Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sanchez

Price Action

83.5 was yest hi. we exceeded it @ 10:08....made a new hi on lighter vol at 10:10. I missed the short at 84 because I was typing lol but got a local retest or baby H&S @ 10:12 so I took the short. +1 on 1/2 pos and +2 on 1/4 pos....25% remaining and looking for 80.25

didn't mention that I covered 1/2 position at 82...+1 but that is pretty much standard for me. I will be more liberal depending on the setup but for the most part, that's the rule.

A lot of vol being put in at 81.5 level watching PA for clues. It's a free trade at this point so I can be a bit more patient. Even if I were to get stopped at 86.25(which is not where my stop is) I still wouldn't lose on the trade. That is why I scale out so I can try to let a trade work. If PA changes I can always hit the button and get out

Do you know how to post charts, or maybe do a video? Its pretty hard to keep up when you are posting like that.

How do I post a chart in TL? I'm a trader not a videographer lol. Not sure how to make a vid even though I might have the software for it.

If you can tell me how to post or upload a chart I will do that. As I mentioned I am new to TL and posting

After clicking "post reply"

Scroll down to the area under your post, you will see a button that says "Manage Attachments"

"Choose" a file from your computer, preferably not too large

Click the "Upload" button

Close that window and press the "submit reply" button.

Easy as 1-2-3. I agree its very difficult to follow rapid-fire posting/trade calls without illustrating the underlying price action.

I guess it was right in front of me the whole time....thx for pointing it out.

I am trying to post my zones/levels prior to the days trading. That should be the guideline but as the trading day unfolds, new levels can be established. I am assuming anyone in TL has their own live charts or it will be near impossible to follow anyone trading intraday mkts while gaining any real value, imo.

As I progress this thread, I will try to streamline the methods in which I talk about the mkt. Maybe I will use shorthand and make a legend or something of that nature.....any thoughts on the subject are welcome.

I am trying to call things in real time. I know it is a tough thing to do but I think it can be done....I'm going to give it a try anyway. My first obligation is to my trading and I must manage the trades as I take them. By the time I call an entry I have taken, my profit tgt or stops might have already been taken out so there is little I can do about that. All in all the times stamp on the post should coincide with the trade I ad taken or attempted to take. I will also try to post the times of the bars in which I had either attempted or taken a trade, if I post it after the fact. This is more of an educational reference or personal journal entry if you will.

posting charts real time will be very challenging but maybe by posting the charts when the mkts slow down so they can be used to reference previous posts, might be helpful. Please let me know your thoughts so I can help make this a useful resource. If all I am doing is confusing anyone looking at this thread then it is more of a disservice & that would defeat the purpose.

I will send a test chart to see if the image size or pixel size is correct.

Thx for the input

Test.thumb.jpg.bd41a45d957a0e8be336e11931502f4b.jpg

I like to stop in and visit some live trade rooms. I don't want them to bother my regular trading, but we are all looking for other good traders to learn from and improve. Even if it is a market that we had not thought about trading and find we like.

So, to that end, are there any room or other traders you like to watch? I just signed up for a free trial on a CL room on one of the links on this site..anyone have any feedback on them? I will let you know next week.

I guess it was right in front of me the whole time....thx for pointing it out.

I am trying to post my zones/levels prior to the days trading. That should be the guideline but as the trading day unfolds, new levels can be established. I am assuming anyone in TL has their own live charts or it will be near impossible to follow anyone trading intraday mkts while gaining any real value, imo.

As I progress this thread, I will try to streamline the methods in which I talk about the mkt. Maybe I will use shorthand and make a legend or something of that nature.....any thoughts on the subject are welcome.

I am trying to call things in real time. I know it is a tough thing to do but I think it can be done....I'm going to give it a try anyway. My first obligation is to my trading and I must manage the trades as I take them. By the time I call an entry I have taken, my profit tgt or stops might have already been taken out so there is little I can do about that. All in all the times stamp on the post should coincide with the trade I ad taken or attempted to take. I will also try to post the times of the bars in which I had either attempted or taken a trade, if I post it after the fact. This is more of an educational reference or personal journal entry if you will.

posting charts real time will be very challenging but maybe by posting the charts when the mkts slow down so they can be used to reference previous posts, might be helpful. Please let me know your thoughts so I can help make this a useful resource. If all I am doing is confusing anyone looking at this thread then it is more of a disservice & that would defeat the purpose.

I will send a test chart to see if the image size or pixel size is correct.

Thx for the input

No No don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you to post live charts in a split second when you are trading live and want to post live, maybe a chart before and after the session showing your trades or something? Just so we know what you are on about, instead of "short @ 82", we don't know what that is based off or anything?

I thought it might be a bit easier to understand your trading and reasons for trades if you posted a chart of them after, or say what you're looking for before the session. :)

By the way, I actually think videos are easier to take than screenshots, but please yourself :)

Jumper,

I can do an after market recap, but if I say short at 82, and I am using my indicators you don't know why I would be going short. Unless, I was using Fibs or swings highs and lows. I love vieos as well. I have seen some you tube videos on site, so I guess wel can. I will make one up this week.

What do you use for your trading decisions?

hey jumper,

I try to post key levels prior to the trading day. Various levels come into play as the day progresses. Sometimes the levels I post pre mkt take time to develop as well. So, I let the PA dictate, at that moment in time, as to how relevant the level is.

This is why I say that I don't just throw limit orders out at a pre determined price.

As I go along I hope this will become more clear. Remember, I only started this thread about 2 weeks ago and we had to deal with rollover last week. I have been trading for over 15 years and I didn't learn this in a few weeks. If I post short 82 and it is not a pre determined level I will try to follow it up with comments &/or a chart.

Remember though, I trade PA and vol. No indies or oscillators etc., so my levels can change as PA and vol develop. Areas I was looking at pre mkt may become irrelevant as the day unfolds.

Lets see how it things go this week and we can tweak the communication as we go along so it is more understandable. A chart in the beginning & end ov the day might not be as helpful, if at all, because of what I am looking at to determine which trades I will take.

I hope this makes sense

I like to stop in and visit some live trade rooms. I don't want them to bother my regular trading, but we are all looking for other good traders to learn from and improve. Even if it is a market that we had not thought about trading and find we like.

So, to that end, are there any room or other traders you like to watch? I just signed up for a free trial on a CL room on one of the links on this site..anyone have any feedback on them? I will let you know next week.

I am not familiar with any of the other traders in TL so I can't be of any help there. I don't know what a CL room is so I can't be of any help there either.

I trade using vol and PA. I use simple and basic means of s/r. I just started this thread about 2 weeks ago and it is a work in progress. We'll see how it goes:thumbs up:

No need to post vids or anything like that. I'd like to stay on topic as far as what it is that I do and what it is that I look at. If there is an interest that's great and if not this will act as a live journal for me I guess.

hey jumper,

I try to post key levels prior to the trading day. Various levels come into play as the day progresses. Sometimes the levels I post pre mkt take time to develop as well. So, I let the PA dictate, at that moment in time, as to how relevant the level is.

This is why I say that I don't just throw limit orders out at a pre determined price.

As I go along I hope this will become more clear. Remember, I only started this thread about 2 weeks ago and we had to deal with rollover last week. I have been trading for over 15 years and I didn't learn this in a few weeks. If I post short 82 and it is not a pre determined level I will try to follow it up with comments &/or a chart.

Remember though, I trade PA and vol. No indies or oscillators etc., so my levels can change as PA and vol develop. Areas I was looking at pre mkt may become irrelevant as the day unfolds.

Lets see how it things go this week and we can tweak the communication as we go along so it is more understandable. A chart in the beginning & end ov the day might not be as helpful, if at all, because of what I am looking at to determine which trades I will take.

I hope this makes sense

Yeah I know what you mean, I trade the same way, a video is the easiest thing I can think of to really show the way you trade, but if you aren't sure how to do it then might as well just keep doing what you're doing if you think charts will be useless as well. Most platforms have a feature that shows what trades you took though, which is what I thought would be useful.

Anyway, looking forward to your trading. :)