Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Has TL Been Sold or Just New Admin?

And doesn't TL update its mods (part-time or otherwise) as to what's going on?

Since James put TL up for sale, I think he hasn't been around as much. So when you say 'TL' it's really just James. Any updates that I've seen were posted here but I do not see them anymore.

I apologize for the delay. My wife gave birth yesterday to a baby girl so have been busy and away recently. TL has switched ownership and a new team has been in effective since late April.

TL has been one of the greatest and most valuable experiences for me. I have the utmost respect for the TL community and believe it has done a tremendous job providing value to the trading community. Running TL alone, I have had my limitations mainly due to time restraints from trading and other business endeavors, TL deserves a proper dedicated team that can preserve the community and also take the site to the next level. I believe the current new team are the right one for this task.

I thank you all for years of support. We have many leaders here on TL which I am very happy to see and do wish the best to everyone in their trading endeavors, Although I will be stepping down from community management, I plan to be a more active member now that I wont be receiving admin privileges :)

Regards,

James Lee

Founder of TradersLaboratory.com

Thanks for all you've done James! Been a fun and crazy run we had under your leadership.

Will we get an official introduction from the new site owners and some background info? I personally would like to know who will be behind the site now and what their plans are going forward.

Thanks!

Hello all.

I will be one of the admins and new owners and am proud to be continuing what James started. Even better, James intends to remain engaged with the community which is great.

With that said, we really want to keep carrying out the mission of the website. We're not planning any major changes since what James has built is working well, but we're always open to new ideas and suggestions to make this community better for all of you.

That's why we're here after all. This is about a sense of place and home where active traders can share and learn. Maybe even have a little fun or blow off a bit of steam after a particularly rough day in the market, or have a circle of friends to share a success.

Please, by all means, ideas and suggestions are great. We need to keep growing the site, the more posters and readers we have the better it becomes for everyone's experience. Please continue to help us spread the word and make this "THE" place for sophisticated traders to hang out.

As for my background, I've been trading actively over 10 years. Forex, futures and stock. Mostly futures now, with a dash of forex thrown in. Stock trades I haven't had as much time for but do have some long term holdings. I do daytrade, and of late have been doing more automated trading but for the most part I'm a system based discretionary trader. I have a few partners as well who will share the responsibility of running the site with me and we each have our own experiences we'll try to bring to TL.

If there's anything I can do please let me know. Your support up to this point is greatly appreciated and I know it's important to James that we keep TL growing and on its mission.

Thanks!

Don't forget the deal James, more time as a member now the burden of management has been lifted! :) I hope the new guys build on the excellent legacy you have left. Oh......and congratulations on the new family member.

Brownsfan,

You don't think "Mad Market Scientist" is on my birth certificate? Ok, fair enough.

I'm based in Southern California (yes, correct no pro football team) and Steven is my name.

One of my business partners on the website is located in Ohio I believe he's outside of Cleveland.

I will assume by your handle your Ohio as well or at least that's where your allegiances run...

Brownsfan,

You don't think "Mad Market Scientist" is on my birth certificate? Ok, fair enough.

I'm based in Southern California (yes, correct no pro football team) and Steven is my name.

One of my business partners on the website is located in Ohio I believe he's outside of Cleveland.

I will assume by your handle your Ohio as well or at least that's where your allegiances run...

Really? I am in Cleveland, so that's neat! Tell him to PM me here sometime! Not often you find a local trader, esp here.

:)

That might explain the untypical newsletter I got from TL two days ago with the subject line "Earn 10-to-1 on your money". You should stop that. TL has never endorsed crap like this. It's the typical bullshit targeting newbie "investors":

I am writing today to explain how even just a small stake can turn quite large over the next 12 months, or so.

If your trading fund is $1,000, you can turn it into $10,000. If you start with $10,000, you can grow it into $100,000.

I target a 10-to-1 return over time, but in truth, people often suggest their returns have been much higher than that.

yea... I also noticed shills making "fake" inquiries of bucket shops...

with 1st time posters jumping in to make recommendations. LOL

this would never have happened when James was here.

I think this place is going down the drain.

AgeKay -- TL has always been advertiser supported - and in that email promo came from the same agency that James has used for the last year. There are considerable expenses running a site like TL and the only way to offset is advertising. Like any advertising, you can just ignore -- I'm with you though - headlines like that are a turn-off because as experienced traders we can sniff out the unlikely quickly but that email was scheduled a long time ago.

Tams -- I did contact you directly, we're following the exact same protocols as James - he showed us over a couple of weeks how often posts get reported, and then later removed - you have to give us a chance to remove them -- it isn't instantaneous but we're very quick -- just report the post and we get emailed -- the one you were talking about we removed the URLs in under an hour.

You guys are very important to us -- but hopefully you can show us some patience and understanding as well. Appreciate it if you could. Thanks.

AgeKay -- TL has always been advertiser supported - and in that email promo came from the same agency that James has used for the last year. There are considerable expenses running a site like TL and the only way to offset is advertising. Like any advertising, you can just ignore -- I'm with you though - headlines like that are a turn-off because as experienced traders we can sniff out the unlikely quickly but that email was scheduled a long time ago.

Tams -- I did contact you directly, we're following the exact same protocols as James - he showed us over a couple of weeks how often posts get reported, and then later removed - you have to give us a chance to remove them -- it isn't instantaneous but we're very quick -- just report the post and we get emailed -- the one you were talking about we removed the URLs in under an hour.

You guys are very important to us -- but hopefully you can show us some patience and understanding as well. Appreciate it if you could. Thanks.

OK... got your message.

It is good to hear you have this under control.

Cheers

I used to be quite active here, and still drop in the chat room every now and then. What always set TL apart from EliteTrader, T2W, etc is that James is a trader, so his priorities were to offer a wonderful trading forum, first and foremost. Yes, running the site like that makes less money, but it also fosters an environment that is highly conducive to learning for new traders, and a place that experienced traders feel comfortable in.

This place is obviously yours, so you can do as you please, but I would strongly encourage you to focus on content and moderation verses monetization. The biggest contributors to this forum weren't always here; rather, they came from other trading forums where business interests often conflicted with a safe discussion environment.

Atto,

I'm with you - we're on the same page. I trade every single day. My business partner trades daily as well. I currently trade Crude Oil, Dax Futures, and forex - usually GBPUSD though lately have looked a bit at BP and EC Futures.

I wish I had more time to manage my stock investments and that's an objective of mine for this year -- what happened in the markets just a few days ago was a strong reminder of why I need to take more control of the mid to longer term as I'm usually focused on the short-term.

The good news is we've been doing it for many years and definitely understand what you, the trader goes through -- and have experienced all the peaks and valleys. Thanks for the contribution, I hope you keep coming back and doors always open to ideas and suggestions to maintaining this professional trader's community. And hopefully, bringing more people to the site. The more we have participating, the more value for all.

Thanks!