Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Reaver

Ant, what do you think about Alexander Trading?

would you recommend it also to people who already read all available literature on Market Profile ?

Yes, I do. Of all the books this is the only one I'll probably go back to. I also like Ray Barros' MP ideas but his DVD is $3200!

nic

BTW, I don't own the DVD. I'm just going by what he has taught on his blog.

In what way, do you think Alexander book is good ? Does it provide detail on how to enter and exit the trade ?

Thanks

Yes, I do. Of all the books this is the only one I'll probably go back to. I also like Ray Barros' MP ideas but his DVD is $3200!

nic

Hi Nic, I assume you have read both of Dalton's work correct? Do you like Alexander that much more? Sorry if it's a silly question. I am just trying to find out in more detail what you like about it, that's all. I am just attempting to learn and blend MP with Wyckoff and general price volume analysis. BTW you and Db are doing a great job on that thread. Good trading to all.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Half of Alexander's book is a concise, quick review of MP.

He focuses on "Key Reference Areas (KRA) that are inflection points of specific areas where we need to be making decisions about trade opportunity."

KRAs are:

• Range extremes (this can be the day's high/low, a previous day's high/low, or the high/low of the range of a composite
  • High volume nodes
  • Single prints and/or high volume rotations
  • Buying and Selling "tails"
  • The Value Area High
  • The Value Area Low

"Here are a few other points we learned from the previous examples that apply as we develop our trade Strategy:

The best trades occur at the extremes:

• Near the extreme of a wide Initial Balance Area
  • Near the extreme of the 10-day ATR
  • Near the extreme of the previoius day's high or low
  • Near the extremes of a composite profile (balance area)
  • Near the extreme of a wide Initial Balance Period
  • Near a time extreme - first 30m or 60m IBP

The book is short and to the point and will be easy to go back to and find the strategies and tactics. I really like his use of high volume nodes and 3-5 day composite profiles.