Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GhostofLivermore

FX Training - Let's Share the Cost

Hello Everyone

I was recently referred to a man here in Toronto that has been a professional FX Trader for the last 3 years full time.

I actually went over to his home and met his family and saw his workstation and saw his monthly PnL Statements.

With a 20,000 FX account he has averaged $4000 per month for the last 3 years pretty consistently.

He was referred to me by a personal friend that took his training 3 months ago and was thrilled with the results.

I worked out a deal with him for training and I asked him if he would mind if I found a partner to share the cost with and he said he didn't mind at all, so long as I teach them separately from our time.

What I am looking for is for someone to share the cost $2000 of the $6000 Training fee and I will teach you everything that he teaches me.

His training is 2 nights a week for 2 hours for 4 weeks total.

So 16 hrs.

Once he teaches me I will get on the phone / computer and teach you everything that I learned during the session.

If anyone is interested please pm me and let me know.

Hello EveryoneI was recently referred to a man here in Toronto that has been a professional FX Trader for the last 3 years full time.I actually went over to his home and met his family and saw his workstation and saw his monthly PnL Statements.With a 20,000 FX account he has averaged $4000 per month for the last 3 years pretty consistently.He was referred to me by a personal friend that took his training 3 months ago and was thrilled with the results.I worked out a deal with him for training and I asked him if he would mind if I found a partner to share the cost with and he said he didn't mind at all, so long as I teach them separately from our time.What I am looking for is for someone to share the cost $2000 of the $6000 Training fee and I will teach you everything that he teaches me.His training is 2 nights a week for 2 hours for 4 weeks total.So 16 hrs.Once he teaches me I will get on the phone / computer and teach you everything that I learned during the session.If anyone is interested please pm me and let me know.

So he has made 250% per year for 3 years and hasn't figured out how to leverage that to more than $48k per year. Sure. And you are going to teach anybody anything in 16 hours? Sure.

ANYBODY with those kind of results could EASILY leverage that to 7 figures a year.

Here fishy, fishy. No wonder 95% go broke and go broke very fast.

Ghost of Livermore? LOL.

Edited by UrmaBlume

:confused:Not even sure where to begin with this... Good luck to you and anyone that learns from the guy that just got taught.

Those who can trade, those who can't create new magical indicators. LOL

Not to belabor punctuation but wouldn't that be better said:

"Those who can, trade and those who can't create new magical indicators. LOL." Plus in your case I might add "and those who can do neither, knock those who can do both."

Browns, you have made over four thousand posts, over eleven hundred per year and not once have you ever posted any original technical material - and yet, you knock those that do? LOL.

...not once have you ever posted any original technical material...

Who says one has to be an original trader to be a great trader? (I'm not saying brownsfan is original or great...I have no way of knowing...I'm just responding to the quote).

Who says one has to be an original trader to be a great trader? (I'm not saying brownsfan is original or great...I have no way of knowing...I'm just responding to the quote).

Or perhaps more importantly, who says that someone who creates new and effective indicators, "can't" trade? Study, preparation and originality are not a sign of weakness, that's what it takes to be out in front of the crowd.

Or perhaps more importantly, who says that someone who creates new and effective indicators, "can't" trade?

Your point is valid and I agree with you, although I would propose that your question is perhaps of equal importance.

Different strokes for different folks...there's no "truth" in the markets...the truth is what works. No one has THE way, etc...

However, I would only propose that creating "new and effective indicators" is generally unnecessary/often isn't really anything "new" at all. I want to refer to thalestrader's great post here (post #29) on the subject, as he has articulated the point better than I ever could.

Not to belabor punctuation but wouldn't that be better said:

"Those who can, trade and those who can't create new magical indicators. LOL." Plus in your case I might add "and those who can do neither, knock those who can do both."

Browns, you have made over four thousand posts, over eleven hundred per year and not once have you ever posted any original technical material - and yet, you knock those that do? LOL.

So we going to start this again Pat?

Maybe you and tresor should start a 'we love to hate on Browns thread' and you guys can just hang out there.

And I've posted plenty on this site for free with plenty of valuable information.

For example, you can check here and here to see what a blotter looks like. Something you've NEVER produced once. Funny how a guy that has all these tools and wonderful after-the-fact charts cannot produce a blotter or two to show that he actually does this in real-time.

And there's the Candlestick Corner, as well as chatting with some off site including doing a lot of work with a particular trader from this very forum.

All for free BTW.

For kicks, here is today's oil blotter for a 1 ct account. How have you done today? LOL. Let me guess, there's a million reasons why you can't produce that (again)...

attachment.php?attachmentid=21855&stc=1&d=1280412333

5aa710215f26c_ThisiswhatablotterlookslikePat.png.b82f9418b987258766583ae53bc1158d.png

...here is today's oil blotter...

While I don't doubt your success and have nothing against you, brownsfan, let's be honest...blotter snapshots like that are fairly easy to manipulate...

attachment.php?attachmentid=21856&d=1280413182

5aa71021622c1_This20is20what20a20blotter20looks20like20Pat.png.0c876cfe207861f165ff81ff01d782f1.png

Candle Stick corner - now that's a real contribution and some real state of the art stuff, LOL.

Like I said - not one piece of original work anywhere. Just a lot of noise about other peoples work.

Sure you have made a lot of posts, over 4,000 of them and you made them for free. How could you charge and who would pay you for other people's work?

I have hundreds of requests to buy my indicators and one of them is from you. You have none becasue you have nothing to show that is your own = pretender without portfolio.

The more you post the more you lower the intellectual common denominator on this board.

Candlestick corner, LOL, I am surprised Golldman is not all over you for your ground breaking work.

While I don't doubt your success and have nothing against you, brownsfan, let's be honest...blotter snapshots like that are fairly easy to manipulate...

attachment.php?attachmentid=21856&d=1280413182

Right on Wizard. Most everybody has excel and can create the same buschwa. You are kinder than me, I call his "blotter" BS.

I have talked to this guy on the phone and regardless of his many years and thousands of content free posts I found his market and technical understanding to be very dated, based on no original method, concept or technology and generally at or below novice level. Hence he brags about "CandleStick Corner."

Candlesticks - now that's some heavy stuff. And all of this in a thread on retail FX trading, LOL.

cheers

UB

GhostOfLivemore, why don't you just solicit 99 traders at $60 each and cover almost all your costs? :2c:

PS...

Noobie trader quiz

Your time is limited. If you had to choose one - Would you be better off reverse engineering the character of BF or reverse engineering the indicators of UB ?

GhostOfLivemore, why don't you just solicit 99 traders at $60 each and cover almost all your costs? :2c:

PS...

Noobie trader quiz

Your time is limited. If you had to choose one - Would you be better off reverse engineering the character of BF or reverse engineering the indicators of UB ?

1) What about non disclosure and on selling clauses???

2) I would have to see their PL and risk reward profiles to make an informed decision and no one is playing that game.....:haha: Can I get the best of both of them?

Aint the Net great. Here is a dog who is famous in his own mind. Woof Woof Pat.

Funniest thing is that he's a paranoid dog. Accuses Brownsfan of attacking him (but wait, he was the attacker). Paranoid. Delusions of Grandeur. Hmmm ... I guess you can post from the hospital now.

Candle Stick corner - now that's a real contribution and some real state of the art stuff, LOL.

Like I said - not one piece of original work anywhere. Just a lot of noise about other peoples work.

Sure you have made a lot of posts, over 4,000 of them and you made them for free. How could you charge and who would pay you for other people's work?

I have hundreds of requests to buy my indicators and one of them is from you. You have none becasue you have nothing to show that is your own = pretender without portfolio.

The more you post the more you lower the intellectual common denominator on this board.

Candlestick corner, LOL, I am surprised Golldman is not all over you for your ground breaking work.

I can't say I know much of what Brownsfan has taught or passed along, but I have certainly benefited from how UB has pushed the envelope in trying to understand the markets today.

In fact he's done the very thing which Kevin Koy only wished were possible in his day. Check out pg. 14 of his book "Markets 101". In it he wished he could have created a "spectrum of timeframes" by which to read the markets.

UB did just that in order to understand market bias, not bad if you ask me! And just in case you're wondering who Kevin Koy is he co-wrote Steidlmayers greatest work in my opinion "Markets and Market Logic" well worth a read.

I can't say I know much of what Brownsfan has taught or passed along, but I have certainly benefited from how UB has pushed the envelope in trying to understand the markets today. In fact he's done the very thing which Kevin Koy only wished were possible in his day. Check out pg. 14 of his book "Markets 101". In it he wished he could have created a "spectrum of timeframes" by which to read the markets.

UB did just that in order to understand market bias, not bad if you ask me! And just in case you're wondering who Kevin Koy is he co-wrote Steidlmayers greatest work in my opinion "Markets and Market Logic" well worth a read.

Thanks for the very kind words.

I remember our phone conversations and am very glad you found them to be of value.

Kevin was still working with Peter when I first started studying their work. Peter was always the brains of the partnership and I remember Kevin as a prissy little thing that rumor has blew out their trading account while Peter was out of town and that broke up their partnership.

Later when I spent those weeks at Peter's ranch in Butte Meadows, Kevin was nowhere around, the breakup was kind of nasty with Kevin, in my opinion, acting like a little girl scorned.

About that same time Jim Dalton started his writing and giving sminars on the profile and I thought then and still do that Dalton did a better job of explaining the profile and its use but that if you could get around Peter's unique way of expressing himself, that he was the man for the nuances in his theory.

That was over 25 years ago and at the time very exciting work and very much the state of the art. I believe it was about then that Peter was chairman of CBOT so when we made trips to Chicago to work with him it always included an inside look at the floor and some great drinking and war stories with some of the floor/pit traders.

Now almost all of the technical development work we do at the small, private, closed hedge fund that I founded and now manage is based on the theory I learned from those guys waaaay back then. The theory is great and has legs with regard to time but the profile itself cost me a lot of money until I started to develop certain technologies, some of which I have demonstrated here.

At the time I was working for Boyd Jefferies, the founder of Jefferies & Co, after Boyd made me an offer I couldn't refuse to leave a small retail NASD Broker/Dealer that I had founded in Hawaii Kai on Oahu. I got to Hawaii on the boat shown below which was paid for by trading the brand new, very high premiumed options on the then brand new CBOE - long before any index options or index futures.

Any way, thanks again for the kind words and the trip down memory lane. Give me a Skype sometime and catch me up with what you have been doing.

cheers

UB

1stboat.jpg

The last post and the lick-spittle make the point.

I had to look up the word "lick-spittle" on line to figure out your post, I never knew such a phrase/word existed up til now. Kiwi, I'm not feigning my appreciation for UB's work, it simply helped me to see beyond the dated Market Profile works in print and carry forward my studies and understanding of the market.

The debate regarding UB usually hinges on the differences between invention and evolution. UB himself has never claimed the theory for his work started with him, he openly credits Steidlmayer for that, but the evolution of it's application was in desperate need.

It's simply the difference between the model T ford at it's invention and any new car on the road today. We all benefit from the evolution of someone else' work/invention.

RESULTS and UPDATE:

OK it's been about 8 weeks since I started to demo trade the method and I am super happy with the results.

I started with a 5k account and it is now $6,350 (I can show all the trade details to anyone interested)

I've been around this business along time and this is one of the best approaches to trading I have ever used.

I am still trying to build my live money account so I am happy to share this with ONE person still if anyone is interested

Snap1.jpg.b80eb17a7c233b2a3ef7ada11570706a.jpg