Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

SIUYA

Manually Inputted Context Zones

Alas - so far no good.

(yes its a new version, and yes it has issues.....)

but today it has crashed my computer three times, automatically logged me out of IB twice, and I there is not a lot of intuitive stuff there....

eg; I was getting errors regards linking ASX stocks - not recognising the exchange etc; even though it was showing correctly in the quote manager.

I managed a work around via sheer luck, but then it crashed my system.

I will keep posting updates as I will keep persevering!

so far managed to get..... a feed from Esignal....it works, it updates and its real time as checked against tow other systems.

The IB real time feed - loads a chart, but does not update.

I have also confirmed with someone else on the MC website, that if loading data via Esignal, and trading via IB then orders will not be recognized.... so basically I am stuffed as I am not going to rely on IB data as its crap (they admit it and so does every one else).....

Once again so far, a system offers a lot and there are probably workarounds if using only a few instruments, but when trying to run things over a portfolio of many instruments.....they are close but not quite there.

Quick conclusion.... I will continue with SC, and try and provide some feedback with MC and see what happens over the coming months.

(as a side rant which has been continual for me, and ideally designed to push system developers :)..... too many systems, brokers, whatever.... say they are the best, designed by traders etc..... wrong. Until you have a system that is able to handle a portfolio of systems over multiple markets and instruments then keep working. Being able to handle a specific market, a specific set of brokers, or only a few instruments at a time then you are not the best..... mind you I dont know of many systems that can yet.... but at least some cover some markets and lots of instruments well.) (its also a lot batter than it was a few years ago) :)

I've Done It! I have finished my automatic zone drawing indicator for ninjatrader and now working on transporting it to Tradestation, then I will make it available for a bunch of different platforms.

Here's what it draws out.

1.) using 72 different equations we are drawing the zones.

2.) I have found that price tends to bounce of these zones so I have instituted bounce count colors.

New zone = Aqua

1st bounce = blue

2nd bounce = yellow

3rd bounce = purple

4 or more = gray

I can also show the "dead zones" idea behind this is support become resistance and visa versa.

3.) I have found that this system works the best if you use it on multiple charts of one instrument. I'm using it on 6 different time frames, 4hour, 1 hour, 30 min, 15min, 5 min, and Secret chart (for my entry)

4.) I have found that using the secret chart I can run around with very small stops and every trade can start out like scalp then turn into a big movement if price so allows.

I would post some entries that I've taken in the past week, but I would rather do it in real time or predict them just to show how these zones are working. It also requires you to run around with 3 contracts at least.

I call these zones and system APA Zones for "advanced price action".

So here's a couple of 4 hour charts.

6E-09-11-240-Min-7_1_2011.jpg

this chart has the old zones "dead zones" turned on which are in grey. Right now price is in a zone, and the zone will only turn to the next bounce color after price completely leaves the level for at least 1 bar.

TF-09-11-240-Min-7_1_2011.jpg

Edited by doubletop11

It's a secret chart that I use to get in and out of the market with. It one of those "found out about it on mistake kind of things then I realize that I was sitting on a gold mine by using it with confluence of zones but lets just say it's amazing!!!!

on of the major ideas behind this is Green outlined zones mean buy, red outlined means sell zones so it easy to follow.

Here's a sample of what my charts looked like today. I watch the CL, 6E, and TF markets.

multitimeframes.png

looks interesting doubletop11

a couple of questions if I may....

I've Done It! I have finished my automatic zone drawing indicator for ninjatrader and now working on transporting it to Tradestation, then I will make it available for a bunch of different platforms....... are you thinking about doing it in the C++ format - for such platforms as Sierra chart or Esignal?

....are you planning on selling this, offering it as a subscription, making it freely available?

4.) I have found that using the secret chart I can run around with very small stops and every trade can start out like scalp then turn into a big movement if price so allows.

I would post some entries that I've taken in the past week, but I would rather do it in real time or predict them just to show how these zones are working. It also requires you to run around with 3 contracts at least. ..... why does this require 3 contracts?....I look forward to seeing something in action...even historically as a guide to what it can do.

It seems that rather than having to manually input zones, you have automatically developed a zone finder (if thats a way to put it).......are these zones alerts for your secret charts to then focus on entries or can you further program the zones to incorporate entry/exit rules?

thanks.

are you thinking about doing it in the C++ format - for such platforms as Sierra chart or Esignal?

Yes both of these platforms will be available in 2-3 months. We are porting the software to Tradestation due to the automated strategy of this system is very profitable and I'm hosting it on a computer that is 1 hop from the exchange. but they only accept Tradestation systems.

....are you planning on selling this, offering it as a subscription, making it freely available? Yes the indicator will be sold. Right now it's available on NinjaTrader, and midway through the port to tradestation.

why does this require 3 contracts?....I look forward to seeing something in action...even historically as a guide to what it can do.

TF_7-6.png

The reason for the 3 contracts is because these zones let the market tell the system where to put it's stops, and targets. This trade on the TF had a 2 tick stop, we bought it long at 835.20. with 3 targets going up.

1st= 15min 20 MA @ 838.6

2nd = 15 min. zone @ 839.9

3rd = 2nd zone on 15min = 843.0

stop loss is moved to cover entry price +2 ticks after 10 mins.

It seems that rather than having to manually input zones, you have automatically developed a zone finder (if thats a way to put it).......are these zones alerts for your secret charts to then focus on entries or can you further program the zones to incorporate entry/exit rules?

thanks.

It is the confluence of zones of the 5 charts that I show you that triggers the "Trade Secret" chart. I'm looking for 3-5 of the charts to have the same zones. Which will happen only a couple times in a 24 hour period on any given market. The system needs to run 24/5 pretty much. We also have an automatic ABC pattern inside the program as well that does ABC with a time function in it to pretict exactly what time completion should take place. It also identifies doubletops, double bottoms. But I don't use it much since I found the "Secret Chart".

You can check out more theory at my website APAzones.

Edited by doubletop11