Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Bil Gadzooks

Non-Chatroom

I have not visited the chatroom in a long time but in a thread I started about chat services, hlm mentioned there was discussion about going to a new service (separate from TL). I suggest you contact him directly.

Too bad you can't get any real info here since it's obvious those in the chatroom saw this thread.

:roll eyes:

I think it's like anything, we always need some "power users" to be involved to make it interesting -- more than likely people come and go without saying anything or contributing. So the Chat likely counts on a few key players to do a lot of the commentary/discussion and that starts to bring people out and involved. Maybe someone can have the idea to hold a chat on a specific topic, market, real-time calls, etc... and we can have some posts on here promoting it to generate some interest and participation.

I have not visited the chatroom in a long time but in a thread I started about chat services, hlm mentioned there was discussion about going to a new service (separate from TL). I suggest you contact him directly.

Too bad you can't get any real info here since it's obvious those in the chatroom saw this thread.

You really think we would leave Bil out in the dark? C'mon brownsfan... you know we're better than that!

I think it's like anything, we always need some "power users" to be involved to make it interesting -- more than likely people come and go without saying anything or contributing. So the Chat likely counts on a few key players to do a lot of the commentary/discussion and that starts to bring people out and involved. Maybe someone can have the idea to hold a chat on a specific topic, market, real-time calls, etc... and we can have some posts on here promoting it to generate some interest and participation.

And then maybe we could quit sending emails about puretick.com. :) No offense intended, of course. I understand there are bills to pay.

You really think we would leave Bil out in the dark? C'mon brownsfan... you know we're better than that!

I didn't realize this was hush-hush and no public information would be given out to the rest of those here.

Is there a secret knock to get into this new off-site chatroom?

I didn't realize this was hush-hush and no public information would be given out to the rest of those here.

Is there a secret knock to get into this new off-site chatroom?

Hey... anyone that came to the chat room was immediately alerted of what happened. No secret knock required. P.S. What is your skype username?

Excellent idea Steven - you should probably take the lead to get interest your chatroom going again! I'm confident that real-time calls that make money would most definitely get the interest of TL and get the chatroom going once again. Those interested can interact w/ you as well as seeing your trading in a live setting.

Excellent idea Steven - you should probably take the lead to get interest your chatroom going again! I'm confident that real-time calls that make money would most definitely get the interest of TL and get the chatroom going once again. Those interested can interact w/ you as well as seeing your trading in a live setting.

A broken record man...What is the obsession with real time calls? We never have any issues with that. We're all in the room trading and talking about why we took a trade or what we're looking for in another. Then when trading gets slow, we B.S. about health, airplanes, and television. We're not selling shit and we don't want people to believe us. Ever since DbPhoenix didn't release his P&L, you've have this weird fetish with traders releasing their results. Let it go man. In any case, DbPhoenix came to the forum and released a ton of good information that only helped this forum (and I imagine drove a lot of traffic... wink wink... business men).

FWIW, here is my P&L for the week. Now everyone come watch me trade! I'll make real time calls for all of you. Then again maybe I won't, because it's fairly distracting to have to type my entries into a chat... or even talk about them aloud... And then again, I'll remember I'm not trying to capture a following or selling a book, so I don't care what people think. The idea of this forum is to help people... not to force them to become transparent. Information...traders helping traders. I guess this boils down to: what the hell is your problem?

plmay.jpg

**Disclaimer: Results may be fabricated and this may be fake entirely. You'll never know. ;) What is the point of posting a P&L after the fact. If your bank account grows, proving yourself to other traders on a forum is probably the least of your worries.**

(was going to post it on your thread, but it didn't look like it was active)

wjrusnak thanks for the understanding on the emails - keeps the lights on and everything else about the site free.

Good work keeping it positive on the week with your trades. I'll attach mine for last two weeks just so people don't think I'm throwing darts at a board to pick my trades (ok, sometimes) but I had a really good week last week, this week was so-so, I made one big error yesterday that knocked me down a notch. Still, always looking forward to Monday to get back in the game.

I would say I agree that everyone has a lot to offer at all experience levels and it doesn't always require full transparency, as long as the intent is to contribute, share and learn I think we're all going to be better traders as a result.

traderesults.jpg.7a4e4a99070a21bdc839a7e6d7443a76.jpg

A broken record man...What is the obsession with real time calls? We never have any issues with that. We're all in the room trading and talking about why we took a trade or what we're looking for in another.

Before your rant, did you happen to see what Steven, the new TL admin posted... NOT ME.

Not my idea this time, but nice try.

Suggestion was simple - if TL admin wants to bring his chatroom up from the dead and he would like to see real-time calls being made, then why not start that up himself?

See the idea/correlation?

Nice to see that you are overly concerned with my posts though.

I think we're actually all on the same page so hopefully we can avoid making it personal. We probably just all have different ideas what people want in chat, or what would make it appealing.

I don't know how often I can be in chat, but I'll at least try to make an effort to make some contribution in there.

For everyone else it's obviously voluntary. In the past I have been part of some chat rooms, many times less for the actual analysis and more just for the camaraderie since trading can be an isolating profession and sometimes it's nice to have "virtual" drinking buddies in a particularly bad day.

At any rate, I'm open to anything to making TL a great place to spend time.

In the past I have been part of some chat rooms, many times less for the actual analysis and more just for the camaraderie since trading can be an isolating profession and sometimes it's nice to have "virtual" drinking buddies in a particularly bad day.

That's pretty much what has happened. There were very few new people in chat, and most of the rest of us have been involved with chat for a year or more. The needs of the group shifted, and we're all at least acquainted with each other's styles.

Everyone who was involved at all in chat was notified of the change, and the we are not some secret closed off group. There's absolutely nothing against TL or anyone here. Also, it seems the new plans are excellent for those looking to learn off pros, or watch over someone's shoulder.

A broken record man...What is the obsession with real time calls? We never have any issues with that. We're all in the room trading and talking about why we took a trade or what we're looking for in another. Then when trading gets slow, we B.S. about health, airplanes, and television. We're not selling shit and we don't want people to believe us. Ever since DbPhoenix didn't release his P&L, you've have this weird fetish with traders releasing their results. Let it go man. In any case, DbPhoenix came to the forum and released a ton of good information that only helped this forum (and I imagine drove a lot of traffic... wink wink... business men).

FWIW, here is my P&L for the week. Now everyone come watch me trade! I'll make real time calls for all of you. Then again maybe I won't, because it's fairly distracting to have to type my entries into a chat... or even talk about them aloud... And then again, I'll remember I'm not trying to capture a following or selling a book, so I don't care what people think. The idea of this forum is to help people... not to force them to become transparent. Information...traders helping traders. I guess this boils down to: what the hell is your problem?

plmay.jpg

**Disclaimer: Results may be fabricated and this may be fake entirely. You'll never know. ;) What is the point of posting a P&L after the fact. If your bank account grows, proving yourself to other traders on a forum is probably the least of your worries.**

(was going to post it on your thread, but it didn't look like it was active)

That's absolutely pathetic. I always thought everyone in the chatroom made at least $500k a day.

:)

I think we're actually all on the same page so hopefully we can avoid making it personal. We probably just all have different ideas what people want in chat, or what would make it appealing.

I don't know how often I can be in chat, but I'll at least try to make an effort to make some contribution in there.

For everyone else it's obviously voluntary. In the past I have been part of some chat rooms, many times less for the actual analysis and more just for the camaraderie since trading can be an isolating profession and sometimes it's nice to have "virtual" drinking buddies in a particularly bad day.

At any rate, I'm open to anything to making TL a great place to spend time.

i think a public chatroom is a bad idea. u are inviting tons of vendors (shills) like pureticks( somebody mention that above).

i dont know. i maybe wrong.

i think a public chatroom is a bad idea. u are inviting tons of vendors (shills) like pureticks( somebody mention that above).

We've had one for years. Vendors and shills were never a big issue.

No vendor would have wanted to hang around for long after seeing the rubbish we used to post.

Rubbish? Really? My time there was anything but….! Adding two additional markets to my daily trade possibilities put a damper on my participation early last year (or there about), or else I probably would have still been active.