Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cunparis

Pace of Tape - Measure Trade Intensity to Detect Reversals

Wow you guys are amazing for trying to decode this indicator and make it work for TS. I have been wanting to find an indicator like this for some time but am a complete beginner when it comes to programming. I simply use time and sales normally, but this would make life so much easier and more efficient. Anyway, Tams are you saying that if one downloads the DLL file in this thread, that it's possible to get this to work in Tradestation? If so, what excactly would I need to do after I download the indicator? Also, any idea how this code might work for Investor RT/Linnsoft. Thanks!!!

... If so, what excactly would I need to do after I download the indicator? ...

the exact thing you need to do is to read the instructions.

Wow you guys are amazing for trying to decode this indicator and make it work for TS. I have been wanting to find an indicator like this for some time but am a complete beginner when it comes to programming. I simply use time and sales normally, but this would make life so much easier and more efficient. Anyway, Tams are you saying that if one downloads the DLL file in this thread, that it's possible to get this to work in Tradestation? If so, what excactly would I need to do after I download the indicator? Also, any idea how this code might work for Investor RT/Linnsoft. Thanks!!!

I may work on a Tradestation version since i use TS for my charting. Right now I have my PoT chart on ninja out of necessity.

For IRT it's not possible without coding it in C/C++ via the SDK. I need some kind of example project for Visual Studio in order to do it and so far I haven't found an example like that, just the C code which is pretty ugly.

For anyone using Investor/RT or MarketDelta, you can import this chart. It uses the VB indicator to sum the ticks of last 12 bars on a 5-second chart...so it essentially gives you the trade pace (tick count) of each minute with on a 5-second moving window.

Images | ChartHub.com

TradePace_2.png

I don't believe it will work in TS, or at least I don't believe it will be accurate, because TS only has 1 second resolution on the bars.

Thanks for the MC binary file.

Sorry, TS from flintstone times has MINUTE timestamps for EL code commands.

Try to code TL's on tick charts ... what a blame for TS.

-swisstrader

Both TS and MultiCharts have not yet done the proper work to be capable of Cumulative Delta BID/ASK differential work which needs the lower time frame resolution. We will see if these companies can at some point get it done.

For robust pace of tape or trade intensity capabilities, you really need to dig into the trades per minute analysis as you measure at the sub second levels. The bursts of order flow you are looking to identify jump to trades per minute levels that are well above typical intraday rates of trade (well over 4 times the normal multiday average trade rate). Obviously a 40,000 contracts per minute rate of trade in the ES is never maintained for a full 60 seconds (per minute measurement).....but that rate of trade burst may last for 1 to 3 seconds (in single or multiple waves).

This is actually not that hard to build for contracts per minute rates of trade, but all the signals you get is where the real work is involved (the filtering of all the various signals). I found one very robust filtering mechanism for the ES, TF, YM signals that I am getting ready to deploy, and I have found a separate filtering mechanism for most all other futures contracts (CL, DAX, ZB, TY, etc).

Cunparis you are doing some great work and I think you will figure out some good methods to advancing what you have built so far.

How can i get the paceoftape code in ELD or text format? I can probably make it work in TS, at least as best as it can, and would be glad to post it if I could get the code.

Thanks.

How can i get the paceoftape code in ELD or text format? I can probably make it work in TS, at least as best as it can, and would be glad to post it if I could get the code.

Thanks.

Did you go through the thread from the start? Most of the discussion concerns easylanguage.

is this now a potential with TS 9.2?

I no longer have TS so I don't know, but if 9.2 has second or greater precision on the timestamps (TS 8 had 1 minute precision) then it should be possible.

:helloooo:

I cannot get it to work in NinjaTrader and tried in MC but crashed. What am I doing wrong? "This application must close - exception code 0xdead1ccc" and the entire application closes. Thank you.