Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

lbj

BLACKLIST of Brokers

I guess there are fewer offerings in the field of futures brokerage. Most are geared for large scale institutionals or CTAs. For individual pro traders there are fewer offerings but now luckily there are many platforms to choose from.

I think as long as you have a clear idea n a good plan with experience we can work on any good and fast functioning platform. I have tested many but most are not easy to operative with nimbleness.

Among all firetip was a pretty good platform so any one trading scalp minis etc. may like to try that.

It is now offered by many brokerage houses.

Btw speaking of firetip, I found that firetip is offered by the same go futures, ironbeam or farr financial group. I applied for an account at proactive and chose firetip platform but the underlying brokerage was ironbeam.

I already posted my experience with them for being flickery, unreliable and charging for platform $125 pm and other fees of $50 pm if you cant trade a month.

See any company that plays tricks with customers and does not honor what they advertise clearly is not to be trusted.

I have been using Firetip through Iron Beam and it is excellent.

Simple and quick trades too.

No more fees with the majority of the brokers who supply it like Cannon, Champion, Back Bay.

New version coming out end of 2013 also that is supposed to ready make a difference.

I want to update Firetip.

Run away from it.

A glitch in their software cost me over $600 and the losers from IronBeam who are part of it would not refund me the money.

I sat there all day showing 5 YM contracts and at the end of day I clicked the Go Flat button which showed I sold all 5 contracts.

30 minutes after the close I get a call from the broker saying I was in the red for my account.

A phantom 6th contract was out there and got sold when the futures market closed.

All Ironbeam could say was that I was responsible for keeping track of my trades.

How do you keep track of a trade that the platform did not show existed?

What a joke.

I have filed with the FTC and will be fighting them.