Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

forexrus

Zulutrade

Hello, does any one here have an experience with zulutrade? Like how can i choose a decent signal provider, or settings i should use etc?

Ive searched in their site for a guide, but there isnt anything...

thanks

Thanks for the reply!

Ive already gone through their FAQ page, but it doesnt explain many things about how their system works...

Like the ranking of the signal providers and what settings should be used?

Also hedging and scalping is allowed?

Hi! A little late response, but i just discovered this forum :)

Hedging is allowed, depending on the broker you choose. Non-US brokers allow hedging. If you live outside the US you wont have a problem.

Scalping doesnt really work with zulutrade though...

Hello. I'm live with ZuluTrade and I wish to get in touch with other users to share winning strategies. To get my ZuluTrade Advanced Settings just drop an email to (Moderator: Please no email distribution, people can private message you - email address removed)

With the recent performance of the No1 provider in followers, fly on the wall and the impact he may had in many accounts (leading them to losses or a margin call), Id like to recommend some settings for him:

2 max open positions and depending on the lot size you use, 1 lots per position. This way you can follow his strategy to keep the trades open until they reach positive. This provider does not use a safe stop value, which is quite risky, but I think he is in knowledge of the market he is trading (GBP/JPY pair only)

PT multistation trading platform also has a trading community (called BeTrade) but, unlike Zulu, the community is within the platform itself, where you can share signals, sell signals, search for frinds to follow based on trading criteria (market, performance history, instruments, etc), view other traders' performances, etc...

With the recent performance of the No1 provider in followers, fly on the wall and the impact he may had in many accounts (leading them to losses or a margin call), Id like to recommend some settings for him:

2 max open positions and depending on the lot size you use, 1 lots per position. This way you can follow his strategy to keep the trades open until they reach positive. This provider does not use a safe stop value, which is quite risky, but I think he is in knowledge of the market he is trading (GBP/JPY pair only)

I dont think he is a good signal provider, I dont know why so many people follow him.

I suggest you look for a provider that sets a stop/limit, isnt obsessed with 100% winning trades and has a low DD.

There are much better providers out there, you just need to look for them :cool:

PT multistation trading platform also has a trading community (called BeTrade) but, unlike Zulu, the community is within the platform itself, where you can share signals, sell signals, search for frinds to follow based on trading criteria (market, performance history, instruments, etc), view other traders' performances, etc...

That's quite interesting, i think it's worth trying

maybe you're right! But I think that we should work on your system! I did this: he took no tracer expert, optimize it, ran a test and picked up the indicators give accurate signals and is ready

Yeah but it is not web based, so you cant access it from anywhere...plus I dont understand how do they get paid?

They get paid by pips. I don't remember exactly how much. I think it was an 1/8 of a pip per 4 or something like that.

Well I still find zulutrade much more user friendly. Plus the stats and performance of providers are very clearly presented so one can see exactly each providers trading trend.

Providers in zulu are also paid in pips/trade i think 0.4 or something. I dont know will have to look into both more.

If you have a live account you should get the new desktop widget! Pretty useful real-time live account monitoring tool, without the need to be logged in the zulu page!

Also they changed their demo system and demos are fully customizable

They get paid by pips. I don't remember exactly how much. I think it was an 1/8 of a pip per 4 or something like that.

The usual deal is 1/2 in, 1/2 out. Unless they do a huge amount of volume.

Then they could probably negotiate a better deal.

Searching around other forex forums I found an interesting post on how to select good provider, I paste it here:

-look for providers that trade from a live account (green or blue $ next to their profile)

-DD in pips (not %) less than 2k pips or %DD less than 30%

-average pips/trade more than 20

-average trade time around 2-3hours but no less than 30mins

-trading more than 15weeks

-check which broker the provider is using compared to mine and look at the slippage charts.

-Monthly PnL (very important IMO).

Think its quite an interesting method :)

Thats one problem I face with zulu too. I dont know, try various settings/providers on your demo to see :)

Personally I dont set a custom stop but I set a custom limit, but not with all providers.

Dont risk too much though

Ok, I think now I get it! You allow small lots and trades each time for the providers, so you can have enough margin available and not hit a margin call, until the trades go green? At least thats what 2 providers I have on my demo do

There are two ways to deal with this and benefit:

1. Only allow 1-2 max open positions and calculate how much margin you will need for this provider

2. Avoid providers that leave their trades open until they go green and use providers that set a S/L and trade from a live account (green $ next to their profile)