close Sell and reverse to Buy)

********************************************************************************************

US:JPY (Position Still open)

Date : July 17,2010

Entry Price : 87.00

Reversal Price : 87.00(Close Sell and Reverse to Buy)

********************************************************************************************

Index Futures

YM (Sept)

Date : Aug 11,2010

Entry Price : 10400

Exit Price : 10200 (+200 point)

Exit Date : Aug 16,2010

Next Signal:

Buy at 10400 with stop at 10200

*******************************************************************************************

Will Continue to post it if new position or new signal generated ? Hope this could help.I do not want to sell anything.

Thanks

Position Updated : Aug 18,2010

YM (Sept)

Long at 10400, stop loss 10200

Position Updated : Aug 24,2010

YM (Sept)

Long at 10400, Exit at 10200( P&L = -200) [Aug 19,2010]

Short at 10200, Profit Target 10000, Stop 10400 [Aug 19,2010]

USD : CAD

Exit Short at 1.0400 (P&L = 0) [Aug 20,2010]

Long at 1.0400 , Stop Loss 1.02

Updated :

Forex :

Euro Dollar (Position still open)

Date: Aug 10,2010

Entry Price : 1.31000

Reversal Price : 1.28000 (Exit short and reverse to buy)

**************************************************************************************

AUD Dollar

Next Signal:

Buy at 0.900 with stop at 0.8800

******************************************************************************************

US : CAD Dollar (Position still open)

Last Signal : Buy

Date : Aug 20,2010

Entry Price : 1.0400

Reversal Price : 1.0400 (Close Long and reverse to Short)

************************* ************************* ************************* *****************

US:JPY (Position Still open)

Date : July 17,2010

Entry Price : 87.00

Reversal Price : 86.00(Close Short and Reverse to Long)

************************* ************************* ************************* *****************

Index Futures

YM (Sept)

Next Signal:

Buy at 10200 with stop at 10000

**********************************************************************************************

Hi Sergio,

This is come from a simple breakout system. Instead of using bar chart or candlestick chart, I use point and figure chart as basic, however I do not use common point and figure chart pattern. Actually, I do not think there is any pattern in the market. No pattern does not mean we could not trade. What I am doing is just listen to the market and a "simple mind". If market go up, I buy. If market go down , I sell. I don't know where the market will stop. What I could see is the "NOW " moment , no thinking, no feeling and a simple "Zen Mind".

The next thing I need to do is what is mean by up and what is mean by down. If you are a day trader, you can use a very tight value to determine it but you will switch many times. For position trading, I use a wide box size in point and figure chart. If the point and figure chart is in "X", it means up. If the chart is "O", it means down.

Point and figure is nothing special, it only a tool to help you filter out the noise and shows a clear picture to you. You can change the box size to fit your need. There is no magic number in it. This is why I do not want to sell anything because it is too simple ! It is only your mind make it complex.

Hope this give you a new thinking or "no thinking" to the market.

Just a Zen mind

Winnie

Hi Winnie,

Well, I start saying that I trade using supply and demand zones, analyzing the market structure, the trend analysis and the price analysis, when the price is close to this zones. I follow the sentiment and the behavior in the zone and then seek the trigger, to go in.

I try to become a price action trader, it hasnt been easy to walk in this way. I learn each day some new idea and go small size lots in the market. I am focus mainly in forex. I dont know what more to say. Maybe, late I will post a chart let you know something about my trading.

I also am interested to know more about your work.

Cheers

Sergio

Thanks and I also use support and resistance zone to trade intraday swing. As I live in Hong Kong and could only trade the Hang Seng Index futures intraday. Attached is a chart show how I trade yesterday.

Example.png.170b5c16e88b8e68f143b66ef0a60cfd.png

Hi Winnie,

I like to share this kind of information. your chart look clean and the trade took was perfect. I havent never traded with PF charts but I like as you do it. I will go to check it because the main way is the same SR zones. Great to meet a woman trading in this particular way. I hope to share a graphic today to look at how I make it. Also, Im going to read more about PF charts. I trade forex and it is not common to find this kind of charts, but I like.

Thanks and Have a nice day,

Sergio

A Simple day trading system, an example show how it works in US stock : Symbol: V

This system trade when market make new intraday high and wait for confirmation signal to sell it. On the other hand , when market make new intraday low, wait for confirmation signal and then buy it.

Use 1 min data and box size :0.15, 2 box reversal

Risk : Reward Ratio : 1:2 Risk : 0.3 Proft Trarget : 0.6

Anyone interested in it ?

V.png.829e7846cbf8f84fdd88c4a0acf6f51d.png

Hi,

I am reading some books about PF and really I am anxious to plot my charts like you. How do you determine tgts and the stops. many people put the stop two boxes down from the low of the last row of x if you go long and vis if you short. In high TF the sloss is high like 150 o 200 pips in forex.

take care

There is no fix rule to determine the box size. It depends on you how close you want to follow the market. If you are a day trader and like to catch small swing, you would need a small box size like : 0.003. However you are a position trader and only use daily data, you need a bigger box size. I could not watch the forex market 24 hour, so I use a box size of 0.007 in most market. You can change the box size and adjust it according to your need. The smaller the box size , the more swing you can trade and more noise and false signal. This is always a trade off, just find a comfortable level. No magic number as everything work sometime and don't work sometimes.

For classic point and figure chart trading method, buy signal occurs when last X is higher than previous column X's high. On the other hand, sell signal occurs when last O is lower than previous colomn O's low. It is a stop and reversal breakout system. Attached is a chart shows how this signal occur in US : CAD . You can see it only works in trending market and could not work in sideway.

This is why people give up the point and figure chart as market move sideway most of the time. The point is not on the point and figure chart but on its buy/sell setup. Point and figure chart just show how the market doing !

5aa7102d18e77_PFExample.png.c8452ad50224357f50f555d5d60dec52.png

Edited by winnie

In calculate the profit target, I use risk : reward ratio to determine. If I risk 2 box, my profit target will be 2 X 2 = 4 box from my entry. In 1:2 risk:reward ratio, you need only 40% winning % to win.

Just read some book on point and figure but just get a basic understanding is OK. Do not put too much focus on the buy /sell setup. Just get a feel and feel free to form your own strategy.

I have modified my system. This is my new approach on point and figure chart.

Performance Since May,2010

Forex :

USD : CAD Dollar Net Profit: 560 pip

USD : JPY Dollar Net Profit: 280 pip

AUD : USD Dollar Net Profit : 700 pip

EUR : USD Dollar Net Profit : 700 pip

Futures :

YM Net Profit : -100 point

Current Position :

Sell US: JPY at 84.00, stop :85.4, Profit Target : 81.20

Hi Winnie,

Amazing results. You rule this PF system and I am happy for you. Maintain it in this way. I follow learning a little more about it but it is not so easy to get in.

Take care

Sergio

Last time, I have posted a chart showing how hard to make money using the classic point and figure chart setup. This time I have a attached a chart shows my definition of trend and how to trade with the trend.

Hope this can generate more new idea in point and figure chart.

Thanks for all

5aa7102e19890_TFExample.png.dc13eba108a954ab6d705d48108c5ccc.png

Just read some book on point and figure but just get a basic understanding is OK. Do not put too much focus on the buy /sell setup. Just get a feel and feel free to form your own strategy.

Really like the simplicity of your approach.

Du Plessis book on P&F is not bad at all and also deals with intraday which many don't.

Just shows a very very simple system which could make money in trading the Citigroup. It is so simple and make it very hard to believe. There is no support and resistance, no trendline, no indicators, no Gann, no VSA. The rule is just buy when demand greater than supply and sell when supply greater than demand, no price objective and let the market tell us. No thinking and no prediction, just listen and follow.

Demand is greater than supply , when point and figure chart shows it turns from O to X. Demand must greater than supply when O turns to X otherwise it would not turn. We don't why demand greater than supply and we don't know how long demand will greater than supply. We just trade what we see "Now", No past and no future forecast is made.

Just take a look at the chart and think about it. You could modify it according to your need but don't make it too complex and too many rules.

Simple.thumb.png.e17c8fb4b7aec4b34bc9ba7977f7b2e6.png