Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

martinguitar

Putting Together a Beginner Trading Group

I want to form a group for beginner traders. We will all watch similar markets and trade price action. We will help each other learn and share our findings. We'll do this is a chat room and a yahoo group type deal. Anyone interested in doing this then private message me.

Again, the idea is to help each other. We can learn a hell of a lot faster if we do it as a team. Most don't have access to a mentor, so we will help each other.

I respectfully ask people to leave this thread alone if you only want to put down such an idea. I think working together in a constructive manner has merit.

P.s. I am 100% serious about this. If you are not 100% committed to becoming a full-time trader, then don't bother sending me a message.

I'll be posting this message on several forums.

I don't think you need a private group to do this. If you keep it open, others may contribute and help the cause as well. I've learned in my time here that some like to contribute right away and some like to lurk a bit before contributing.

Good luck!

What you all need is someone to step up and say they will lead the charge on this.

What we could do is say have a meeting time/day in the TL Chat where the topic is going to be Beginner Trader -- maybe it meets weekly or more? Perhaps an hour or so. If someone wants to try and get this organized feel free to private message me. I'll make sure it gets distributed in our weekly email we send out to everyone as well as posted on site.

Thanks.

There seems to be a lot of interest for this.

My top suggestion would be for someone to come forward and offer to lead/organize it.

All you would need to do is say something like on "Thursday, July 15th at 9:30am EST let's all meet in the Trader's Lab Chat Room (which is accessed by hitting CHAT in the main navigation menu above) --

Just give some notice, and have people meet up at that time/place and start the introductions and discussion.

From there you can all decide on a direction and perhaps to meet weekly or more regular at a same place/same time, etc...

If there's interest or someone wants to take the lead just let me and the thread know. Thanks!

Madmarket, I would be happy to help out. I'm a 20+ year options trader and would enjoy helping the newbies out. As I mentioned in another post, I don't trade contracts so I can't offer any advice specifically regarding how to trade futures but I can certainly explain the mindset of a trader and money mtg. (ie. how to not to blow up an account)

Johnny