Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Szymon

Help: Cheap Live DATA Feed with a .NET API Component?

Hi All,

Can someone suggest a realtime data feed provider from a broker that also has a Microsoft .NET technology API component, at the moment I am using an OpenEcry but having difficulties with their API and current documentation?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon

If you use IB, this one is great. But it is not the only option, of course there are a multitude of brokers and third party feeds out there. Not all free though.

Best wishes,

TB

Hi All,

Can someone suggest a realtime data feed provider from a broker that also has a Microsoft .NET technology API component, at the moment I am using an OpenEcry but having difficulties with their API and current documentation?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon

If you use IB, this one is great. But it is not the only option, of course there are a multitude of brokers and third party feeds out there. Not all free though.

Best wishes,

TB

Hi TB,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will have a look at this.

Regards

Simon

Is there a time limit on the Zen-Fire free demo account? I see that NinjaTrader is available with it. Is that free also with no expiration? This information on their website is not clear. It appears that Zen-Fire is the data provider and NinjaTrader is the demo platform.

Has anyone tried these demo accounts?

Your posting of 04-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Trade real money, and trade small until you get the feel of it.

Scaling up requires emotional capital as well, so you'd better know what you're doing before you even go there.

How about starting with free demo accounts until you get the feel of it?

Is there a time limit on the Zen-Fire free demo account? I see that NinjaTrader is available with it. Is that free also with no expiration? This information on their website is not clear. It appears that Zen-Fire is the data provider and NinjaTrader is the demo platform.

Has anyone tried these demo accounts?

I'm a certified NinjaScript developer, and been using the NT platform for many years. The platform itself is completely free, no limitation (except that you can't submit live trades to a broker on the free platform). There is a free spot currency feed from Gain Capital...been using it for years. The Zen-Fire datafeed is free for the first 30 days, they're becoming more restrictive on that...30-days and you're out, no exceptions. There is a new data provider named Kinetick and they're relatively inexpensive, but you do need to pay exchange fees in addition to the Kinetick charge. But, Kinetick is supplying intraday stock data, which is a first for NinjaTrader.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Ben L.

affordableindicators.com

Back to the Future Trading

Thanks for your reply. I registered and tried to login; however, I can't seem to get connected. If the free demo is only 30 days, I'm not interested. I'm looking to test it like a paperMoney account. It seems that ThinkOrSwim is the only platform that offers the unlimited demo for learning how to trade with paperMoney.

Thanks for your reply. I registered and tried to login; however, I can't seem to get connected. If the free demo is only 30 days, I'm not interested. I'm looking to test it like a paperMoney account. It seems that ThinkOrSwim is the only platform that offers the unlimited demo for learning how to trade with paperMoney.

If you need help connecting to the lifetime free Gain spot FX feed in NinjaTrader, here's a short video that explains the process: TechSmith | Screencast.com, online video sharing, K_SettingUpGainDatafeed

Also, I failed to mention that you can send TradeStation live data directly to your NT platform. So if you have TradeStation, this is a good option for papertrading.

One other excellent option for papertrading is NinjaTrader does have a Market Replay datafeed...this is live data that has been recorded and can be played-back at your convenience. In NT7, we'll soon be able to download these historical replay files on-demand. Right now, you have to personally record the files during live market action in order to have them for historical replay.

Finally, NT does have a Simulated datafeed...very handy for papertrading and/or testing your indicators or strategies (since you can control the direction and strength of the simulated trend to vet out your code).

Thanks for your instructional video. I got connected to Gains and was able to display a forex chart; however, I can't get it to display a stock chart. As a beginner trader, I would like to start trade simulations with stock. Later when I get used to trading concepts, I may move to forex. Do you have any other instructional videos for NinjaTrader? Even though I can see a list of stocks in the platform, I don't know how to get the platform to work with stock data. I don't have TradeStation, but I do have ThinkOrSwim.

Thanks for your instructional video. I got connected to Gains and was able to display a forex chart; however, I can't get it to display a stock chart. As a beginner trader, I would like to start trade simulations with stock. Later when I get used to trading concepts, I may move to forex. Do you have any other instructional videos for NinjaTrader? Even though I can see a list of stocks in the platform, I don't know how to get the platform to work with stock data. I don't have TradeStation, but I do have ThinkOrSwim.

Right now, the stocks are listed in the platform, but to get data for them, you need to connect to Yahoo (daily data only) or eSignal (intraday data), or TradeStation (intraday data). Kinetick also supports intraday stock data, but it is similar to eSignal in price.

I have one or two other videos on NinjaTrader...but not terribly interesting...one just shows how to import an indicator into the platform...let me know if you need that one. NinjaTrader itself has a good number of videos in their help docs. They also run a large number of training webinars every day of the week.

Right now, the stocks are listed in the platform, but to get data for them, you need to connect to Yahoo (daily data only) or eSignal (intraday data), or TradeStation (intraday data). Kinetick also supports intraday stock data, but it is similar to eSignal in price.

I have an account with TD Ameritrade. Is there a way to configure NinjaTrader for me to link to its streaming data? Otherwise, how do I link to Yahoo or another free data source? I think Yahoo's data has a 20 minute delay; at least with some trader MS Excel spreadsheets it is.