Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

calamitychris

TradeStation Developement Environment Bug

OK, I'm at a loss on this one and am hoping someone has encountered the same problem. I cannot verify any new strategies on Tradestation. When I am done with a particular strategy and click 'verify', nothing happens. No syntax errors, no notifications, nothing. Obviously I cannot test any non-verified strategies, so I'm at a standstill.

Anyone experience this, or is it just an ID10T error?

OK, I'm at a loss on this one and am hoping someone has encountered the same problem. I cannot verify any new strategies on Tradestation. When I am done with a particular strategy and click 'verify', nothing happens. No syntax errors, no notifications, nothing. Obviously I cannot test any non-verified strategies, so I'm at a standstill. Anyone experience this, or is it just an ID10T error? thanks:angry:

The new development enviornment definitely needs a bit more work.

For me I can't even open the enviornment without first going to right click on a chart and then formate analysis technique and then open an existing, already compiled study and after that I can open, write, save as and compile as needed.

If there are errors in the code your must have the output window open to see the line number of the errors that might be causing the compile to fail.

If all the promises of TS 9.0 are fulfilled this TS will change from "an also ran" to king of the retail platforms.

If support can't help you and you would like me to walk you through a compile, I am usually up on Skype.

Good Luck

UB

Any word if there will be a better way to demo TS 9?

Of course there is the base clients, but for someone like me who didn't get started until all the "tradestation killers" started rolling out with simple almost full working demo versions with min commitment..the idea of parking a min account to demo software just seems absurd.

I'm all ears on TS 9...having started later though from when it was undisputed king its always felt so closed off.

Any word if there will be a better way to demo TS 9?

Of course there is the base clients, but for someone like me who didn't get started until all the "tradestation killers" started rolling out with simple almost full working demo versions with min commitment..the idea of parking a min account to demo software just seems absurd.

I'm all ears on TS 9...having started later though from when it was undisputed king its always felt so closed off.

We are in the process of installing the TS 9.0 Beta on several of our machines for testing.

The promises of TS 9.0 are very grand indeed and if it lives up to them it will be a game changer for retail packages. The only bad news is that it will be sometime longer before we see improvement with the time stamp issue for charts.

The rest of it, objects, smart order objects, classes, access to different data streams all sounds really great and I will report on how we find these new improvements.

cheers

UB

The promises of TS 9.0 are very grand indeed and if it lives up to them it will be a game changer for retail packages. The only bad news is that it will be sometime longer before we see improvement with the time stamp issue for charts.

Can you point to any links of what these promises are? I don't even know what TS data time stamp resolution is.

It does amuse me as a jaded Ninja user that TS 9 sounds like it will be out just in time to send them back to the drawing board with this insanely delayed Ninja 7 release.

Can you point to any links of what these promises are? I don't even know what TS data time stamp resolution is.

It does amuse me as a jaded Ninja user that TS 9 sounds like it will be out just in time to send them back to the drawing board with this insanely delayed Ninja 7 release.

From what I hear N7 is a bust in many, many ways as it relates to its promises.

You can do a search but here is a link to a press relase about their new backtesting facility and if you look around I have posted more on this update.

TradeStation - Selected Press Releases

calamitychris,

You shouldn't fee bad, you actually bring up an excellent point. We should bring up a dialog when you verify and there are errors but the output window is closed. We'll work on that.

You've probably saved many other users from the same problem.

My thanks,

Peter

From what I hear N7 is a bust in many, many ways as it relates to its promises.

Its their db...1 second granularity time stamps and no column for recording bid/ask...even though they actually burned cash to UPGRADE their db...

The level of "stupid" is mind blowing....TS can miss by a mile and still exploit their customer base.

What Nate said. Though to be fair TS suffers the same malaise. They are aware they dropped the ball (god knows how) however too late for v7....roll on 7.5. There is user contributed public domain code that keeps an alternate bid ask last tick database. Why the hell they don't pay the guy to help re-architect there core data handling, or at least incorporate his stuff (as a stop gap) it in a more formally supported way is beyond me.