Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

marker

EminiJunkie & Channel-Trading

Looks like this was more the link I needed. I was asking if anyone know of any good trade rooms. I don't want a sales pitch, just what kind of results are people getting. I am going to test out the a sponsored link on CL trading this week. It is a free trial and I trade CL every day so, I can see how it compares with my system. I don't want anything that will distract me from my trading, but I am always looking for new ideas and even new markets I have not thought about to diversify. Thanks for the input.

Looks like this was more the link I needed. I was asking if anyone know of any good trade rooms. I don't want a sales pitch, just what kind of results are people getting. I am going to test out the a sponsored link on CL trading this week. It is a free trial and I trade CL every day so, I can see how it compares with my system. I don't want anything that will distract me from my trading, but I am always looking for new ideas and even new markets I have not thought about to diversify. Thanks for the input.

Ahhh, Hello WorldTrader, I created this thread. If you dont like the so called sales pitch, which it is not, then dont read or post in this thread.....okay?

Maker,

Not sure what your problem is. Maybe you misread my post. I wanted to hear about some good trade roms. I enjoyed reading about Jinkie and Channel, looking for Honest feedback not sales hype. Again, I trade CL and some other markets and I will test out the Cl room and let everyone know. If you want sales pitches in your thread I have some crap robots I can sell you cheap:)

whew, $400/month on a jumpy CL market.....but if the room is good and profitable and you can learn to trade like the mentor on your own, then well worth it.....let us know....

I traded with Emini Junkie for approx 4months also.

It was a complete waste of time and money. The videos results are not true results!

Many times in the videos sent out(25Tick gains), have different results (losses) in the trades that were actually taken in the room!

Its very very easy for Emini Junkie, to take Fib retracement levels, from different level in the videos, than what was actually taken in the room to make the video results look the best possible!

Dont waste your money

It was a complete waste of time and money. The videos results are not true results!

Many times in the videos sent out(25Tick gains), have different results (losses) in the trades that were actually taken in the room!

Its very very easy for Emini Junkie, to take Fib retracement levels, from different level in the videos, than what was actually taken in the room to make the video results look the best possible!

Dont waste your money

I agree with you somewhat.....not every room is perfect, just need to find the right fit.....are you in a room or trading on your own?

Dont waste your money

His video recaps are quite simply an effort to deceive potential customers. The fact that he doesn't let you question them tells you how dishonest and ingenuine he is. He feigns transparency when there is none.

His video recaps are quite simply an effort to deceive potential customers. The fact that he doesn't let you question them tells you how dishonest and ingenuine he is. He feigns transparency when there is none.

hhhmmmm.....i defend EJ, but yet agree with these feedbacks somewhat....

I will have to disagree with EJ not let you question. In the live room, we all ask him to explain the trade, and he does. On his videos, I have personally and other have as well, questioned him on certain trades in the members forum, and he does reply and explain....

So I dont know where you get that he doesnt let us question him. If he doesnt, then everyone will know in the room, because he has live chat on Omnovia, and everyone can see what everyone is writing to him.....so how much transparent can he get? the rooms that use gotomeeting and dont have visible chat are the ones not transparent.

When I was there (4 months) someone kept asking him about specific trades that were in the videos (suggesting they were innacurate) and he would quickly say that he thought they were accurate and move on to another subject. He would NEVER go over each trade in question in order prove that they were accurate. this would have been a big help to the people in the room.

Maybe you have not been there long enough, in time you will see. Why would he put a trade on the video as a win that was a loss in the room - he did that every week and that is unethical at best.

When I was there (4 months) someone kept asking him about specific trades that were in the videos (suggesting they were innacurate) and he would quickly say that he thought they were accurate and move on to another subject. He would NEVER go over each trade in question in order prove that they were accurate. this would have been a big help to the people in the room.

Maybe you have not been there long enough, in time you will see. Why would he put a trade on the video as a win that was a loss in the room - he did that every week and that is unethical at best.

i have been with EH since Oct 2009, never seen that....but, then again, why would he lie in the videos knowing that member would see the video?

maybe when a video trade is a fast extension, some members believe that this might be the issue and to believe its inaccurate.....just my thoughts.....

Have you been in the room everyday, marking up your charts based on what he says are the entries? i did and his bogus videos showed winners that were not there during the day (and many losers were NOT shown). I hope it works for you. i have been trading for 7 years and I know B.S. when i see it. I will never work with another vendor unless they show me statements - this eminijunkie does not trade his own stuff - I can tell by his comments in the room.

You might be defending him now, I predict you will be signing a different tune soon enough.

Have you been in the room everyday, marking up your charts based on what he says are the entries? i did and his bogus videos showed winners that were not there during the day (and many losers were NOT shown). I hope it works for you. i have been trading for 7 years and I know B.S. when i see it. I will never work with another vendor unless they show me statements - this eminijunkie does not trade his own stuff - I can tell by his comments in the room.

You might be defending him now, I predict you will be signing a different tune soon enough.

I totally hear what you say, I dont disagree or agree with you. But here is the thing....every night when he posts he vids, I go to my chart and plot the trades with the video. They do show up, really, they actually do show up per his entry rules.....The thing here is that he will show either the extension fib trade or the regular fib trade. So many skeptics might see a video successful trade , but you you plot it yourself, its not there, the reason is that the videos showed a successful extension trade, there by when you plot manually, the regular fib trade never triggered, but you needed to draw the extension trade. This is what everyone is questioning when they dont see the successful trade on their charts, but it was actually a successful extension trade.....

also, what people may think it was a losing trade and was never posted in video, was actually a trade that was signaled, but never triggered per his trading plan rules, like the "9 tic" rule, which is the big requirement. i truely believe this is also a reason why the skeptics are saying that a trade was a loser but never posted, it was signaled, but never triggered for a trade.....

Here is where I am at, I have been trying other rooms to hopefully find something to replace EJ, havent found a good one to bump EJ off.

Would you have any suggestions with a live room?

I am not ready to trade on my own and need a live room to help me to that point.......

Edited by marker

I have sworn off rooms until i find somene that will show actual trading statements. None will because they are either not trading or they are not profitable. The idea of "I just like to teach" is crap.

I trade a stochastic system I learned from Buffy in dacharts.com - I do slightly better than break-even.

You are spot on.

I asked him to send me his statement to verify he is a consistently profitable trader as claimed, though you guessed it.. he wouldn't. "Confidentiality" and all the usual BS reasons scam artists wheel out were given. Confidentiality my a##!

If you're marketing a product or service in the public domain, and are asking for money from the public for that product of service, then it's a perfectly reasonable request to verify publicly that what you are marketing works and is worth paying for.

None of these services make money. Persisting in living in hope and chasing a dream of getting something for nothing (impossible in this life), will only see you waste your time and money.

Puretick is another scam just like EJ for the same reasons, though they will actually tell you that the government prevents them from posting their live statement. hahahahahaha. Hilarious. PATHETIC!

Think about it, if you wanted to sell a product that you knew worked, the first (and probably only) thing you would do is post your live statement. Why? Because doing so would guarantee a sale, and thereafter 000's of sales from word of mouth.

Stop living in hope and instead stick to your day job.

I was a eminijunkie room member for 4 months. I have been trading for over 5 years and was looking for a mechanical method in order to combat some psychological demons getting in the way of my discretionary trading. Here are my thought on his method and room:

1. His video results are bullsh#t. There are ALWAYS at least 4-5 full stop outs per week that mysteriously don't show up on his videos. Many days he shows as +20 tick winners are barely break even and break even days can easily be -20 losers. When I emailed him about losses he missed he'd sometimes say "yeh, I missed that one" or he'd draw the fib from a different spot than he normally would just to try and defend the trade.

2. His trade management and risk/reward is terrible. A full stop for the suggested 2 contracts is -14 ticks, his average gain is +2 ticks for T1 and about +7 ticks for T2. You need 2 winners for every loser to get back to even after commissions. He boasts that when you get your T2 +2 ticks you then move your stop to -4 ticks to "reduce risk". It might make you feel good but that usually means its wrong and in this case it is wrong.

3. He has other trades he's call "range trading" he NEVER says "I'm in a range trade right now at x price, my stop is x and I will exit at x. All he says is "I've been range trading this and making money"...sure your have.

4. He is a great salesman - he was a salesman for Tradethemarkets.com before starting the room. He's able to brainwash people into thinking that every market move is based on a 50% retracement...bullsh#t after the fact chart reading is all it is. Show us your statements and I will believe you are a profitable trader and can make those ticks in your videos. Guess what, he'll never do that because he is not making anything close to what he shows on the videos (if he is even trading at all). When he has shown "live trades" on video THEY WERE IN SIM !!! (you can tell by the infinity DOM).

Since his plan and room are cheap people stay in for a while...believe me, they are wasting their time as his risk/reward will eat them up eventually. I've seen that some room moderators are getting transparent these days and showing their trading DOMS live. If any "junkie" is reading this post you should suggest it to him in the room one day - see what he says :)

Edited by pivotal
spelling

"stick to your day job" ??

wow...i know all trade rooms are not perfect. but to tell everyone that it is a lost cause and to 'stick to their day jobs' is a little bit much.....you and i know that there are retail day traders out there that are making it....its just finding and compiling a system to call you own and trading it consistently.....i have learned you need to gather up all the tools, indi's, strategies, and piece them together and tailor it to your type of mind set, emotions...and whalla! you can make it.....

believe me, i have been burned and blew my account up a few times trying to trade someone else's system in their trade room. That system may be profitable to them, cause its tailored to their personality and mind set, not mine.

so i have come really close (i hope) in gathering up info, indi's, strategies, etc...and tweaking it, and tailoring to my mindset and personality and my "max-pain-cry-uncle" draw down.....it may work for me, but may not work for others......

this is what i have learned so far........

You are spot on.

I asked him to send me his statement to verify he was a consistently profitable trader as claimed, though you guessed it.. he wouldn't. "Confidentiality" and all the usual BS reasons wheeled out by scam artists.

If you're marketing a product or service in the public domain, and are asking for money from the public for that product of service, then it's a perfectly reasonable request to verify publicly that what you are marketing works and is worth paying for.

None of these services make money. Persisting in living in hope and chasing the dream of getting something for nothing (impossible in this life), will only see you waste your time and money.

Stick to your day job.

Please see my post above.

The question I am personally curious about knowing the answer to is:

Why have you all persisted in living in hope and bought his junk without any real proof (live statements) that it works?

It seems completely silly to me when everyone knows that 99.9% of people flogging such stuff are scamming wanabee bs artists who aren't fit to dispense fries at McDonanlds.

I have sworn off rooms until i find somene that will show actual trading statements. None will because they are either not trading or they are not profitable. The idea of "I just like to teach" is crap.

I trade a stochastic system I learned from Buffy in dacharts.com - I do slightly better than break-even.

I'm in basic agreement there. While it's true, you may not find exactly what you're looking for from most trade rooms (which are consistently profitable trades) there is much to be learned from "some" of them.

I mean the ones that are clearly staffed with professional and quality traders.

Many times it is our expectations that are out of whack and not even necessarily the trade room that is a scam.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty that aren't worth the time, there are. However, I have found that most individual traders are totally unhappy with a winning percentage lets say of 60% and an average gain above average loss. To them, that stinks and they feel the room is crap and quit. Most times due to looking for that holy grail that wins 98% of the time.

I do think there are some credible rooms with realistic ups and downs that can be very educational.

As long as you're not looking for ridiculous success (which I know some do advertise to hook you....)

No, it's not a little bit much. It's reality. Stick to your day job UNLESS someone can provide hard indisputable evidence that their stuff is worth paying money for.

It's a hard world and this is the hard reality. Prove it, or f### off should be what these trading marketers are told.

And as for your comment, "we both know there are retail traders that are making it".. I don't. You're STILL living in hope in saying this. You WANT to believe.

In 4 years, not one person has ever sent me a statement (except a fraudulent fabricated one) to prove they make money consistenly.

Ultimately the markets are random in the short term (day trading), and inherently can't be predicted. If they could, then everyone would make money, which is not possible.

If there is anyone who is "making it", they wouldn't be wasting their time on the flea bag public. Why on earth would you?

The law of compounding means that you wouldn't need to deal with people asking stupid questions and having to explain things 6 times. As if anyone who is "making it" financially from trading would burden their life with such nuisance and hassle.

Hope is the most powerful word ever invented. Makes people do silly things even when all the signs point to doing the opposite.

"stick to your day job" ??

wow...i know all trade rooms are not perfect. but to tell everyone that it is a lost cause and to 'stick to their day jobs' is a little bit much.....you and i know that there are retail day traders out there that are making it....its just finding and compiling a system to call you own and trading it consistently.....i have learned you need to gather up all the tools, indi's, strategies, and piece them together and tailor it to your type of mind set, emotions...and whalla! you can make it.....

believe me, i have been burned and blew my account up a few times trying to trade someone else's system in their trade room. That system may be profitable to them, cause its tailored to their personality and mind set, not mine.

so i have come really close (i hope) in gathering up info, indi's, strategies, etc...and tweaking it, and tailoring to my mindset and personality and my "max-pain-cry-uncle" draw down.....it may work for me, but may not work for others......

this is what i have learned so far........

If you totally believe that one should stick to their day job, then why are you in this forum???????????

even if i was profitable, WHY WOULD I SEND YOU MY STATEMENTS, when you have a bad attitude and just plain old unhappy with yourself.

The bottom line, why would i help you? no way in hell would I help a person like you.

Enjoy the rat race...!

Leave the forum then. Why are you in this forum then?

No, it's not a little bit much. It's reality. Stick to your day job UNLESS someone can provide hard indisputable evidence that their stuff is worth paying money for.

It's a hard world and this is the hard reality. Prove it, or f### off should be what these trading marketers are told.

And as for your comment, "we both know there are retail traders that are making it".. I don't. You're STILL living in hope in saying this. You WANT to believe.

In 4 years, not one person has ever sent me a statement (except a fraudulent fabricated one) to prove they make money consistenly.

Ultimately the markets are random in the short term (day trading), and inherently can't be predicted. If they could, then everyone would make money, which is not possible.

If there is anyone who is "making it", they wouldn't be wasting their time on the flea bag public. Why on earth would you?

The law of compounding means that you wouldn't need to deal with people asking stupid questions and having to explain things 6 times. As if anyone who is "making it" financially from trading would burden their life with such nuisance and hassle.

Hope is the most powerful word ever invented. Makes people do silly things even when all the signs point to doing the opposite.

Bad attitude? Unhappy with myself? No, not at all. I just believe in telling it how it is and calling a spade a spade. And I'm not asking for your help, and I am in fact very happy with myself because I have never been caught out by people such as EminiJUNK.

No, you're right you wouldn't send me your statements, you would use some subterfuge smoke screen reason not to like "I'm not sending you my statements because you have a bad attitude!".. because you in fact wouldn't be profitable and would be BS'ing like they all do. You couldn't send your statements in that scenario because doing so would show the world that you weren't telling the truth, so you'd create ambiguity and diversion to avoid the subject.

Why am I here in this forum? I'm here to slap people like you in the face who persist in living in hope, to WAKE THEM UP from their delusional dream, so they don't continue wasting their time and money on BS artists like EminiJUNK.

Why am I trying to help a person like you who persists in living in hope and being a gullible hopeless sucker? I guess because I'm more gracious and generous than you say you would be.

WAKE UP and smell the EminiCRAP!

Ask him for his statement to verify he is a consistently profitable trader and that it is therefore worth your while at least pursing his education. Make sure you acknowledge you understand that just because he is profitable it doesn't mean you will be.. otherwise he will refuse to send you his statement for this reason.

Even if you phrase your enquiry to eliminate this excuse from his repertoire, I bet he will still refuse, citing "confidentiality" type reasons.

If you totally believe that one should stick to their day job, then why are you in this forum???????????

even if i was profitable, WHY WOULD I SEND YOU MY STATEMENTS, when you have a bad attitude and just plain old unhappy with yourself.

The bottom line, why would i help you? no way in hell would I help a person like you.

Enjoy the rat race...!

Leave the forum then. Why are you in this forum then?

I'm not here todefen eminijunkie, and your probably right. I'm just saying u can be profitable by creating and compilng your on system that is a fit for your own mind set.

By the way, you stress that your not profitable, do u care to show us your statement?

It works both ways, shows us your statement to prove to us that we should stick to our day jobs.

Bad attitude? Unhappy with myself? No, not at all. I just believe in telling it how it is and calling a spade a spade. And I'm not asking for your help, and I am in fact very happy with myself because I have never been caught out by people such as EminiJUNK.

No, you're right you wouldn't send me your statements, you would use some subterfuge smoke screen reason not to like "I'm not sending you my statements because you have a bad attitude!".. because you in fact wouldn't be profitable and would be BS'ing like they all do. You couldn't send your statements in that scenario because doing so would show the world that you weren't telling the truth, so you'd create ambiguity and diversion to avoid the subject.

Why am I here in this forum? I'm here to slap people like you in the face who persist in living in hope, to WAKE THEM UP from their delusional dream, so they don't continue wasting their time and money on BS artists like EminiJUNK.

Why am I trying to help a person like you who persists in living in hope and being a gullible hopeless sucker? I guess because I'm more gracious and generous than you say you would be.

WAKE UP and smell the EminiCRAP!

Ask him for his statement to verify he is a consistently profitable trader and that it is therefore worth your while at least pursing his education. Make sure you acknowledge you understand that just because he is profitable it doesn't mean you will be.. otherwise he will refuse to send you his statement for this reason.

Even if you phrase your enquiry to eliminate this excuse from his repertoire, I bet he will still refuse, citing "confidentiality" type reasons.

To add to the confusion...

Showing a statement is not a guarantee. I could simply trade opposite in two accounts. Each and every day. Show the person who wants to see an account statement whichever one has been positive.

Ask Bernie Madoffs clients about their statements.

Perhaps some of you dont need a room to become successful traders. Others have found them to be beneficial and help cull us along to become financially successful traders.

I have tried one room - and still am in it - due to the amount of help it has given me in preventing over trading, dealing with the psychology of trading, and the camaraderie amongst other traders in the room. It has been more than worth it in my own opinion. And since you are spending your own money - the opinion of others - in the end - doesn't matter. In the end - it is a living "trading book". Every day I have an author who is talking to me during the trading day.

I have a bookshelf of books - and I didnt bother asking any of the authors for their profit and loss statements. Have you ever seen Mark Douglas P&L statements? Chances are 80% of people in this room have read his book(s) (Trading in the Zone, Disciplined Trader) and received some benefit from it. So - what does it matter if he is a winning trader???

Ever seen your typical General Contractors own home? Most of them are in a shambles. But they do excellent work on YOUR house. So do you automatically discredit them because their own spouse cant get them to finish a project at their home?

Ever hung out with a group of psychiatrists? They often have their own personal demons. Just because they do - doesn't mean they cannot be of help to you.

I just find it a bit distasteful to rip on "all" rooms because of your own experience. Buyer beware. Just like there are lousy books - there are lousy trading rooms. And as mentioned above...there are no holy grails. You seek people who can strengthen your own weaknesses. In the end - that will make you a better trader.

Just my two cents.

A-Men!

well written.......!

To add to the confusion...

Showing a statement is not a guarantee. I could simply trade opposite in two accounts. Each and every day. Show the person who wants to see an account statement whichever one has been positive.

Ask Bernie Madoffs clients about their statements.

Perhaps some of you dont need a room to become successful traders. Others have found them to be beneficial and help cull us along to become financially successful traders.

I have tried one room - and still am in it - due to the amount of help it has given me in preventing over trading, dealing with the psychology of trading, and the camaraderie amongst other traders in the room. It has been more than worth it in my own opinion. And since you are spending your own money - the opinion of others - in the end - doesn't matter. In the end - it is a living "trading book". Every day I have an author who is talking to me during the trading day.

I have a bookshelf of books - and I didnt bother asking any of the authors for their profit and loss statements. Have you ever seen Mark Douglas P&L statements? Chances are 80% of people in this room have read his book(s) (Trading in the Zone, Disciplined Trader) and received some benefit from it. So - what does it matter if he is a winning trader???

Ever seen your typical General Contractors own home? Most of them are in a shambles. But they do excellent work on YOUR house. So do you automatically discredit them because their own spouse cant get them to finish a project at their home?

Ever hung out with a group of psychiatrists? They often have their own personal demons. Just because they do - doesn't mean they cannot be of help to you.

I just find it a bit distasteful to rip on "all" rooms because of your own experience. Buyer beware. Just like there are lousy books - there are lousy trading rooms. And as mentioned above...there are no holy grails. You seek people who can strengthen your own weaknesses. In the end - that will make you a better trader.

Just my two cents.