Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

martinguitar

Putting Together a Beginner Trading Group

Alright guys! Here we go.. I've seen this post for sometime; looks like Martin flew the coup!

Let's get to this..

I like Mad Market Scientist's recommendation.

I'm from Los Angeles and would be happy to take over where Martin left off.

I don't know too much myself, been at this for a year.

Let's start the first Chat on Sunday, September 26th, 2010 2:30pm PDT. We'll meet for 30mins and discuss Charting Platforms and Trading Instruments. Click on the "Chat" tab, and search for group name "Beginner26" The 26 is for the date if you guys were wondering.

How does this Sound?

Trader Nick,

Good idea to just finally get it going. I will put a reminder into our weekly email that goes out on the top posts. We'll get that in there next week and hopefully help you gather more traders for the discussion and sharing of ideas.

Thanks.

MMS

Alright guys! Here we go.. I've seen this post for sometime; looks like Martin flew the coup!

Let's get to this..

I like Mad Market Scientist's recommendation.

I'm from Los Angeles and would be happy to take over where Martin left off.

I don't know too much myself, been at this for a year.

Let's start the first Chat on Sunday, September 26th, 2010 2:30pm PDT. We'll meet for 30mins and discuss Charting Platforms and Trading Instruments. Click on the "Chat" tab, and search for group name "Beginner26" The 26 is for the date if you guys were wondering.

How does this Sound?

Guest lenco12
Yup, me too - thanks.

What you all need is someone to step up and say they will lead the charge on this.

What we could do is say have a meeting time/day in the TL Chat where the topic is going to be Beginner Trader -- maybe it meets weekly or more? Perhaps an hour or so. If someone wants to try and get this organized feel free to private message me. I'll make sure it gets distributed in our weekly email we send out to everyone as well as posted on site.

Hey, sounds like a great idea you have brewing here! I won't have as much to contribute until I'm done with my "civilian job" but when I get up and running I can't wait to be a part of this.

Happy trading:beer:

Hello I am very interested in joining such a group.

Thank you!

I don't think you need a private group to do this. If you keep it open, others may contribute and help the cause as well. I've learned in my time here that some like to contribute right away and some like to lurk a bit before contributing.

Good luck!

So I see that the first meeting was a bust.

For you beginners out there, (imo) THIS BOOK is one of the best for making it in this career...or any competitive one for that matter.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom.

I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.
Edited by Hlm

Well, it had appeared there was a volunteer(s) to be in the room and we did promote it in the email newsletter.

Not sure if people didn't show up or the people who announced the date/time didn't appear.

I could of course volunteer to moderate something if people would show up -- so I'm not sure what happened on the 26th since we were just providing the chat room and the announcement in the newsletter to encourage people to attend.

There always seems to be a lot of beginners who state they want to participate -- it might be a different story when it comes to showing up and being pro-active but I'm still willing to help this and we can try again if need be.

Let me know.

MMS

It's a great book - Outliers. The very best chapter as it applies to traders I believe is the 10,000 hours discussion. It will really ring true to experienced traders, and if you're a beginner it will act as an important reminder of the road ahead of you. It's worth it if you can stick to it with trading, but it helps to be realstic about the effort it will take to get there.

MMS