Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

oleg

3 Questions for Pros

lol I know that test I know al of them. Did you care to read all the posts in the discussion..No of course not..sorry but it's no wonder why some people never succeed in the trading game. they have not learned how to read yet.. Read first..I will give you a hint maybe 10% of that amount is actually the EA working the rest is manually! The trader tells you that most of his account was trade manually this is why you will have problems trying to understand what is going on when you see those very large equity build ups..

randy

What would you say about this:

www.adry-fx.blogspot.com System | Myfxbook

Account: real

Gain Daily: 14.42%

Monthly:431.86%

Doesn't it contridict to your statement?

Thanks

Edited by randy1953

Actually your post and the other gentleman posts are far closer to the truth of thing.

The other posts well are like kids saying na na na I got you or something stupid..

This is the absolute truth when it comes to doing well with a EA, any EA. You will not hear this from really anyone well maybe a few but it's info that is rare.

There is only one way that you will be successful over the long haul with a EA trading your account. You need to treat your EA as a equal partner in all aspects. Just like your EA was another person helping you trade a account.

Lets say you have a partner for years well one thing for sure you would know him /her so well that you would know what they would do before they do it right? Well this is the way you need to know your EA . You always need to be one step ahead. This is only the beginning. Picture this your kids who are young and going to school hear the Fire alarm go off in school. What happens first thing that happens are the teachers get hold of there class and lead the kids outside while other teachers stay in the hallway making sure no kid is left behind. What you you think would happen if there were no teachers just kids.

My money would be on it becomes Chaos with no direction etc. This is exactly what happens when a person uses a EA like a martingale and gets a large dd. they have no idea what to do, they are froze to the fact that they are helpless and they do the worst thing possible and that is to sit and hope. the end result most of the time is blown accounts.

So what I do and I am just beginning a mentors ship program where I will take a few students and show them how they can escape. This is never taught. You have one section of folks who use a EA and never intervene because they think it's scared and just let the thing run and another section that would love to fix the problem but has no idea how.

I have created a technique that will give a person the ability and confidence to get themselves out when they have a large dd if not stop will blow there account.

Now thaat you know this go back and look at my live chart again. Notice at certain times it dropped quite a bit . Those are the times I tested my system when my account was around a 30% dd. Actually it's not easy to get my EA to have a 30% dd so I needed to wait until it happens. It's not pretty but as you can see the account recovered fine.

You tell me how much you think it's worth to know this skill. To know that you can take a good martingale EA or a similar EA that does cost averaging and know that if it gets too bad you can get out of it.

I will give you a hint. This type of instructions is worth the price of a hundred good EAs maybe more.

When you approach trading a account with a EA like this then and only then can you correctly say that your in control not the EA..

Randy

:rofl: I wonder if some of these systems you read about ever worked at all!

You and Randy raise an interesting point. Whilst systematic trading can remove emotion from the day to day executing there is still a lot of discretion involved.

When do you trade your system, when do you change the parameters, when do you retire it, when do you resurrect it again?

I guess some systems are somewhat adaptive and might have subsystems depending on market condition (trending or sideways for example). Still there are decisions that need to be made and a level of knowledge (about the markets and the system) to make them effectively. No ATM's sadly.

Edited by randy1953

So what I do and I am just beginning a mentors ship program where I will take a few students and show them how they can escape. This is never taught. You have one section of folks who use a EA and never intervene because they think it's scared and just let the thing run and another section that would love to fix the problem but has no idea how.

I have created a technique that will give a person the ability and confidence to get themselves out when they have a large dd if not stop will blow there account.

Randy

I'll pass on the mentorship program .... thanks

Promoting a live testing account with large drawdowns over just a few months, telling people they are kids, telling them they are jealous, ..... I dont know it just does not sound like a great deal.

good luck with it.

Sorry but it's the way some of you react..you consider 16 % this is a large dd you make me laugh what do you trade maybe marbles?..I came here only to help and was met with all the actions that children have when they do not get their own way..now you can call it what you want..it's really a shame..

I'm not promoting anything here and would appreciate that you stop lying and assuming..just one more nail in the coffin of what I am dealing with here..

Any how I am out of here you do not deserve what I have to give so just make use of what you have..good luck with that

randy

I'll pass on the mentorship program .... thanks

Promoting a live testing account with large drawdowns over just a few months, telling people they are kids, telling them they are jealous, ..... I dont know it just does not sound like a great deal.

good luck with it.

You get what you give out..

You 2 remind me of barking dogs it's only after you leave they bark..brave souls you are..

Maybe next time you will learn not to put down something that you know so little about and also it's not nice . I have not said one word here about trading futures and the problems with do so and there are problems but I remained quiet when you supposedly adult people took pot shots at my trading platform,calling almost every broker a bookie etc etc.

grow up..

I am out of here for good you will never know what you lost and it suits me fine..

randy

Actually. I'll add my vote to that.

Randy. Go back to FF ... you have added nothing but irritation and noise. Go away.

Sorry but it's the way some of you react..you consider 16 % this is a large dd you make me laugh what do you trade maybe marbles?..I came here only to help and was met with all the actions that children have when they do not get their own way..now you can call it what you want..it's really a shame..

I'm not promoting anything here and would appreciate that you stop lying and assuming..just one more nail in the coffin of what I am dealing with here..

Any how I am out of here you do not deserve what I have to give so just make use of what you have..good luck with that

randy

1) Actually your system went back further than the "start date" you mentioned and the drawdown was nudging around the 68% mark. I was just going off your own site link and asking a legitimate question....instead I get attacked by you

you answered that prior to March it was just a test system.... fair enough.

I wonder if you would be able to show the actual back tested results over a meaningful period of time, as given you clearly know a lot about it then surely you would understand that a larger data set than a few months is required to adequately judge a system.

2) if you are not promoting anything, why then in your own words talk about your mentorship.... how am I lying and assuming?.... I just quoted what you wrote.

You are probably right we dont deserve the abuse, the confusion, the advice that so far has just aggravated most people. I for one are happy to make the most of the resources I have available here, and welcome any new ideas and discussions that actually contribute and add to those.

thanks for reaffirming this for me Randy

Edited by DugDug

Well, people who do it, do not think there is discretion involved, in spite of the fact that systems need to constantly be tweaked.

That is exercising discretion. :) When to tweak, how much by etc. etc. A fully systematic trader needs to exercise discretion it is just not in the entry and exit department.

As someone doing both I'd say that adapting a system to changing markets doesn't fit my definitions of discretion in the sense of "discretionary trading."

If you exercised discretion with a system it would relate to "this trade." So if I say "conditions are too volatile for the system or the market is really still going down even though the system has flipped to longs" and override it ... then that is discretion.

If, however, I say "over the last week the stats are looking bad" and then look to see if key parameters no longer match the market then consider some form of adjustment that is not discretion. More of an adaption. I know you are exercising discretion but you are not exercising it with respect to individual trades. The weakness of the english language and I suppose the legit reason why some guru's add there own words.

I guess I'm saying discretion is a real time action and system adaption is not.

I'd agree, just a difference in nomenclature. I think every one would broadly agree on what a discretionary trader is...someone who uses discretion with entries and exits.

All I am saying is that even systems traders have to exercise discretion on various other aspects of trading (some of which I mentioned). This requires some knowledge of market behaviour and the systems behaviour. I would probably call these guys and gals 'systems traders'. I am not saying they are 'discretionary traders'. While they have the luxury of playing golf while their system places trades that does not mean that they do not have decisions to make or discretion to exercise:).