Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

forexrus

Zulutrade

corniforex, i searched for you on among the traders but your account is not there anymore...i think your went wrong somewhere along the lines with trading...i guess one can not always adapt strategies to the zulutrade and the brokers requirements ......

Hi guys :)

I was looking at zulutrade site and signal provider’ performances when jumped out to me a particular that I’m not able to understand and concern some signal provider.

I can’t understand how zulutrade calculates the performances…

Here following a screenshot showing what I’m referring to precisely:

wrongcalculation.jpg

The Total PnL (that stands for Profits and Losses) is calculated this way: sum of all closed positions in a given month + sum of all floating positions in that month.

Let’s take as example the current month, January 2013, as we can see from the screenshot there are no current open positions (so floating = 0), the only trade done in 2013 have been closed with a 34.8 pips loss.

So why the Total PnL for January 2013 quotes -69.2 pips loss?

Have you guys any idea about that?

Many thanks.

Hi guys :)

I was looking at zulutrade site and signal provider’ performances when jumped out to me a particular that I’m not able to understand and concern some signal provider.

I can’t understand how zulutrade calculates the performances…

Here following a screenshot showing what I’m referring to precisely:

wrongcalculation.jpg

The Total PnL (that stands for Profits and Losses) is calculated this way: sum of all closed positions in a given month + sum of all floating positions in that month.

Let’s take as example the current month, January 2013, as we can see from the screenshot there are no current open positions (so floating = 0), the only trade done in 2013 have been closed with a 34.8 pips loss.

So why the Total PnL for January 2013 quotes -69.2 pips loss?

Have you guys any idea about that?

Many thanks.

can you tell us which providers are you talking about? cuz it doesnt show the total history...the monthly PnL might be a bit higher from a previous negative trade..thats what;s comes to my mind at least for now ....:)

can you tell us which providers are you talking about? cuz it doesnt show the total history...the monthly PnL might be a bit higher from a previous negative trade..thats what;s comes to my mind at least for now ....:)

Hi William,

anyway it's just an example, indeed I've seen this apparently wrong calculation in many other SP.

The history is in chronological order, so the -34.8 pips trade is the only one done (or better, closed) in Jan 2013, no othe trades to calculate.

Moreover that trade since the new year have only recovered the loss, starting from an about -80pips (at the fisrt quotation of the Jan 2th) and ending at -34.8pips = +45.2pips "theoretical" profit for Jan 2013.

So I really can't understand hao that calculation have been done :confused:

ohhh i see, you are asking the moving trend of the trade...as I user i can only see the opening and closing date and the corresponding entry exit levels.

those "-80pips".....where do you see them exactly?......dont forget there is a roll-over fee of the broker (-0.62) for that trade......but anyhow, why so much fuss about one trade?

talk to support - both zulutrade and your broker to investigate this difference. zulutrade doesnt give you currencies fluctuations it is your broker that calculates the trafe profit/loss and the rest is represented cummulatively in your PnL account, so I know of course.

ohhh i see, you are asking the moving trend of the trade...as I user i can only see the opening and closing date and the corresponding entry exit levels.

those "-80pips".....where do you see them exactly?......dont forget there is a roll-over fee of the broker (-0.62) for that trade......but anyhow, why so much fuss about one trade?

talk to support - both zulutrade and your broker to investigate this difference. zulutrade doesnt give you currencies fluctuations it is your broker that calculates the trafe profit/loss and the rest is represented cummulatively in your PnL account, so I know of course.

-80pips is the difference between entry level minus the first quotation of the new year (and obviously new month, Jan 2013). So practically -80pips (as I understand) had to be calculated in the Dec 2012 total PnL, and consequently 45.2 (80-34.8) in the total PnL for Jan 2013.

The roll-over I think are already taken into account (not sure) but anyway doesn't explain this difference.

I made this example precisely because here we have just one trade to analyze and so the calculations are much easier to do an to check...but as I said I found these discrepancies in many SP and regarding many trades...so I'm asking if I'm making wrong calculations or I'm missing something..

I doubt its wrong, obviously you missing something here.

1.25548(exit) - 1.25896 (entry) = - 34.80 pips. 2 days trade - the roll over fee not taken into consideration, as well as any market opening and closing price in between. simple as that.

which other SPs calculation you are having any doubts ??

1.25548(exit) - 1.25896 (entry) = - 34.80 pips. 2 days trade - the roll over fee not taken into consideration, as well as any market opening and closing price in between. simple as that.

Ok, let's suppose that the entire trade is referred to January 2013 (and not just the "second part" of the trade) the pips loss is -34.80.

Let's add the roll over fee of 0.62$ (as reported in the statement) for a 0.13 lots where 34.8pips correspond to 38.49$ => (34.8*0.62)/38.49 = 0.56 pips rollover fee

theoretical total PnL for Jan 2013 = -34.80 - 0.56 = -35.36 pips

reported performance of total PnL for Jan 2013 = -69.2 pips

33.84 pips difference for just one trade! (if I'm right obviously)

which other SPs calculation you are having any doubts ??

this one for example is even more evident: ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - Scalping Raptor

No rollover fee.

Just 3 trades.

Correct total pips: 8

Reported total PnL: -5.9

scalpingraptorwrongcalc.jpg

yeah right, I got your point ........what you are spamming with things that do not exist. checked both versions of the website and they both show a postitive profit of +7.9 pips.

What are you trying to do? you did a screen shot at some point that it was showing wrong and draw a conclution that is it wrong??

and as for the math that you are trying to do is ridiculous seriously.....you cant want a monthly PnL graph to be to the point exact before the month is closed and all the broker's entry exit are set and calcualted.

After that, if this was wrong, which is obviously not, everybody will be screaming, talking and complainging about it, like everywhere!! :doh:

yeah right, I got your point ........what you are spamming with things that do not exist. checked both versions of the website and they both show a postitive profit of +7.9 pips.

the total profit for sure, but what about the total monthly PnL? (that was the parameter I was pointing out).

To tell the truth I've just checked and the second SP I posted and the total PnL have been updated correctly (fortunatelly I saved a screenshot, proof that I'm not a fool).

Stil wrong (IMHO) the first.

What are you trying to do? you did a screen shot at some point that it was showing wrong and draw a conclution that is it wrong??

I'm just trying to understand if my calculations are wrong and, if so, why

and as for the math that you are trying to do is ridiculous seriously.....you cant want a monthly PnL graph to be to the point exact before the month is closed and all the broker's entry exit are set and calcualted.

:\ i don't think we understand eachother

as far as I know the total PnL have to be updated with at most 1 day delay, or I'm wrong again?

After that, if this was wrong, which is obviously not, everybody will be screaming, talking and complainging about it, like everywhere!! :doh:

what is the point? I thought people could post here about matter related to the thread object, both good or bad...

If I have a doubt and ask information in an indipendent forum like this, and the doubt aren't explained yet (because my math doesn't seem so ridicolous to me, but as I said maybe I'm wrong) what is the problem?

Plus is good thing to know for SP, considering that their payment from zulu are decided upon the "total PnL for each month": if positive zulu pays, if negative zulu don't pays...

PS. I have absolutely no polemic intent anyway :)

Yeah but it got updated! seems your intention is to pick up on things that arent there and present misleading information. :spam::spam:

Again trust me, if there was any misrepresentation in the PnL calculations people would've been talking about it in every forum in every thread , even in the regulated ones.

I strongly support the non-paying rules - providers should NoT be compensated when they burst our accounts into flames.:helloooo:

so, at the endi you did not tell me........are you a follower or you are a trader?

Yeah but it got updated! seems your intention is to pick up on things that arent there and present misleading information. :spam::spam:

Again trust me, if there was any misrepresentation in the PnL calculations people would've been talking about it in every forum in every thread , even in the regulated ones.

belive me I'm definitely not a spammer.

In fact it seems strange that noone else had the same doubt...maybe noone looked at it, I don't know..anyway since my calculations seems correct to me I still have the doubt

I strongly support the non-paying rules - providers should NoT be compensated when they burst our accounts into flames.:helloooo:

I strongly support that rule too! As long as the calculations are correct...otherwise the very few good SP may decide to stop doing businnes with zulutrade

so, at the endi you did not tell me........are you a follower or you are a trader?

Currently neither of the two, but I was thinking about becoming a SP...first I wanted to know if it's worthwhile though :)

please save you and us(your fulture followers) a lot of trouble of becoming a trader. seems you are still learning the process of trading.read and read a lot before choosing a broker and calculating entry and exit levels and roll over fees. better stick to manual trading and out of the forums and things you tend to understand wrong.

please save you and us(your fulture followers) a lot of trouble of becoming a trader. seems you are still learning the process of trading.read and read a lot before choosing a broker and calculating entry and exit levels and roll over fees. better stick to manual trading and out of the forums and things you tend to understand wrong.

Even if it seems you are still learning the addition and subtraction calculation I respect you opinion.

I still think my calculation are right and you havn't prooved me wrong yet.

Anyway don't warry about me as a trader, I'm more and more convinced that becoming a serious zulutrader's SP isn't not worthwile on average IMHO.

Best regards

not worth to you of course!

there are others that are making a lot of money on both sides. you know if smth is not working doesnt make it bad.....like me and poker - cant understand it but i know and see people making hugeeeee money out of it. ;)

regards to you to and good luck trading. :)

i'm following everyone with 0.5 lots , xiaolidao i have with 7 max trades , kama -spot with 4 , and Jankovsky , Raduga with 5 . Thats my personal settings based on my solid equity , if your equity is not big (couple of thousands or less) i would limit those settings more.

That why i was telling you about the equity , your equity must be good in order to accept so many trades , otherwise use less. Xiaolidao unfortunately failed today :S but i have made a lot of pips by following him so this loss wont make me disconnect this guy.