Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Yakalfer

Auto Trading with MultiCharts on Forex Market

For months, I try to use the Auto Trading with MultiCharts on the forex market.

The strategy itself is fine and gives correct results in backtest mode and real time mode on FXCM data provided by IQFeed.

The problem appears when I try to use the automated trading on FXCM account.

The strategy does not calculate at all the exit price in the same way as in 'Real Time' Mode.

The one and only difference I see between the two situations is that in local mode, the strategy uses fxcm data provided by iqfeed, while in Auto Trading the strategy uses Real-Time Data from Broker (fxcm broker in my case...)

And the only parameter associated with the data and may justify the errors of calculation could be the Big Point Value (BPV) of the instrument.

In the case of data used locally, the fxcm data provided by iqfeed, the BPV is set to 1, and verifiable through QuoteManager.

But in the case of Real-Time Data from Broker used by Auto Trading, I have no way of knowing what is used as the BPV ...

Assuming that the BPV is say, 10000, how can my strategy runs well in Real Time Mode (BPV=1) AND in Auto Trading Mode (BPV = 10000)?

Briefly, what is the solution to my strategy has the same behavior with two values of BPV??

Thank you in advance !

Edited by Yakalfer

Not sure I understand the problem. You will have separate quote manager entries for IQFEED & FXCM. Each should have the appropriate BPV set. If you can't quickly work out the value for FXCM by trial and error then contact support@tssuport.com they are most helpful.

Thank you for this answer!

Indeed, tssupport has solved my problem.

However, I would like to know if there are on this forum, traders who use MC in Automatic Trading on a Forex account, to share with them the pitfalls and tips on this topic ...

You may need to check the price scale and minimum move settings for the Forex pair in QuoteManager - if the are left to the defaults, the BPV, Round2Fraction, etc may return unexpected results. This fixed a similar problem for me - good luck!

Hi

I needed some help on building an automated system either in Multicharts or ninja trader. I need to start by just looking at looking for 3 consecutive bullish bars on a range chart to give me a signal ..

Can you guys help me with how to accomplish this?

Regards

V