Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

chaotic1

Opvest - Option Investments Inc

:newbie:

I am looking for comments regarding the reputability of opvest.

I had a conversation with one of their brokers regarding the full service side and it sounds like they have a trading style similar to my own. The primary benefit is there would be someone who can monitor my positions when I am out of town and cannot monitor them. I am not a futures trader but have wanted to move into the futures market. I would start with a small sum and see how they do. Regardless of how well things work out I would likely always trade the bulk of my funds myself. The fees seem high, but should be worthwhile given the benefits if it all works out.

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience. :2c:

Edit: I recently opened an account with RJO Futures but do not feel they can meet my needs and am uncomfortable with their order setup and charting. Opvest seems more streamlined and easier to use, sort of like they set it up with the option trader in mind. Also Opvest can use third party software like NT and Option Vue (I don't have either but plan to get NT and/or Option Vue at some point). When speaking with a fellow at RJO the broker did not even know about NT and third party software. My RJO account is not funded.

Currently I mostly sell credit spreads on the cash indexes. Sometimes I will buy puts or calls if I think the market will move sufficiently to make it worthwhile. I don't buy debit spreads.

Thanks again.

Edited by chaotic1

Why would you stay away from them Tam? Just curious.

They look OK on the NFA's website

are you associated or related to opvest? (directly or indirectly, employed, hired, contracted, sub-contracted, agency, etc.,?)

Edited by Tams

Tams, do you have a broker whom you would recommend that would meet my needs (as best as you can understand from my previous post)? Perhaps I should stick with RJO.

It seems difficult to find futures brokers who can meet my needs/wants. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding something. I would appreciate any advice. But I must be honest, it will be hard to go against one negative opinion. You may after all just had a bad experience.

Thanks for your replies.

Speaking of Futures Brokers... I got a call today from someone named Linda from "Wilson Futures and Options" I am considering opening an account with her, but was wondering if anyone here knows anything about her company?