Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

UrmaBlume

What's Happened to Our Site?

MadMarket;

The substance of what your have purchased is based on the quality and the continuation of the posts of your members.

Ads on every intital posts/threads, diminishing infrastructure and poorly advised moderation does not foster further sponsorship from the posters that attract the ads that pay you.

I dare you to run a poll that asks whether members are more or less satisfied since you have taken over the site.

UrmaBlume

With the exception that you haven't banned UrmaBlume for his pretentiousness, egotism and general lack of any redeeming qualities I find that the site has picked up again in recent weeks.

Well done (except for that) MM :)

With the exception that you haven't banned UrmaBlume for his pretentiousness, egotism and general lack of any redeeming qualities I find that the site has picked up again in recent weeks. Well done (except for that) MM :)

Oh, I see the pretender without portfolio who has never posted any material or technocology that she, herself, authored continues stalking like a vindictive bitch that has been scorned is on again after so many changes of heart and position.

And I thought it was the part of the mission to ban off-topic, content free, personal attacks as part of the measure of quality of the site and yet so many of your posts fall into that category.

Someone hit a raw nerve Urma? (isn't that a girls name?)

:angry::crap::doh::helloooo::rofl::rofl:

You know how it is with those foreign names, it often depends on how you pronounce it and how many syllables it has. Tha'ts how come I sign some UB and others UrmaBlume.

cheers

UrmaBlume

Urma

Tell you what. As much as I welcome feedback and good suggestions you just gripe. So if you'd like to buy the site take out your checkbook and make an offer. Since you know it all I'm sure it will be great. Or just find another forum to complain about.

We will be just fine.

MMS

Urma

Tell you what. As much as I welcome feedback and good suggestions you just gripe. So if you'd like to buy the site take out your checkbook and make an offer. Since you know it all I'm sure it will be great. Or just find another forum to complain about.

We will be just fine.

MMS

:rofl:

I took a little breather from TL and looks like Pat just can't stop w/ the complaining and name calling. It's too bad he's been allowed to operate here for so long; whereas the 'trash' at ET banned him fairly quickly.

Urma

Tell you what. As much as I welcome feedback and good suggestions you just gripe. So if you'd like to buy the site take out your checkbook and make an offer. Since you know it all I'm sure it will be great. Or just find another forum to complain about. We will be just fine. MMS

Sorry Mad, it is still the best of its kind but at the same time I am not the only one that thinks that while it is still #1 it is not as good or as well run as it once was.

I know that I am not the only one to complain about the sudden upsuge in intrusive ads and the different technical glitches.

I don't believe that I "just gripe," way less than 1% of my posts have anything to do with the site and of those not all are complaints.

I have both haters and followers, have made over 400 posts mostly about new trade decision support technologies and have been thanked 445 times so I have made at least some contribution here.

UrmaBlume

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Urma, you really do take the cake. You are such a great person. You are the most wonderful. We just bow to your superior ego. In your little trailer park of a mind.

Funny too when you get a little spiteful - but pathetic and inaccurate with it as one would expect of the congenitally insane. You hurt me like this :)

Urma is such a brute (in his own mind)

Edited by Kiwi

Or just find another forum to complain about

I think TL is doing fine except for the occasional crank who wanders in from the cold at ET. I know you may not be looking for suggestions, but I think a positive change could be that new TL members be restricted from rating threads until they hit a couple of hundred posts with at least 25 or 50 thanks from their TL peers. It is too easy for idiots who know so much more than we to come in and swing a "1" star rating on a previously 4.8-5.0 start thread and whack the thread down a few notches. Cranks should be ignored, but the present system allows them too much weight.

On a positive note, it often seems as though there are more cranks at ET and elsewhere per thread than are here at TL in total. I only hope that you commit to keeping TL that way.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Agreed Thales that would be worth adjusting.

MM, I think the site is essentially run well. There have always been the odd software glitches to be fixed. The number of adverts I see is just fine. And you remove the posts where I most egregiously poke sticks and the stupid. All good. What's more I enjoy your personal posts.

Keep up the good work.

Meh....this is the ebb and flow at the median of social networks...

At one time this place was "the shit"..no reason that would remain though..

I just threw gas and torched a thread of yours on 2+2 called "Phantom Orders, High Frequency Bots & Latency Arbitrage"..

"crickets" in your own words...:)

Maybe you really don't want response, and just want to wack off..I don't believe that but the idea of a retail message board is not rational...You already figured out though with multi table poker players from what I understand...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfuXKpMFUjc]YouTube - Warren Buffett MBA Talk - Part 1[/ame]

Urma

So what there are some ads. They all over the Internet, magazines, tv, newspapers. It isn't stopping you from complaining clearly. Nor do I recall an offer from you to pay to use tl. It isn't free to run and last I checked there isn't any government sponsored bailouts for forums.

Again if you don't like the ads or don't like an occasional tech issue then go elsewhere.

MMS

As a suggestion - while its good a thread can get rated 0-5, and people can post thanks.

And while there is a button to report posts......is there a way to possibly rank posters more with a "are they positive or negative" or "was this actually beneficial/funny/helpful or just a waste of time and space/ignore button"

That way you could possibly read a thread and drop out certain posters in the future?

Or is this just overkill?

Otherwise I like the site, ignore the ads, appreciate that glitches will occur and if anything find it funny that supposedly adults cant manage to discuss things without name calling - and we complain about the children of today. :)

I've been AWOL from TL for quite some time and impressed the the new look and feel of the site. Best wishes and good luck to the new management.

Unfortunately, I see little has changed with respect to UrmaBlume. He is still prancing around here like an entitled peacock while complaining ad museum. Do any of you believe that successful hedge fund managers with cutting edge trading technology (as he purports to be) spend their days and nights posting as fervently as he does on this and a handful of other forums in such a self-promotional fashion? Of course not.

He has now slithered his way to Big Mike's place, where his posts were filled with over-sized pics of the workstations he markets to real hedge funds and prop shops and one year old charts depicting those ever so accurate indicators. Claiming the atmosphere at TL was getting a bit "oppressive," he moved to new territory, not unlike a malignancy that spreads from one organ to another leaving destruction in its wake.

It didn't take long before he was exposed as a vendor and now has to wear that Scarlet Letter under his handle with the URL of his Internet storefront as required by BMT's rules.

I respectively suggest TL management to consider implementing the same procedure. I surmise if all the trading forums that he trolls did this, he be a bit more respectful and a whole lot less of a lightening rod

72sug1.jpg

So what there are some ads...

The problem is that there are few groups as preyed upon by the unscupulous snake oil salesmen as are those who want to be successful at this game. As a result, there is this widespread opinion that folks who, say run forums, ought to foot the bill for the technology, hosting, admin, etc. out the goodnes oftheir heart. It has gotten to the point that even someone who provides good content at a reasonable price is excoriated by the would-be trading masses. I remeber DbPhoenix getting ripped here by at least one poster for having the "gall" of charging the "princely" sum of $39 or something like that for his trading eBook. So there you have it, MMS, you and Db and anyone else who provides valuable material at a reasonable price are made to wear the same black eye as the true charlatans and opportunistic Gurus.

It is good to remind ourselves from time to time that TL doesn't cost us a thing as users other than out time.

And as far as those ads go, I ignore most of them, and occasionally one of them actually interests me enough to click on it. Why not? I was considering Lightspeed for the stock account I am trading for my blog. I clicked the link from here at TL so I could get the info I needd to make a decison and support TL at the same time. I have for now decided to just use an account at another broker that was already opened and simply needed to be funded, but that's not TL's fault. And of course, I may still open a Lightspeed acount in the future.

The irony in the case of the OP's complaint is that the complaint comes from someone who is, despite his protestations to the contrary, a bona fide vendor. The irony is compounded in that he also has a habit of belittling us little folks for our lack of "technological" acumen, and yet technology does exist that could help him minimize the impact of those ads if it really bothered him that much.

At any rate, I see no reason why a TL user who sees an ad they may be relevant or of interest to his or her trading to click the ad as a way to both get information and support TL in the process. After all, folks, if TL does not make its owner a profit, TL will be no more.

Best Wishes,

Thales

this site is chocked full of information many of us had to lose a lot of money before we learned, does anybody who wants to become a trader but does not have any idea where to start really care about ads?

I click on the ads.

I click on the "No Risk" ads.

I click on the "Get Rich" ads.

I click on the "Easy" ads.

I click on the penny stock ads.

I click on the course ads, especially the forex courses.

I click on the trading room ads.

I click on the Google ads.

This is my little contribution to the site.

You guys are all great. I appreciate the voices of reason and positivity and somehow feel we will survive the tragic loss of UB.

Tragic indeed.

How do you know he won't be back? Has he been banned?

Ziebarf,

Yes I did get it on Iron (open source google spy free version of chrome) and flagged it to MMS a couple of days back. I got it on the front page as well.

You can turn it off as per the unticked box in the diagram so it doesn't annoy for the next few days.

MM,

Once you're sure that there are no links there you need to get Google to retest the site. Apparently it takes about 8 hours for them to certify you ok. I found their discussion on this in the first page by Googling the error message I sent to you.

Kiwi

5aa710292e695_ironoptions.png.a50d2e89c99cf96cf71f603252c59825.png

Personally, I feel that the negative comments, name calling, condescension, and outright egomania are tasteless and poor form, and a definite indication of psychological instability.

Certainly we can all disagree with each other without the discoloration of the above. Much is learned through healthy debate. If nothing else, you obtain a clear understanding of the other's opinion.

If you need an ego boost, take your clothes off and look in the mirror.