Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

emg

Emini S&P 500 Day Trading Journal

out. profit 35pts. average price was 1097

ROTFLMAO... you are so predictable.

"oh you mean I didn't tell you I was SHORT ???"

"oh wait a minute, was it LONG ???? "

LOL

ROTFLMAO... you are so predictable.

"oh you mean I didn't tell you I was SHORT ???"

"oh wait a minute, was it LONG ???? "

LOL

let me ask u this. were u trading live during late 2008 and early 2009?

oh its real. make sure the emotion is controls

1 thing about many people do not understand is, do not open an account $5K in order to trade futures. $100K is the minimum to open a futures account.

Many people do not realize the risk involves trading in the futures market.

1 thing about many people do not understand is, do not open an account $5K in order to trade futures. $100K is the minimum to open a futures account.

Many people do not realize the risk involves trading in the futures market.

if the fund managers are trading million dollar margins, why would a small traders trade with only $5000 in the account?

i would never trade any futures markets with less than $100K

if the fund managers are trading million dollar margins, why would a small traders trade with only $5000 in the account?

i would never trade any futures markets with less than $100K

We will have more these kinds of days. Let me ask u this. where u there when the live cattles market went limit down 4 days in a row during the mad cow diease in 2003? Were u there when beans went limit up and down in 2005 every week? Were u there when the stock market crashed in 2008?

With less than $100K in the account, i am killed.

so if it didnt rebound would you just keep averaging and averaging?

it will rebound. that is the nature. i first started trading in the futures and stock markets in 1981. In 1983, was the worst ever i experienced. I lost more than $300K all because i didnt believe the market rebound on a single day. i almost did that again in 1987 stock marke crashed. those lesson taught me the market will rebound, but at a great cost/loss

it will rebound. that is the nature. i first started trading in the futures and stock markets in 1981. In 1983, was the worst ever i experienced. I lost more than $300K all because i didnt believe the market rebound on a single day. i almost did that again in 1987 stock marke crashed. those lesson taught me the market will rebound, but at a great cost/loss

look at the market now. it is past 1130s

i guess why did you decide to go for +30 now as opposed to the +1's you have been taking?

because the market dropped so fast, it is not wise to go after 1pt based on the extreme extreme volitlity. when this happen, i decide to place my stop at breakeven and let it right up. my goal was to have the market hits my breakeven, however, it jumped 10pts past my breakeven less than a min, and i decide to keep my stop at breakeven.

-83 pts at one point?

83 ES pts?

If it is real, then you got some serious confidence to hang on like that.

Probably easier to just post your blotter/statement so we can see how that trade looked.

-83 pts at one point?

83 ES pts?

If it is real, then you got some serious confidence to hang on like that.

Probably easier to just post your blotter/statement so we can see how that trade looked.

Mr Brownfan, i have never seen u post any trades. why dont u post trades instead of stating your opinions?

The way i look at u now, u probably a teenager or a very young adult living in your parent basement critizing other traders trade, but never post live trade.

dont hide and post live trade