Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

marker

Channel-Trading.com

This live Market Profile room is run by Kevin "Huddy" Hudson.

Has anyone experience his MP method or trading room?

And good or bad reviews on this before I take the plunge.

The room fairly priced at $79/month or $895 lifetime access to room and weekly training seminars which are $595 for each 4-6 hour seminar to get everyone set-up.

Thanks in advance....

I found room to be the bore...I had seen more of channel set-ups, than Market Profile set ups. I had seen him taking and closing trades at BE probably 80% of the time at best..There is a reason why room is so inexpensive: after I cancelled it, I kept getting free invites daily..and had no interest to visit even for free. Although, must say, he seems to be a nice guy..as a trader, I was much more profitable, and learned aboslutely nothing. Since then, I had tried and signed for Profile Traders, where I learned daily and see Profits daily on Live DOM..only 2 losses in 2 weeks..it is soo true " You get what you pay for"..

I found room to be the bore...I had seen more of channel set-ups, than Market Profile set ups. I had seen him taking and closing trades at BE probably 80% of the time at best..There is a reason why room is so inexpensive: after I cancelled it, I kept getting free invites daily..and had no interest to visit even for free. Although, must say, he seems to be a nice guy..as a trader, I was much more profitable, and learned absolutely nothing. Since then, I had tried and signed for Profile Traders, where I learned daily and see Profits daily on Live DOM..only 2 losses in 2 weeks..it is soo true " You get what you pay for"..

Laguna, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

He rarely has MP set ups and just uses channel type trades. He kind shoots from the hip....And yes, he is a nice guy, but I am not learning anything...

Are you still with Profile Traders? Can you tell me a little more on it? how much is it? and what kind of profits did you see with it?

Thanks!

Laguna, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

He rarely has MP set ups and just uses channel type trades. He kind shoots from the hip....And yes, he is a nice guy, but I am not learning anything...

Are you still with Profile Traders? Can you tell me a little more on it? how much is it? and what kind of profits did you see with it?

Thanks!

Laguna, I second that and would like to know more about your experience with Reza at Profile Traders?

Thks

Laguna, I second that and would like to know more about your experience with Reza at Profile Traders?

Thks

today, Huddy, was just taking trades at closing out at 3-4 tics and moving the trailing contract at break even. he did this on most of his trades. he was basically taking a gamble on which way the market would break out when he notices a consolidation area. so when his trade goes 3-4 tics in his favor, he immediately moves to break even on his remaining contracts, and 99% of his trades today stopped out at break even on his trailers. but if the trade immediately goes against him, he will take the full stop out at 3-4 tics. I think i got his method. he does this small gamble on every single trade when he notices consolidation areas. he will take these little profit scalps or stop outs in hopes he will guess correctly and catch that huge runner to offset these little break even stop outs....

im not learning anything at all......

Hi Guys.. I'm new to TL and just found your thread. Are there any good Market Profile trade rooms that you know of? I found a live trade room that I really like but it's not MP. The trader that hosts the room, TJ, is real good though. He really knows his stuff. Anyway, I would like to learn more about MP if there was a good live room to join but I don't know of any. So far though, the room I discovered and am currently in is proving to be great and I may just wind up staying with it. Wasn't boring, that's for sure! Just thought I'd share..

quick update, I spent the whole day 6/1/10 in Huddy's room taking all the trade calls, and I must say, I need to revise my thoughts. It is not boring at all, its called concentrating and getting ready to stalk a trade set-up. All his entries were safe and moved the stop to break even fairly quickly. i originally said it was boring, but I was wrong. i really listened to him to actual see what he was seeing, and all i can is pretty good so far. other rooms talk about non sense, and at times not related to trading, just to fill dead air, not Huddy, its not silence, we are just looking and stalking the set up.....

Marker,

I do agree with you, have been in the room for 3 days now and I like the way he trades and tries to get safe as quickly as possible. Sometimes he get stop out early and then the trade develops so an extra 2-3 ticks stop would have been better and kept him in the trade, but you can say that for many trade and end-up losing few points.

I am also following at the same time Reza ProfileTraders, first day yesterday, for the moment mixed feeling. I like the way that he challenges the room with his questions and you can really feel that he wants you to learn and be able to trade on your own! Also like the fact that he shows the execution of the orders! Reza trial period is only 3 days so will see, maybe a bit short to really have a good idea.

Keep us posted!

Could you tell me little more about Reza's set up and how he uses the MP?

Does he have any other charts up besides the MP? How big are his initial stops? Which would u prefer? Huddy or Reza?

Thanks again!

Marker,

I do agree with you, have been in the room for 3 days now and I like the way he trades and tries to get safe as quickly as possible. Sometimes he get stop out early and then the trade develops so an extra 2-3 ticks stop would have been better and kept him in the trade, but you can say that for many trade and end-up losing few points.

I am also following at the same time Reza ProfileTraders, first day yesterday, for the moment mixed feeling. I like the way that he challenges the room with his questions and you can really feel that he wants you to learn and be able to trade on your own! Also like the fact that he shows the execution of the orders! Reza trial period is only 3 days so will see, maybe a bit short to really have a good idea.

Keep us posted!

Could you tell me little more about Reza's set up and how he uses the MP?

Does he have any other charts up besides the MP? How big are his initial stops? Which would u prefer? Huddy or Reza?

Thanks again!

It is still early since only one day, did about 2-3 trades. He only use MP on IRT, he has another indicator based on 100 ticks but don't know what it is, will ask and also a small candle chart. But it is mainly MP. Yesterday he said to it would be an UP day and bought the open,no stop to start, got out after 2.5 pts but he said we should have stay in the trade since during C period it often takes the high or low of the B period, if we would we would have made more then 10pts. He uses MKT orders!

Other stops were 2pts and 1 pts, he is very quick to get out if he does not like it, move in his direction. Did not like the way market behave yesterday.

Will decide at the end of the week but for the moment I prefer Huddy!

thanks, hopefully you'll get better feel for Reza after a few more days...

Looking forward to your reviews.....

It is still early since only one day, did about 2-3 trades. He only use MP on IRT, he has another indicator based on 100 ticks but don't know what it is, will ask and also a small candle chart. But it is mainly MP. Yesterday he said to it would be an UP day and bought the open,no stop to start, got out after 2.5 pts but he said we should have stay in the trade since during C period it often takes the high or low of the B period, if we would we would have made more then 10pts. He uses MKT orders!

Other stops were 2pts and 1 pts, he is very quick to get out if he does not like it, move in his direction. Did not like the way market behave yesterday.

PSUDAN,

So what do you think? Huddy or Reza?

I too have been following 3 rooms to decide the one I want to stick with. I have been with eminijunkie since last year, started channel-trading a month ago, and easyeminitrade a few weeks ago. I like easyeminitrade, but there's is something missing. Her screens are cluttered up cuz she watches/trades ES, NQ & 6E. She uses the keltner channel to trade. I think if she just concentrates on the ES, then the quality of her room would be better. I love eminijunkie, he trades the ambushes longs/shorts with fibs and other internals. No complaints with this room. I am looking into channel-trading because I was not familiar with market profile and wanted to learn.

I just may keep both eminijunkie and channel-trading. They kinda compliment each other....

How was Reza?

Hi Marker,

After 3 days with Reza, it is not easy to make a thorough decision. Day 2 (Wednesday) was really bad, you could feel/hear Reza loosing it a bit, taking trade after trade in order to recover previous loss and ended the day with -7.5pts/C, ended the week with +2.5pts/C. He keeps going on about the economy/president and how the world is going down the drain. It is purely MP and looking for major/resistance support, very knowledgeable he is domain. I also had few issues with the communication software he uses: cuts, bad audio and so on, while Huddy's GoToMeeting was perfect.

I have now joined Huddy's room permanently, I believe he will cover my need better. I am a real newbie tradder and need more a mentor and somebody to help me go up the ladder. I hope/think he is the right person for that. Certainly like he is way to get safe really quickly. He might miss some but at least you are safe, on Wednesday we stayed in for a 10 pts runner which was nice.

So will see in few months time if my choice was right.

Cheers,

Hi Marker,

After 3 days with Reza, it is not easy to make a thorough decision. Day 2 (Wednesday) was really bad, you could feel/hear Reza loosing it a bit, taking trade after trade in order to recover previous loss and ended the day with -7.5pts/C, ended the week with +2.5pts/C. He keeps going on about the economy/president and how the world is going down the drain. It is purely MP and looking for major/resistance support, very knowledgeable he is domain. I also had few issues with the communication software he uses: cuts, bad audio and so on, while Huddy's GoToMeeting was perfect.

I have now joined Huddy's room permanently, I believe he will cover my need better. I am a real newbie tradder and need more a mentor and somebody to help me go up the ladder. I hope/think he is the right person for that. Certainly like he is way to get safe really quickly. He might miss some but at least you are safe, on Wednesday we stayed in for a 10 pts runner which was nice.

So will see in few months time if my choice was right.

Cheers,

Sounds like Reza needs to have his emotions checked. Looks like "fear & greed" has gotten to Reza....Lets call him the revenge trader!

Anyway, Huddy, yes, this guy is so safe...if he doesnt like the way the trade is going, he will close it out for a small profit of 1-4 tics or at worse take a stop out no worse than 5tics. He will do this until he gets that huge runner....

Yes, I joined Huddy as lifetime member, you cant beat the price. And I will also stick with EminiJunkie. I think they can work together for me. eminijunkie uses several aspects of Huddys style and enters the trade with fib techniques, which is similar to Huddy's price pattern entries....EminiJunkie trade live in the mornings only, and then I can follow Huddy for the rest of the day.....using both systems confirms the most probable trade for me.....

Best of luck in Huddy's room!

psudan, how are you finding Channel Trading after a couple of months?

Hi Grande,

I still follow Huddy from time to time but after a while I realised that spending all day in front of a screen is not my idea of fun. Nothing wrong with Huddy's method and tradingroom.

It has been a month that I am running some automated strategies (Strategy Runner) and only need few minutes per day to check that everything is OK and P/L for the previous day. Profit may not be as good, you leave quiet a bit on the table and obviously it cost a more. But that's fine with me, I guess it is the price for more freedom!

I realize this thread hasn't been too active lately but I just happened upon it again and thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents. I'm a channel trader myself and have consistent success. One of the key ingredients that I attribute my success to is the notion that less is actually more, when trading. I like to use a goal strategy that is dynamic. The goals are dictated by what the market is willing to give me. I try to get my trading done as quickly and efficiently as possible and then turn everything off and get on with my day, away from trading. Psudan mentions how you potentially leave a lot of profit on the table but you can flip that coin over too. How many times have you had a profitable session only to take one or two more trades, and wind up giving your hard earned gains back to the market? Quitting positive on most sessions and moving your account forward on a consistent basis makes a lot more sense to me. Also, so many people under estimate the other costs involved to trading too much, each day; there's a real wear and tear on a person that takes place, potential for more mistakes due to market fatigue and every day life distractions, etc. Nope! For me it's about quality vs. quantity and when it comes to consistent success as a trader, less is more. That's my humble opinion.

Hi GUys,

since I do not ahve time to rehas: read this thread: I posted review of many rooms:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/6/channel-trading-com-7929-3.html#post105282

I Had been in Rea's room for a long time: TOTAL SCAM: STAY OUT: will see nothign but total BS about OBAMA. He never follows his set ups and trades 1 contract??? Clearly dude makes a living by scamming others.

EMinidjunkies: same...anyhoo: see that thread..I really had not found a good room: and I had been members to 50+: GOOD TRADER DOES NOT NEED HEADACHE AND PAIN OF THE TRADING ROOM. GOOD TRADER MAKES GREAT MONEY TRADING< NOT SCAMMING OTHERS>Although, some may be good teachers, but can not be traders.

Let me know if you had found soemthign decent: which is consistent returns without BS>I had lost hope for such.

Best of luck!

Laguna

Hi, I have to strongly disagree with Laguna' s continued ranting about Reza's room. I have been a happy member for over two years.

Yes, he does sometimes have strong words to say about our politicians. However, he was also not shy about calling out Bush and his policies. It sounds like Laguna is biased toward Obama and is unable to objectively evaluate Reza's room.

As for only trading one contract in the room. First of all, this is false. He often trades more than one and scales in and out as targets are met. Second, even if it were true, who cares as long as he demonstrates consistent profitability?

You will not find another room where the moderator cares as much about actually educating the clients as much as Reza does. Try for yourself, do not let one biased opinion keep you from discovering one of the hidden gems.