Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Jumbo123

Today's Pivot

Hello all to your expert tradestation programmers,

I have another request if you are willing to assist me. I would like to see a horizontal line that represents today's pivot. Pivot is (high + low + close)/3. Since price continues to move, this horizontal line should move along with the market. Let's use ES.D as an example. On Friday at 10:30 AM EST, ES closed at 1205.25. At that time, the high of the day was 1210.25 and the low of the day was 1201.25. Therefore, a horizontal line should be drawn at (1210.25 + 1201.25 + 1205.25)/3 ~ = 1205.50. Let's say at 3:30 pm EST. ES closed at 1211. ES has made new high before 3:30 pm at 1212.25. Therefore, that line would have risen throughout the day and draw at (1212.25 + 1201.25 + 1211)/3 ~ = 1208 at 3:30 pm EST.

The purpose of this indicator is to indentify the bullishness or the bearishness of the market. In fact, if it's possible, it will be super sweet to paint the horizontal line green when the price is trading above this ever changing pivot line and paint it red when the price is trading below this pivot line.

Also for another trading purpose, more often than not, price tends to go up or go down to today's pivot towards the close. If this line is drawn, as a trader, I can look for this trade in the afternoon.

Please advise. Thank you.

Jumbo

Hello,

Tradethemarkets.com has a rolling pivot indicator for sale....It keeps adjusting the daily pivots during the day I believe.....I have never used it but I do have their auto pivot indicator and it is superb.

Regards,

Lg

After spending almost 4k on John Clayburg's "universal system" and totally wasted my money, I swore to myself that John Carter's group will never get another dime out of me. There are plenty of great programmers who don't mind contributing their expertise on this website.

Hi,

I have been a member of Tradethemarkets.com for many years. I have received many free webinars from them that have helped me tremendously in my trading. Next week, all members are getting a free gold trading webinar after hours from Hubert, who is an excellent gold trader....Over the years I have seen John and Hubert and some of their other moderators go above and beyond with their time helping people.

I have also worked with Dr. Clayburg and I was not very sucessfull with the Universal system either. It just was too complicated for me and I was unable to be very profitsble with it. I leased it though instead of purhased it so, my loss for the product was signifigantly less than yours. However I have seen Dr. Clayburg issue refunds at times if things haven't worked out, and I personally received more than 1 over the years on software, which is unheard of in this industry, so I can personally attest to their honesty and attempts to help people with their trading. I never saw the ad you were talking about, but I agree with you 1000% it is a disgrace and embarrassing and I am surprised Hubert did it. He can barely read the copy! I would bet that he is sorry that he did something, that truthfully to me, seems out of character to the ways they have run their business over the years.

I have no intention of being an apologist for tradethemarkets.com but other than the controversy over who wrote some of their indicators( people say they copied public domain ones and charged for them...they now claim they took the public domain ones and reworked them. It does seem that over the years they have moved from saying they did write them, to now saying they modified the public domain ones, but that all is definitely open to discussion). I have both the public domain ones and the commercial ones, and there is some differences between them, but it appears to be pretty minor from a cursory test at best from myself. Other than that controversy, my point to all of this, is that I have had very good experiences overall with them. I have been to many of their paid online webinars and have learned alot. I have been to a few that were pretty lousy as well, but most of them were excellent and worth the money

Obviously the key to remember is they are a business and will sometimes be quite guilty of poor decisions regarding advertising and how they go about promoting themselves. I have seen John Carter often introduce something " new and exciting" just before a paid webinar to get people to sign up, but hey that's American capitalism!..And he can be sublte because he is very smart! . However, from my own experiences, I have been treated totally fairly and honestly by them, and any problem I have ever had with them, has been resolved fully and fairly, and always in my favor...so...I might discuss your problem with them if too much time hasn't passed. I would guess a solution might be possible that would leave you feling less angry?

Good luck in your trading,

Lg

Always made me smile how TTM where happy to sell stuff that they had pinched from the public domain. Rather calls into question their integrity I always thought.

A live pivot is pretty trivial to be honest, I am sure someone will be able to help. Just about to run out the door or I would write one for you here and now.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I can see where you are coming from. However, in life and in business, you got one chance to make a first impression. With their agressive and snake oil marketing tactics and my own personal purchase experience, it will be hard for me to change my mind about them. There is very little doubt that they are very smart people and great capitalists. They teamed up with Clayburg for system trading and get Carolyn Boroden the fib queen to be listed along with them to share marketing expense and create synergy for profits. However, my impression is and always will be that they care about their business and profits first while us little traders' success second. I am glad that you had a good experience with them and I hope they continue to deliver.

Are you serious? Somebody actually charges for a "rolling pivot" indicator?

I use sierra charts and I just add a study "variable period indicator" and adjust the variable period to any timeframe i like.

I have used amibroker, ensign and a few other charting platforms and was able to accomplish this with all of them for FREE. My most profitable trading strategy involved a rolling 4 hr pivot with corn. It was an ATM machine during the bull run of 08.

I am sure if you do your homework you can get rolling pivots on just about any platform for little or no cost.

Keep in mind a lot of people are simply jealous or just plain pissed off that they aren't making $3 million / yr like Carter, Senters and the rest of the TTM folks using those rebranded public domain indicators.

It's still a free market capitalist society (for the moment), so I say, more power to them.