Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

StevenSJC

Tradestation Disconnects - Solutions Anyone?

A word of caution. If you decide to use 3g-4g wireless modem as an optional backup please be carefull. I live in Spain and since september 2010 when Vodafone upgraded their systems to the HSDPA standard I have not been able to use Ninjatrader V7.0 at all. I have had to revert back to Ninjatrader V6.5 which works perfectly. Wether this problem exists with other platforms, like Tradestation, I don´t know. Might be worth borrowing a dongle from someone to try out before committing to a contract.

Dee50 - good point -- always worth testing to be sure. Keep in mind NT 6.5 is going away so you'll likely have to find a way to make it work with NT 7.

Contrary to the post above it IS an issue with Tradestation on the reconnects. TS handles it just fine when they are the cause - when they are not it is a problem that their software does not handle the reconnect automatically.

MMS

Thanks for reminding me MMS, I had better check with NINJA as to when everything stops with 6.5. Funny really I came across this thread whilst searching for info on Tradestation as an alternative to Ninja. Getting Ninja 7.0 to work with my connection is impossible, tried many times over the months with no success. Ninja support can´t do anything. Anyway I´m the only one with this problem in the whole of the Ninja customer base! Pity really, it means I have to change my broker as well, AMP, who have been great since I started trading 2 years ago. But thanks to this thread I at least know that Tradestation is not an alternative for me. Isn´t it time that the Platform Developers started thinking about compatibility with wireless connections, particularly as Trading is now a world wide phenomenon and many countries are more advanced in wirleless connections than they are in hardwired. Off topic I know!!