Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

chaotic1

Broker

Hello all. Not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but it seems like the best place to ask.

I am looking for a broker who specializes in trading options in the futures market. I found three. One requires more to fund than I have. Another has a style and service that I am not sure fits me at this time. The last one (Option Investments Inc) there seems to be some reason to be sceptical, although I have not recieved a reason why.

I currently trade options in the cash indexes, typically I will sell a credit spread on one side or do an Iron Condor. Sometimes I will buy straight out calls and puts, but never have I sold a debit spread. This trading style I have done very successfully paper trading as well as live (although not as well as on paper :(). I would like to replicate this style in the futures market.

I recently opened an account with RJO but they seem more suited to those who day trade the futures not for traders who trade options. Mostly I don't like their charting. If I could use a third party software like NT, than I would be more likely to give them a go. When speaking to the broker/salesman at RJO, he was not even aware of third party software like NT, optionvue, etc. Seems odd but they seem to be well known/recognized in TA of Stocks and Commodities. Perhaps I should go with IB, TS, Options Express, or some other?

Because of the nature of my job, I think I would rather a full service type of broker who would be able to take a trade off if the trade has made its profits or is at the stop loss limit. This is what has impressed me about Options Investments. Or they are very good salesman who knew exactly what I needed, even though I never told them at first.

I will be speaking again with Option Investments later this week. The RJO guy calls three times a day wondering when I will fund even though told him roughly when I would send the funds, this alone makes me want to leave these guys.

Please advise with your two cents :2c:, thank you.

Chaotic,

thinkorswim is great for options trading. They aren't the cheapest on the commissions but the tools that they make available on their platform are fantastic. I have traded with them for 6 years now/ Interactive brokers would be my second choice.

Cuttshot