Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

evroom1

Trading Without a Chart

if i could have figured out how to close this thread, I would have done so before medication was needed. lol

After all was said and done I actually found two people who understood the question and provided a clear answer without other questions or directions.

My question is " Is this even Possible ?"

Yep that was the question, which was answered 5 posts later. Not sure why its dragged on to 6 pages when you had your answer so fast. Ease up on the meds lol ;):roll eyes:

I currently trade with no charts. Our group focuses on CL Calendar spreads looking to scalp a few cents many many times during the day on 15-30 lots each time and maybe catch a 7-20 tick directional move. CL calendar spreads are great to trade as its really about price action.

newportbeachdude I truly thank you for a normal answer. I was begining to think the question was too difficult to get straight forward answer. Your was the most interesting I recieved. I commend your group. I heard about the spreaders who work at contract rollovers but I never thought to apply it on a regular basis. Well done.

@newportbeechdude Do you have double the trouble with slippage on spreads? Slippage, spread (bid/ask) and fees are the curse of scalpers. I guess you must use market orders to ensure both legs are filled? I suppose you can set your order entry software with limit on the first leg and trigger a market order on the other.

@evroom1 are you still following the original guy?

Blow at the risk of having my head chopped off in this forum. I am till following that guy. No strings no charge, only examples by which he expects you to learn yourself. He is the best I have ever seen. No body on this site comes remotely close. I should have framed my question " How do you trade JUST USING the dom" And maybe this would have gone alot better.

evroom1 - for someone who knows very little, you have one hell of an attitude towards people who are trying to help you.

If you get so upset with people because they can't answer your unclear questions, I'd hate to see the temper you get in to when you actually start trading. If I were you, I'd buy about 10 monitors, 20 mice, and a few chairs for your office because you'll probably get through them quite quickly.

Here's a tip for your trading plan: don't keep any crockery near your computer!

:)

Now for some more advise: stop trying to get short cuts. The type of trading you are trying to get a grip on is scalping. To do this you MUST be in a professional environment as you NEED low costs, ie not a retail broker. It's very intuitive, so not something you can read in a book or watch a video on. You may get a few pointers, but knowing you, you will p!ss anyone off who does try and help. Screen time and effort will be your (only) friends.

Good luck - you'll need it!

.... I am till following that guy. .... .... He is the best I have ever seen. No body on this site comes remotely close. .....

Ignoring the spelling - this is the funniest contribution to the thread yet. :helloooo:

I knew this reply would bring out the people with chips on their shoulders. The cry babies, the trading misfits who bully without contributing a single thing to the discussion.

And Sir Kiwi my guess is you cannot trade. Traders that can trade don't get upset at comments like mine. LOL

Please help me and direct me to the place where I can end this thread.

LOL LOL LOL

.... I am till following that guy. .... .... He is the best I have ever seen. No body on this site comes remotely close. .....

Ignoring the spelling - this is the funniest contribution to the thread yet. :helloooo:

Amused maybe, upset, nahh. Perhaps you were looking in a mirror for that entire post? That's a lot of LOLs from a poor bullied unhappy guy.

I knew this reply would bring out the people with chips on their shoulders. The cry babies, the trading misfits who bully without contributing a single thing to the discussion.

And Sir Kiwi my guess is you cannot trade. Traders that can trade don't get upset at comments like mine. LOL

Please help me and direct me to the place where I can end this thread.

LOL LOL LOL

I think an analogous question to your original question would be something akin to asking if someone could drive with one eye.

The answer to that question is yes.

If, instead, you ask the question: can someone drive better with one eye? Then, the answer is no.

Are there some guys who can drive better with one eye than others can with 2? yes.

Odds are the best drivers drive with 2 eyes.

Your buddy who only trades with the DOM is probably only telling you half the story. The good half. But, I am sure he makes millions and millions.

Hi EMG thanks for responding. I get trading with charts and even word of mouth. But how do you trade just using the DOM and nothing else?

MightyMouse gave what may turn out to be the most correct answer.

However if you ever get a chance to sit with or watch a trader who just uses numbers do so. It will make you a better trader.

Aside from the naysayers misfits and traders with blinders on, The search has been very rewarding.

Why dont you ask you're buddy who you allows you to sit with? After all, as you say, he's far better than anyone on this thread.

Besides, I've already told you what to do and how it is done. You seem to be wanting an instruction manual. If that were possible, trading would be easy, and any dumb-ass would be able to make a mint - including you.

I was trying to remember what advise the Dud sry I meant Dude gave me. So I looked. I found that I purposely ingored it as not being useful. The Dude appears to be a want a be trader that only gives comments that make himself feel better. I await his next assinine comments to see much further this thread can sink into the pit.

There is no slippage on the bid/ask spread as there is a CL calendar spread market. One click of the button and you have the spread on at the price you wanted to buy or sell. Trading without a chart can be a blessing and a curse. Calendar spread trading does not rely much on chart trading but rather what the spot month is doing and where the real orders are in the spread market (at least when you are only trying to scalp a few cents here and there). My typical trading day is about 800-1300 lots round-turn which obviously ends up being a lot of commish. The goal is to risk 2 cents at the most in order to make 1-4 ticks many times throughout the day.

Just to make sure I understand correctly the spread is an instrument that trades on an exchange in it's own right. It's not a market I am familiar with I should check out it's characteristics, does it trade on Nymex? Whats the symbol?